marți, 23 noiembrie 2010

[Witch_Essentials] Digest Number 2739

Messages In This Digest (4 Messages)

1a.
New to Group From: Rose Lieberman
1b.
Re: New to Group From: Blackbird
1c.
Re: New to Group From: Rose Lieberman
1d.
Re: New to Group From: Blackbird

Messages

1a.

New to Group

Posted by: "Rose Lieberman" lapis@frontier.com   roselieberman

Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:24 am (PST)



Merry Meet, Everyone! My name is Rose, I'm 62, I live in rural upstate New York. I was a member of this group a while back.

I follow a wiccan path and also have interests in parapsychology and metaphysics. My background is with AMORC (The Rosicrucian Order) which is mainly a source of "lessons" in the study of metaphysics. I was a member for many years, but am no longer. As far as parapsychology goes, I'm just reading about it, not actually "doing" anything with it. Probably some latent fears are holding me back.

I've been interested in the Craft for a great many years. I want to learn more about herbs and practical magick. I'm studying astrology, as well. I have also been a professional tarot reader. I enjoy reading, gardening organically and feeding our area's wild birds. We lead a very simple life, hubby and I. We live on nine acres of secluded but accessible land, we heat entirely with wood, and we even collect rainwater. But since I'm 62 and Fred's 67, that's about as native as we're gonna get. Anyway, that's me...

(Currently reading, Patricia McKillip's "Solstice Wood.")

Blessed Be,

Rose
1b.

Re: New to Group

Posted by: "Blackbird" blackbird_61@yahoo.com   blackbird_61

Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:42 pm (PST)




Merry Meet,

It seems we share quite a few common interests, and I am very much
looking forward to your contributions to our board. Blessings, BB.

currently reading: Herediatary Witchcraft Raven Grimassi. (A Book on
Stegia)

--- In Witch_Essentials@yahoogroups.com, "Rose Lieberman" <lapis@...>
wrote:
>

New to Group
Merry Meet, Everyone! My name is Rose, I'm 62, I live in rural upstate
New York. I was a member of this group a while back. I follow a
wiccan path and also have interests in parapsychology and metaphysics.
My background is with AMORC (The Rosicrucian Order) which is mainly a
source of "lessons" in the study of metaphysics. I was a member for
many years, but am no longer. As far as parapsychology goes, I'm just
reading about it, not actually "doing" anything with it. Probably some
latent fears are holding me back. I've been interested in the Craft
for a great many years. I want to learn more about herbs and practical
magick. I'm studying astrology, as well. I have also been a
professional tarot reader. I enjoy reading, gardening organically and
feeding our area's wild birds. We lead a very simple life, hubby and I.
We live on nine acres of secluded but accessible land, we heat entirely
with wood, and we even collect rainwater. But since I'm 62 and Fred's
67, that's about as native as we're gonna get. Anyway, that's me...
(Currently reading, Patricia McKillip's "Solstice Wood.") Blessed Be,
Rose
1c.

Re: New to Group

Posted by: "Rose Lieberman" lapis@frontier.com   roselieberman

Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:37 pm (PST)



Merry Meet, Blackbird, and thanks for the welcome. I too am interested in Stregheria, having come from a Sicilian and Roman Catholic background. I'm a cradle Catholic, actually, although I no longer believe or practice.

My trouble is with the ins and outs of faith, or the ability to believe. It's like clouds scudding across the moon. Sometime the light shines through, then a cloud comes in front and blocks it and I'm lost. Then the clouds move on, and I'm fine again. It's exhausting!

Blessed Be,

Rose
1d.

Re: New to Group

Posted by: "Blackbird" blackbird_61@yahoo.com   blackbird_61

Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:15 am (PST)




Hi Rose,

I was raised in a working class Polish-Catholic Neighborhood myself, but
walked away from alot of that in High School, so I understand I think
that existential crisis;

I found this quite interesting: "My trouble is with the ins and outs of
faith, or the ability to believe. It's like clouds scudding across the
moon. Sometime the light shines through, then a cloud comes in front
and blocks it and I'm lost. Then the clouds move on, and I'm fine
again. It's exhausting!"

As we have been having an ongoing discussion about the Initiatory and
Gnostic Aspects of Paganism. You might find this post interesting and
wish to pick up the thread To Walk Alone.
</group/Witch_Essentials/message/24635>

Personally I empathize with you position, while I think I take something
of a different tack. As a Tarot reader I've experianced too many
Syncronicities had to many little moments when I was clearly being
guided to doubt the existance of a Larger Universe encompassing this
material one, and I feel strongly that I've something of an Ally in Nan;
while I've never settled for myself 100% why Nan would bother about me.
(If we Set aside the ego centric, BECAUSE IM ME!, it makes little
enough sense. )

I do find It difficult if not impossible to concieve that the Universe,
Diety; GOD writ Largest, should give a tinkers damn more about me, us,
humanity than S/HE does about the collected fleas on a dogs back.

So my doubts, are not so much in God/dess existance, but if that really
matters, to Us. Ok thats a odd thought to start the day. Looking forward
to chatting with you. BB.

--- In Witch_Essentials@yahoogroups.com, "Rose Lieberman" <lapis@...>
wrote:
>

Re: [Witch_Essentials] Re: New to Group
Merry Meet, Blackbird, and thanks for the welcome. I too am interested
in Stregheria, having come from a Sicilian and Roman Catholic
background. I'm a cradle Catholic, actually, although I no longer
believe or practice. My trouble is with the ins and outs of faith,
or the ability to believe. It's like clouds scudding across the moon.
Sometime the light shines through, then a cloud comes in front and
blocks it and I'm lost. Then the clouds move on, and I'm fine again.
It's exhausting! Blessed Be, Rose
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups

Mental Health Zone

Mental Health

Learn More

Y! Groups blog

The place to go

to stay informed

on Groups news!

Need traffic?

Drive customers

With search ads

on Yahoo!

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web
MARKETPLACE

Be a homeroom hero ¿ help Yahoo! donate up to $350K to classrooms!


Find useful articles and helpful tips on living with Fibromyalgia. Visit the Fibromyalgia Zone today!


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu