sâmbătă, 3 septembrie 2011

[13Witches] Digest Number 7553

Messages In This Digest (7 Messages)

1.
Everyone! From: Gary Reese
2a.
Re: A Hero From: Gloria Sparks
3a.
Info on tools and postures please. From: Keelty_Sage
3b.
Re: Info on tools and postures please. From: Annette Breaux
4a.
Hecate From: Gary Reese
5.
any help please From: Jan Malone
6a.
Re: Political Candidates and Faith-Based Questions From: Carol

Messages

1.

Everyone!

Posted by: "Gary Reese" hyperreal69@yahoo.com   hyperreal69

Fri Sep 2, 2011 11:06 am (PDT)



Hello Everyone !                                                         
I just wanted to tell everyone that I know to         have a  wonderful Labor Day Weekend                   (U>S>A>) !                                                                 
Please be safe, and if you drink, Get a                     designated  driver...That is of course unless all     you are driving is a broom...then...watch out        for birds and planes. We don't want to harm the  poor creatures !!! HEEHEEHEEHEE                          
Bright Blessings to All of You And Yours,              
Gae                 
2a.

Re: A Hero

Posted by: "Gloria Sparks" gloriasparks3@sbcglobal.net   gloriasparks2002

Fri Sep 2, 2011 11:44 am (PDT)



This letter is from the column "Dear Abby." Dr. Kevorkian is also one of my
heroes.

DEAR ABBY: A hero? Mine is a man who saw people living with endless,
excruciating pain and helped them to suffer no more. His were courageous acts of
love and compassion, performed with the knowledge that there could be a
horrendous price to pay. For this, he was labeled a "murderer" and sent to
prison, his voice silenced and his work ended. It's Jack Kevorkian. -- HELEN G.
IN FLORIDA

The light of a hundred stars cannot equal the light of the Moon.

Love Each Day,
Lady Nightshayde

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/13Witches/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WhisperingWitches/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MagickalMeals/
http://groups.yahoo/group/NightshaydesNews


3a.

Info on tools and postures please.

Posted by: "Keelty_Sage" walksalone2004@yahoo.com   keelty_sage

Fri Sep 2, 2011 11:44 am (PDT)



Hi everyone,
 
If I remember correctly this is a group of sometimes very serious folks that know their craft well. I am studying Gardnerian Wicca with a teacher. My problem is I am having a hard time finding a good source for exactly what tools are used and how they are used. I would also like to know more about the god and goddess postures. I have just recently became aware of them and didn't know there was a difference before this week. One source on the internet tells how the pentacle altar tile is used to charge the ritual tools before a ritual, but when I ask a man that was suppose to be Wiccan he told me they don't use them. When I ask him then just what ritual tools they did use he told me that only the initates were privileged with that information. I am sitting there thinking, okay so what is a student suppose to use for tools in the meantime.
 
I have studied Celtic Greenwitch with a teacher for 8 1/2 months, then we had a communication problem and it all feel apart. I have recently started with a Gardnerian teacher and I think she assumes I know the tools already even though I had told her about all the conflicting information I have experienced. Since I still feel like I don't have the correct information I would greatly appreicate any information on the subject of tools and postures used in Gardnerian Wicca.
 
Keelty Sage
 
3b.

Re: Info on tools and postures please.

Posted by: "Annette Breaux" annettebreaux@yahoo.com   annettebreaux

Fri Sep 2, 2011 1:48 pm (PDT)



I don't follow Gardernarian Wicca, but I do consider myself Wiccan. I am not sure if I will answer what it is you were asking for but this is what I do.
 
To cleanse my tools I let them sit in moonlight for tools with a feminine aspect and those with masculine in the sun. You can also cleanse and consecrate using the four elements, earth (salt or dirt), air (incense), fire (incense or lit candle) and water. A simple washing them also works as does burying them in dirt. Just be careful of what they are made of, some things don't do well in water or dirt :)
 
The tools I use most often are my chalice, cauldron, god and goddess candles, quarter candles, incense, oils, besom when needed. When we cast a circle for ritual, my entire coven casts it together so we don't really use a wand or athame. We no longer do the casting three times thing either. That is just a matter of what you like to do. On my personal altar for element I have a corresponding item. North-pentacle that I made, East-very small broom and wand that was given to me, fire, red stones and water I have shells and a very small crystal ball my son got for me. these things are all minature in size so they are perfect for my small altar.
 
Hope you can find someone to answer your question specifically.
 
BB,
Annette
4a.

Hecate

Posted by: "Gary Reese" hyperreal69@yahoo.com   hyperreal69

Fri Sep 2, 2011 11:50 am (PDT)



Here is an excerpt from a kool site I found. I am posting the link after,
Gae
 
 
Thou stands before
the gates of Hecate's Shrine.

Close thy eyes and think of a three-way-crosspath,
where thou stands.
See the moon as the only shape at the darkened sky.
Imagine that thou carries food with thee as sacrifice.
Lay the offerings in the middle of the imagined crossway
and speak out loud or in mind:

Hail to thee, Hecate, Mother of Old

Hail to thee, Artemis of the crossroads,
Trivia, Goddess of the three roads,
let me walk the ancient path again

Hail to thee, Propylaia,
let me enter through thy sacred gate

Hail to thee, Kleidouchos,
lend me thy keyes for vision

Hail to thee,  Propolos,
send me thy heavenly guidance and aid

Hail to thee, mighty Phosphoros,
send light and love my darkened ways.

Hail to thee, mighty Mother of Old,
accept my sacrifice and let me dare to enter
 
Hymnos Hekatês
Einodian Hekatên, klêizô, Trihoditin Erannên,
>Ouranian, Chthonian, te kai Einalian, Krokopeplos.
>Tymbidian, Psychais Nekyôn meta bakcheuosan,
>Perseian, Philerêmon, agallomenên elaphoisi.
>Nykterian, Skylakitin, amaimaketon Basileian.
>osmachon Eidos echousan.
>Tauropolon, Pantos Kosmou Klêidouchon,
>Anassan, Hêgemonên, Nymphên, Kourotrophon, Ouresiphoitin.
>Lissomenos, Kourên, teletais hosiaisi pareinai,
>Boukolôi eumeneousan aei kecharêoti thymôi.

Hymn to Hekatê
Hekatê of the Path, I invoke Thee, Lovely Lady of the Triple Crossroads,
>Celestial, Chthonian, and Marine One, Lady of the Saffron Robe.
>Sepulchral One, celebrating the Bakchic Mysteries among the Souls of the Dead,
>Daughter of Persês, Lover of Solitude, rejoicing in deer.
Nocturnal One, Lady of the Dogs, invincible Queen.
>She of the Cry of the Beast, Ungirt One, having an irresistible Form.
>Bullherder, Keeper of the Keys of All the Universe, Mistress,
>Guide, Bride, Nurturer of Youths, Mountain Wanderer.
I pray Thee, Maiden, to be present at our hallowed rites of initiation,
>Always bestowing Thy graciousness upon the Boukolos.     

Original Text: Orphic Hymn, Translation by Adam Forrest
Another translation of the same greek text:
You, of roads and crossways,
Of heaven, of earth, and sea as well.
You, the saffron-clad, among the tombs,
Dancing with dead souls the Bacchic rite.
You, daughter of Perses, lover of desolation,
Taking joy in deer and dogs, in the night.
You, terrible Queen! Devourer of beasts!
Ungirded, possessed of form unapproachable!
You, bull-huntress, universal sovereign Empress:
You mountain-roaming guide, and bride, and nursemaid,
I entreat, O Maiden, your presence at these
sacred rites,With grace to the Oxherd and a
joyful heart eternal.
Translated by Shawn Eyer

 
http://inanna.virtualave.net/hekate.html
 
 
 
Bright Blessings,
Gae
5.

any help please

Posted by: "Jan Malone" magikalwitch@yahoo.co.uk   magikalwitch

Fri Sep 2, 2011 12:26 pm (PDT)



    Merry meet everyone, I am new to the craft an I am looking for some help on actually getting started,
I am the kind of person who works on their own with anything and so I would like some step by step instructions on how I can start my path that I have choosen but I am a little nervous that I may do something wrong I have most of the items needed for doing rituals, spells etc but I think I need a little support from others from the group.
I would lso like to thank everyone for the posts that have been posted as I have enjoyed reading them all and there are some really fantastic posts that have been very interesting, anyway I would be very great if anyone is prepared to help me get myself going, but I need to go back to the basics again because i think I've jumped ahead of myself
Thank you very much for your time i would be very grateful
Blessed Be everyone
magikalwitch
6a.

Re: Political Candidates and Faith-Based Questions

Posted by: "Carol" hawkshill13@yahoo.com   hawkshill13

Fri Sep 2, 2011 2:43 pm (PDT)



This is a very good resource; thank you for providing it! It is, however, unfortunate that in this day and age that knowing the religious background and beliefs of a political candidate is so vital--but it is necessary when politicians, rather than embracing this country as an inclusive diverse republic, desire nothing more than to make it an exclusive theocracy.

BB,

Hawkshill

--- In 13Witches@yahoogroups.com, Lady Nightshayde <LadyNightshayde9@...> wrote:
>
>
> Lady N's Note: While the group is not for political discussion, I felt this post was important.
> Political Candidates and Faith-Based Questions
> By Patti Wigington, About.com Guide August 29, 2011
>
>

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups

Small Business Group

A community for

small business owners

Yahoo! Search

Try a shortcut

Get local weather

faster.

Moderator Central

Get answers to

your questions about

running Y! Groups.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web
Material submitted to this list is for your own personal use and is not to be forwarded without the express permission of the poster. 

Community email addresses:
  Post message: 13Witches@yahoogroups.com
  Subscribe:    13Witches-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
  Unsubscribe:  13Witches-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
  List owner:   13Witches-owner@yahoogroups.com

In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, any copyrighted work in this message is distributed under fair use without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for non-profit research and educational or criticism purposes only, and is NOT an infringement of copyright.
http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.html
MARKETPLACE
A bad score is 598. A bad idea is not checking yours, at freecreditscore.com.

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu