luni, 13 decembrie 2010

[13Witches] Digest Number 7239

Messages In This Digest (5 Messages)

1.
I am Back! From: Storm Wynd
2a.
Re: Holiday Getting to Know You From: maureen8tales
2b.
Re: Holiday Getting to Know You From: Storm
2c.
Re: Holiday Getting to Know You From: Carol Gradzewicz
3.
**Share A Spell Day**, 12/13/2010, 12:00 am From: 13Witches@yahoogroups.com

Messages

1.

I am Back!

Posted by: "Storm Wynd" stormwitch01@yahoo.com   stormwitch01

Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:34 am (PST)



13 Witches,

My mundane and magickal challenges have been resolved to the point where I can
sleep, focus and be creative.

I had to perform a Binding Spell (binding by reflection) & a Banishment Spell.
The problem child simply and suddenly upped and moved to El Paso, imagine that!

There is a book's worth of story here. Perhaps someday I'll write it all down
and maybe call it "Ripples of The Colorado Witch Wars"! This true story pitches
Pagan Witches against Wiccan Witches and took place in the late 1980s and early
1990s. The ripples of this war are still being felt and is a partial reason the
conservative Christian movement came to be located in Colorado Springs.

Anyway, it feels good to be back.

Brightest Blessings,
Stormy )O(

Life is a journey,
enjoy the ride ~
just avoid kissing the trail!
2a.

Re: Holiday Getting to Know You

Posted by: "maureen8tales" maurf@comcast.net   maureen8tales

Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:14 am (PST)





--- In 13Witches@yahoogroups.com, moonlightwolf4@... wrote:
>
> Holiday Getting to Know You
>
>
> 1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
> Egg Nog for this holiday season
>
>
> 2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
> Wraps, so there is some mystery of what could be inside.
>
> 3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
> mostly colored.
>
> 4. Do you hang mistletoe?
> I usually do, but I haven't found any this year.
>
> 5. When do you put your decorations up?
> This year, the day after Thanksgiving.
>
> 6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
> There is a lot of traditional cooking between Thanksgiving and January first, but on Christmas day we always get Chinese food.
>
>
> 7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?
> Thinking that I heard Santa (laughing) and his sleigh (bells)flying away from my house
>
> 8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
> I don't remember-I probably blocked it out
>
> 9. Do you open a gift on Yule/Christmas Eve?
> I used to let my kids open their presents on Christmas eve. They knew that Santa was a traditional story that we told this time of year.
>
> 10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him?
> Milk and Oreos, and they were always gone and to this day I don't know who eat them.
>
> 11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
> Snow in Dec. is magical. Snow in Jan. and Feb. (I live in Ma.) is dredful.
>
> 12. Can you ice skate?
> I haven't in a while, but I used to love it.
>
> 13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
> Nothing tops my children.
>
> 14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
> Letting others know I care. And It's a time to review the past year.
>
> 15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
> Oh, I love them all especially Italian pasteries and breads of all kinds.
>
> 16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
> Being with my family
>
> 17. What tops your tree?
Usually it's an angel. I couldn't find it this year so we have a star
>
> 18. Which do you prefer: Giving or Receiving?
> Both!
>
> 19. What is your favorite Carol?
> The music of the nutcracker.
>
> 20. Candy Canes?
> always have them
>

2b.

Re: Holiday Getting to Know You

Posted by: "Storm" stormwitch01@yahoo.com   stormwitch01

Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:34 pm (PST)





--- In 13Witches@yahoogroups.com, Lady Nightshayde <LadyNightshayde9@...> wrote:
>
>
> Holiday Getting to Know You
>
>
> 1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
> Both!
>
> 2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
> The Yule Faeries wrap them so that you have a chance to anticipate, imagine and dream!
> 3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
> both
> 4. Do you hang mistletoe?
> yes
> 5. When do you put your decorations up?
> 1st or 2nd week of December
> 6. What is your favourite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
> cranberry sauce!
>
> 7. Favourite Holiday memory as a child?
> Going out with my family to cut down the tree.
>
> 8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
> Surely you jest!

> 9. Do you open a gift on Yule/Christmas Eve?
> Yes
> 10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him?
> No bake oatmeal chocolate.

> 11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
> I love a good Yule snowfall!

> 12. Can you ice skate?
> Yes, but no Olympics or dancing!

> 13. Do you remember your favourite gift?
> Mr. Robot!

> 14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
> Family, coven, friends, love
> 15. What is your favourite Holiday Dessert?
> Mincemeat pie & champagne!

> 16. What is your favourite holiday tradition?
> Yule Ritual then Christmas/Hanukkah for the kids.

> 17. What tops your tree?
> a Pentacle I made myself.

> 18. Which do you prefer: Giving or Receiving?
> Both!

> 19. What is your favourite Carol?
> 'Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer'

> 20. Candy Canes?
> On the tree - definitely
>
>
>
>
> Love Each Day,
> Lady Nightshayde
>
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/13Witches/
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WhisperingWitches/
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MagickalMeals/
> http://groups.yahoo/group/NightshaydesNews
>

2c.

Re: Holiday Getting to Know You

Posted by: "Carol Gradzewicz" hawkshill13@yahoo.com   hawkshill13

Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:03 pm (PST)



1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?--Hot chocolate.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?--Santa definitely does both.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?--Both.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?--Never have.

5. When do you put your decorations up?--Always much later than I want to or plan to--UGH!

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? --The cranberry dish my daughter makes.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?--I have too many fond memories of Christmas as a child to pinpoint just one. I realize now that the best part was the anticipation of it, although I definitely didn't get that at the time!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?--I can't remember exactly how old I was, but I was much too young. I had a little friend whose family was Born-Again Christian. I asked my friend (Debbie) what she wanted Santa to bring her for Christmas. She told me she didn't believe in Santa. I didn't know anyone who didn't believe in Santa at the time. I was very confused. She called her mother to the room to verify. Her mother said in a very haughty tone, "we don't lie to Debra" putting emphasis on "lie." Even though I was young, I knew she was insinuating my parents were liars. It was a very painful and disillusioning experience. :(

9. Do you open a gift on Yule/Christmas Eve?--Sometimes, but I like waiting!

10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him?--Whatever Santa's in the mood for!

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?--Definitely love it! It's a good thing since I live in a snow-belt! I think snow is beautiful and magickal. My chosen Pagan name can be translated to mean "snow witch."

12. Can you ice skate? --I can't even stand in ice skates! (My ankles turn over). I can walk, run and slide on ice pretty well though!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?--One that definitely sticks out in my mind was my Mrs. Beasley doll.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?--Being with family and family rituals.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?--I Love homemade cookies and milk!

17. What tops your tree?--Generally a star.

18. Which do you prefer: Giving or Receiving?--I like both.

19. What is your favorite Carol?--I like so many! I don't think I can choose just one!

20. Candy Canes?--I have huge candy canes lining my porch! I like candy canes better as decorations than as treats.

3.

**Share A Spell Day**, 12/13/2010, 12:00 am

Posted by: "13Witches@yahoogroups.com" 13Witches@yahoogroups.com

Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:55 pm (PST)



Reminder from: 13Witches Yahoo! Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/13Witches/cal

**Share A Spell Day**
Monday December 13, 2010
All Day
(This event repeats every week.)

Notes:
It's Share A Spell Monday! Please share a spell with fellow list members.

All Rights Reserved
Copyright © 2010
Yahoo! Inc.
http://www.yahoo.com

Privacy Policy:
http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy/us

Terms of Service:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Group Charity

GiveWell.net

Identifying the

best non-profits

Yahoo! Groups

Mental Health Zone

Find support for

Mental illnesses

Y! Messenger

Group get-together

Host a free online

conference on IM.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web
Material submitted to this list is for your own personal use and is not to be forwarded without the express permission of the poster. 

Community email addresses:
  Post message: 13Witches@yahoogroups.com
  Subscribe:    13Witches-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
  Unsubscribe:  13Witches-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
  List owner:   13Witches-owner@yahoogroups.com

In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, any copyrighted work in this message is distributed under fair use without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for non-profit research and educational or criticism purposes only, and is NOT an infringement of copyright.
http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.html
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Be a homeroom hero! Help Yahoo! donate up to $350K to classrooms!


Find useful articles and helpful tips on living with Fibromyalgia. Visit the Fibromyalgia Zone today!

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu