marți, 20 septembrie 2011

[WitchesWorkshop] Digest Number 4831

Messages In This Digest (4 Messages)

Messages

1a.

Re: The Mercian Gathering

Posted by: "barbtrad" barbtrad@yahoo.com.au   barbtrad

Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:45 pm (PDT)



Greetings Tim.

--- In WitchesWorkshop@yahoogroups.com, Tim Hartridge <ozpagan@...> wrote:

>
> Hi Caroline and et al,

> But back to the topic — I think the problem, as I see it, is that
> there just aren't any Witches' Sabbati for Witches to attend.

Quite so Tim! Sad it is, but perhaps merely part of way things wax and wane.

>
> I'm just frustrated by a complete lack of ritual experiences
> available to me. The last few ritual that I attended that resembled
> these ol'time Sabbats and Esbats have been my own; supported I might
> add by a small team of familiar Dark Circle members. To them I say,
> thank you and "vinum sabbati!".
>
> What surprises me though, outside of this relatively small circle of
> friends, I just don't see any development in the broader pagan-
> witchcraft community, here in Australia, of Witches' celebrations.
> Admittedly I am interested in something that will provide an
> experience of depth and akin to Margaret Murray's "Witchcult of
> Western Europe", but I really don't think that's too much to hope for.

Yes indeed. I have memories of one of the events we organized, "Pagan 99" I think, where we had well over a hundred participating in the main ritual. Was it in the vein of Margret Murrays "Witchcult "? Sadly no: More like an Amway motivational meeting, but Hells Bells it worked a treat.

You ask, "Is it too much too hope for?" Well it probably is given the current climate, but I too share some of your aspirations. My opinion? Yes, yes I know, opinions are like organs of excretion .. everyone has one, However, I think.. that, like our ancestors, those of us I consider "hard core" that will endure fads and fantasies as they come and go, need to be prepared for the re-emergence of The Craft among the more IQ gifted among the population and get in and propagate the seeds of reality and tradition before it becomes trendy with the more IQ challenged, or indeed the various minority groups that try to hang off the coat tails of any trend they see as emerging.

One day Tim, before the ravages of time render me incapable, I envisage your lot and mine collaborating to put on a festival and some rituals that might just encapsulate what I think Witchcraft is all about. OK they will probably lock us up and throw away the key afterwards.. but I think it might be worth it!!

Bill.

>
> vinum sabbati,
> Tim 'ozpagan' Hartridge
>
> http://www.witchesworkshop.com
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

2a.

Gathrings in the Land of Oz

Posted by: "Caroline Tully" heliade@bigpond.com   willowitch2001

Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:46 pm (PDT)



Hi Tim and everyone on Witches Workshop,

Well, wasn't Brock suggesting that this is because of legalities, like
insurance and lack of sites etc? Which was why I mentioned the Confest - it
was huge and I don't know what type of insurance they had, but it's still
going (probably still huge) and must have legalities sorted, plus, they
manage to find land on which to have it. However, I hear that Mt Franklin is
having to get more and more savvy with permission, licenses etc than they
ever used to have to do.

You are right though about the gatherings in Oz, while they still occur, it
would seem that with the boom in Witchcraft that happened here in the late
90s, there'd be actually be much _more_ in the way of gatherings. more
witches = more sabbats ? But you suggest that there are in fact less. Seems
odd doesn't it. I mean really, there _are_ more Witches now. So why would it
be that there are less gatherings of a Sabbatic nature? By the way, where
has Euphoria gone? Did Hawthorn and Seline just decide to do other things,
or did something close them down?

~Caroline.

-----------

Hi Caroline and et al,

I've done the DTE confests and enjoyed them. Back in the early days I'd
travel over from Adelaide, and later down from Sydney for them.

I'd even run pagan rituals at them.

The first confest I attended was at Berri in SA, sometime back in the 70s. I
dragged a few coven members along and we ran an Esbat. With over a hundred
people dancing 'n' trancing beneath a full and fiery full moon we stirred
the magick all night and watched the dawn rise.

It was actually at this confest where I met the Marolds, as well as members
of the Dawn of Ra.

I recall one year, with a small contingent of Dark Circle members, we
accepted an invitation to join-in the 'spiritual' village's mantra chant-in.
Our pagan troop sat somewhat conspicuously through the endless round of
Hindu chants (to this guru and that). We politely awaited our turn. And
patiently waited and waited to have our chance to share our pagan chants and
mantra. Finally there was an "Om Shanti Om" and what seemed to me to be a
pause, I leaped right-in with my "Ma, Binah, Moon, Ea, Ge" luna-mantra. The
rather (errr) surprised looks on faces from our Eastern-embracing hippy
counsins was met with gusto and enthusiasm of our pagan troop. I was
completely oblivious to the terrible "faux pas" I had just made - apparently
"Om Shanti"

was Hindu code for "that's all folks" - and not missing my chance, I
blissfully went on to do a second chant.

It was hilarious, but really I had warned them, we were coming armed with
chants.

But back to the topic - I think the problem, as I see it, is that there just
aren't any Witches' Sabbati for Witches to attend.

I'm just frustrated by a complete lack of ritual experiences available to
me. The last few ritual that I attended that resembled these ol'time Sabbats
and Esbats have been my own; supported I might add by a small team of
familiar Dark Circle members. To them I say, thank you and "vinum sabbati!".

What surprises me though, outside of this relatively small circle of
friends, I just don't see any development in the broader pagan- witchcraft
community, here in Australia, of Witches' celebrations.

Admittedly I am interested in something that will provide an experience of
depth and akin to Margaret Murray's "Witchcult of Western Europe", but I
really don't think that's too much to hope for.

vinum sabbati,

Tim 'ozpagan' Hartridge

http://www.witchesworkshop.com

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

2b.

Re: Gathrings in the Land of Oz

Posted by: "Bri King" scarlettheartt@gmail.com   bri_berrie

Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:45 pm (PDT)



By the way, where

> has Euphoria gone? Did Hawthorn and Seline just decide to do other things,
> or did something close them down?
>

I attended the last Euphoria in 2009. I believe Hawthorn and Seline decided
after 10 years or so that it was time to do different things.

Bri

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

3.

Spring Equinox Celebrations in Kiama

Posted by: "Alison" alison@alssocks.com   alssocks

Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:39 pm (PDT)



At Kiama Mind, Body & Spirit Centre on Thursday 22nd September, 7pm we are
holding a Spring Equinox Celebration.

Spring Equinox is a time of sprouting that initial manifestation of the
ideas that you planted at last autumn at the turning of the wheel into
winter.

A time of balance. A time of growth. A time of equality. A time to plant
new seeds, ideas and goals so they may grow and flourish as we move on
towards Beltane and the turning of the wheel into summer.

We celebrate with dancing, singing, magic and merriment to welcome the new
growth of springtime back to the land.

Come and join the fun,
Bring your family and Friends,
Celebrate the Earth and the seasonal wheel of the year in this joyful
celebration!

See you there!
Have a beautiful day :)

Love & Blessings

*Alison x *
Energy Healer & Teacher

*Empowerment Community Healing*

Tel: *0451 983 570*
Email: *alison@shamanicspirit.com.au*
Website: *www.shamanicspirit.com.au*

*Check out my other websites:*
www.alssocks.com
www.makenaturalwine.com
www.theshamanicvoice.com

<http://www.alssocks.com/>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups

Mental Health Zone

Learn about issues

Find support

Yahoo! Groups

Parenting Zone

Community resources

for parents

Y! Groups blog

The place to go

to stay informed

on Groups news!

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web
____________________ ooo)(0({O})0)(ooo____________________

Witches Workshop hold regular workshops see
http://www.witchesworkshop.com/Circle/circle_workshop.html

Keep up to date via our WitchesWorshop Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sydney-Australia/WitchesWorkshop/135651219624

WitchesWorkshop and Witch Camp Australia also run camps
several times a year - check out our websites for updates.
http://www.witchcampaustralia.org.au
http://www.witchesworkshop.com
___________________________________________________________

The WitchesWorkshop egroup holds the expectation that a
tolerant and respectful dialogue be strived for in our  
communication with other pagans, witches magicians, et al.
Members are encouraged to challenge anyone not adhering
to these principles & to notify owner.

info@witchesworkshop.com
___________________________________________________________

MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu