luni, 28 februarie 2011

[which_witch_is_witch] Digest Number 4678

Messages In This Digest (3 Messages)

1.
(no subject) From: Beverly
2a.
Re: Merlin Stone From: karentate108
2b.
Re: Merlin Stone From: Don Wildgrube

Messages

1.

(no subject)

Posted by: "Beverly" littleredmistic@yahoo.ca   redmistic2000

Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:40 am (PST)



I remember the first time I read her book " When God was a Woman"...it made a great difference to me how I looked at my life. She will be missed in the spiritual world ☼

2a.

Re: Merlin Stone

Posted by: "karentate108" karentate108@ca.rr.com   specialjourn

Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:44 am (PST)



Thank you for posting Don. Merlin Stone changed my life too. She and
Riane Eisler are responsible for opening my eyes, setting me on my path
and I've continued on that path for the last few decades. So
inspirational, courageous. We owe her such a debt of gratitude. I'll
no doubt be memorializing her on my radio show, Voices of the Sacred
Feminine this week.

Karen Tate
www.karentate.com

2b.

Re: Merlin Stone

Posted by: "Don Wildgrube" dwildgrube@earthlink.net   dwildgrube

Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:51 am (PST)



Merlin Stone as well as Riane Eisler were both very instrumental in my learning of the true aspect of the Goddess, too. Now I need to get this book, but I like what I read of her introduction to the book, "The Goddess Re-Awakening."

In the introduction she said,"One very important aspect of reclaiming a feminine spirituality is that of the vision or concept one has of deity or the divine. Within nearly all expressions of contemporary women's spirituality is the idea of Goddess as a woman sitting on a throne above the clouds, i.e., transcendent, apart from us, but as imminent, with in ourselves. Many would carry this even further and speak of the Goddess as being with all manifestations of life. And more and more women are relating to the idea of divinity not as an anthropomorphic image or even a divine spark within ourselves, as much as it is the flowing energy in the very processes of life and living. Thus Goddess would not be in a person, or tree, or river, so much as she would be the actual organic process, the flow, the changes, transitions, and transformations that the person, tree or river go through. This is an idea that encompasses time as well as space, and is perhaps more closely related to Taoism than any other body of spiritual thought. Some of this can be explained by the names of the Gods."

This writing of hers got me to realize that "The Goddess" is not a noun, but is a verb, a word of action!

B*B, Don

-----Original Message-----
>From: karentate108 <karentate108@ca.rr.com>
>Sent: Feb 27, 2011 12:43 PM
>To: which_witch_is_witch@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: [which_witch_is_witch] Re: Merlin Stone
>
>Thank you for posting Don. Merlin Stone changed my life too. She and
>Riane Eisler are responsible for opening my eyes, setting me on my path
>and I've continued on that path for the last few decades. So
>inspirational, courageous. We owe her such a debt of gratitude. I'll
>no doubt be memorializing her on my radio show, Voices of the Sacred
>Feminine this week.
>
>Karen Tate
>www.karentate.com
>
>
>
>
>------------------------------------
>
>Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups

Mental Health Zone

Find support for

Mental illnesses

Dog Zone

on Yahoo! Groups

Join a Group

all about dogs.

Yahoo! Groups

Latest product news

Join Mod. Central

stay connected.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu