duminică, 9 octombrie 2011

[13Witches] Digest Number 7601[8 Attachments]

Messages In This Digest (20 Messages)

1.
Moonscopes From: LadyHawk_Jax
2a.
Re: Black Cat Bash From: lumen
2b.
Re: Black Cat Bash From: Tiamat
2c.
Re: Black Cat Bash From: lumen
3.
Daily Feng Shui Tip for October 8 From: Lady Nightshayde
4.
Extras.. From: Leeda
5a.
Re: Before the Sun Goes Down From: Danielle Johnson
5b.
Re: Before the Sun Goes Down From: Amanda Forest
5c.
Re: Before the Sun Goes Down From: Lady Nightshayde
5d.
Re: Before the Sun Goes Down From: Lady ckrystal Hawk
5e.
Re: Before the Sun Goes Down From: eddie perez
5f.
Re: Before the Sun Goes Down From: eddie perez
6.
Is Climate Change Affecting Fall Foliage? From: Lady Nightshayde
7a.
Re: Banishings and Bindings From: Eala Lyn
8a.
Cosmic Calendar From: LadyHawk_Jax
9a.
Candle Magic From: Lady Nightshayde
9b.
Re: Candle Magic From: Lady ckrystal Hawk
10.
**Topic Tag**, 10/9/2011, 12:00 am From: 13Witches@yahoogroups.com
11a.
I'm Back From: Lady Ckrystal Hawk
12a.
Re: Fire Scrying/Lady Nightshayde From: Leeda

Messages

1.

Moonscopes

Posted by: "LadyHawk_Jax" ladyhawk_jax@yahoo.com   ladyhawk_jax

Sat Oct 8, 2011 6:21 am (PDT)



This Week's Moonscopes Forecast
For the week of Oct. 9 to Oct. 15

Sunday(*v/c): the Moon is in Pisces
The moon's current sign of Pisces and its void-of-course position are saying to wind down and be involved in peace and quiet (Pisces phrases) today. This is a good day for rest and renewal. Actually, two keywords for Sunday in general are relaxation & rejuvenation. (You can read more about v/c farther down on this page.)

Monday, Tuesday(Full Moon), Wednesday: the Moon is in Aries
Taking a risk or acting on impulse may not be the way to go, especially when there is a full moon involved, however it's hard not to rev up your engines and zoom straight ahead when Aries is around because this sign does not include the word 'caution' in its vocabulary. Hmmm - this might turn out to be the right time after all - only you know what is right for you. Aries shoots from the hip and pulls no punches, so be aware of the potential for point-blank interactions. This is all good for clearing the air and starting again with a fresh clean slate, so think about embracing the opportunity should it appear.

Thursday, Friday: the Moon is in Taurus
In contrast to the Aries energy of the past three days, now the Moon is in a sign that prefers a step-by-step, slow and careful, practical approach to whatever is going on. Taurus likes to conserve physical and mental output but will eventually accomplish everything that has to be done because it utilizes steady and continual energy.

Saturday: the Moon is in Gemini
Get in touch with people, read some short stories or browse through magazines, consider making notes of some fun or interesting factoids with which you can amaze people when the occasion arises. Gemini likes to use the brain without invoking a strain, so keep it light and airy (this is an air sign after all) this weekend.
Current Planet Positions:
Sun - Libra, until Oct. 24
Mercury - Libra, until Oct. 13
Venus - Scorpio, until Nov. 2
Mars - Leo, until Nov. 11
Jupiter - Taurus, until June 12, 2012
Saturn - Libra, until Oct. 6, 2012
Uranus - Aries, until Mar. 6, 2019
(Taurus, May 16, 2018-Nov. 7, 2018)
Neptune - Aquarius, until Feb. 4, 2012
Pluto - Capricorn, until Nov. 20, 2024

Current Asteroid Positions:
Ceres - Pisces, until Jan. 20, 2012
Pallas - Aquarius, until Feb. 13, 2012
Juno - Libra, until Oct. 26
Vesta - Aquarius, until Dec. 21
Chiron - Pisces, until Apr. 22, 2018

Current Asteroid Transits:
Ceres - Harvest the core basics of spiritual beliefs or philosophies.
Pallas - A practical application of information is the best approach.
Juno - Protocol and social practices are highlighted.
Vesta - Personal desires are mixed together with personal responsibilities.
Chiron - Transcend wounds and negativity through compassion.

Love, Light and Abundant Blessings,
LadyHawk
 
 
 
2a.

Re: Black Cat Bash

Posted by: "lumen" lanterna@earthlink.net   soulspajamas2000

Sat Oct 8, 2011 9:07 am (PDT)



body{font-size:10pt;font-family:arial,sans-serif;background-color\
:#ffffff;color:black;}p{margin:0px;} Hey, folks, I did not get
this in time to sign in and do anything. Will there be another?
If so, a little more notice, pleeeeese?
2b.

Re: Black Cat Bash

Posted by: "Tiamat" jadeangelou2003@yahoo.ca   jadeangelou2003

Sat Oct 8, 2011 11:31 am (PDT)



Yes....there will be one in November, I will post the date as soon as I know.

T

 
 One should not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

________________________________
From: lumen <lanterna@earthlink.net>
To: 13Witches@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, October 8, 2011 12:07:07 PM
Subject: Re: [13Witches] Black Cat Bash

 
Hey, folks, I did not get this in time to sign in and do anything. Will there be another? If so, a little more notice, pleeeeese?

2c.

Re: Black Cat Bash

Posted by: "lumen" lanterna@earthlink.net   soulspajamas2000

Sat Oct 8, 2011 4:24 pm (PDT)



body{font-size:10pt;font-family:arial,sans-serif;background-color\
:#ffffff;color:black;}p{margin:0px;} Yay!
3.

Daily Feng Shui Tip for October 8

Posted by: "Lady Nightshayde" LadyNightshayde9@aol.com   nightshayde99

Sat Oct 8, 2011 9:20 am (PDT)





Daily Feng Shui Tip by Ellen Whitehurst for Saturday, October 8

Today's 'Universal Music Day' energies are music to my ears. Did you know that music really can soothe the savage beast while healing an unhealthy body? Ancient healing techniques say that when we use all of the tones on the traditional diatonic scales, including all the sharps and the flats, that we bring a state of total health and balance to all of our chakras, and to the major meridians, or energy pathways. In fact, two of these meridians are considered critical to the overall functioning of the entire body. One runs up the spine and is called the governing meridian while another runs up the front of the body and is termed the conception meridian. Healers who practice the Oriental medicines often call these two meridians 'Thy Rod and Thy Staff.' They share that when the middle C and high C tones are played, sung or toned, these two meridians are then brought into complete and harmonious balance. It is said that these two tones enable an energetic circuitry to be connected , thus allowing the energies in our bodies to flow freely. So playing those two C's should now be music to both your ears and your overall well-being!

The light of a hundred stars cannot equal the light of the Moon.

Love Each Day,
Lady Nightshayde

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/13Witches/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WhisperingWitches/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MagickalMeals/
http://groups.yahoo/group/NightshaydesNews

4.

Extras..

Posted by: "Leeda" lkangelz@aol.com   angel_75457

Sat Oct 8, 2011 9:23 am (PDT)

[Attachment(s) from Leeda included below]


SNS
LEEDA


Attachment(s) from Leeda

8 of 8 Photo(s)

5a.

Re: Before the Sun Goes Down

Posted by: "Danielle Johnson" mntmom2@yahoo.com   mntmom2

Sat Oct 8, 2011 10:10 am (PDT)





Sorry Guys that I am not so chatty know that i do read all your messages but I get so swamped dealing with the mess I call a home that I dont have much time to reply to the messages. I want you to all know that I am listening though it may seem like  I am not. I want you all to know that this is a close to being a real pagan for me in the last 7 years. I moved from Colorado and my coven there to Oklahoma where in my first few weeks I was hit with a Religious hate crime. Of which consisted of big letters on my apartment door Go home witch


5b.

Re: Before the Sun Goes Down

Posted by: "Amanda Forest" ladymaigrey@yahoo.com   ladymaigrey

Sat Oct 8, 2011 10:55 am (PDT)



I am so sorry that you had to go through that.  People can be so cruel.
(hugs and blessings)
Amanda

 
// live true

>________________________________
>From: Danielle Johnson <mntmom2@yahoo.com>
>To: "13Witches@yahoogroups.com" <13Witches@yahoogroups.com>
>Sent: Friday, October 7, 2011 10:35 PM
>Subject: Re: [13Witches] Before the Sun Goes Down
>
>

>
>
>Sorry Guys that I am not so chatty know that i do read all your messages but I get so swamped dealing with the mess I call a home that I dont have much time to reply to the messages. I want you to all know that I am listening though it may seem like  I am not. I want you all to know that this is a close to being a real pagan for me in the last 7 years. I moved from Colorado and my coven there to Oklahoma where in my first few weeks I was hit with a Religious hate crime. Of which consisted of big letters on my apartment door Go home witch
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
5c.

Re: Before the Sun Goes Down

Posted by: "Lady Nightshayde" LadyNightshayde9@aol.com   nightshayde99

Sat Oct 8, 2011 11:04 am (PDT)





Sorry Guys that I am not so chatty know that i do read all your messages but I get so swamped dealing with the mess I call a home that I dont have much time to reply to the messages. I want you to all know that I am listening though it may seem like I am not. I want you all to know that this is a close to being a real pagan for me in the last 7 years. I moved from Colorado and my coven there to Oklahoma where in my first few weeks I was hit with a Religious hate crime. Of which consisted of big letters on my apartment door Go home witch

I am glad that you feel at home here; we are very happy to have you as a member.

It is unfortunate that things of this type still exist. When it is committed against minorities, it is considered a hate crime. I wonder when things like this will fall into that category.

The light of a hundred stars cannot equal the light of the Moon.

Love Each Day,
Lady Nightshayde

.


5d.

Re: Before the Sun Goes Down

Posted by: "Lady ckrystal Hawk" ladyckrystalhawk@yahoo.com   ladyckrystalhawk

Sat Oct 8, 2011 11:01 pm (PDT)



Merry Meet,
OUCH!! Religous Hate Crime? Geesh, It must be an EVIL Religion. What an attitude.
Blessed Be
Lady Ckrystal Hawk
 

Someday
We will look back
Be humble like a Hawk
Stretch your Golden Wings
Fly high
To the Sky Above

________________________________
From: Danielle Johnson <mntmom2@yahoo.com>
To: "13Witches@yahoogroups.com" <13Witches@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, October 7, 2011 4:35 PM
Subject: Re: [13Witches] Before the Sun Goes Down

 


Sorry Guys that I am not so chatty know that i do read all your messages but I get so swamped dealing with the mess I call a home that I dont have much time to reply to the messages. I want you to all know that I am listening though it may seem like  I am not. I want you all to know that this is a close to being a real pagan for me in the last 7 years. I moved from Colorado and my coven there to Oklahoma where in my first few weeks I was hit with a Religious hate crime. Of which consisted of big letters on my apartment door Go home witch


5e.

Re: Before the Sun Goes Down

Posted by: "eddie perez" peves38@yahoo.com   peves38

Sun Oct 9, 2011 2:42 am (PDT)




>All is well and with the mother Moon shining over us it is a double wammo of good vibes,good feelings and foremost good happenings amongst we all...the best is tomorrow clearer day,so let,s enjoy it...Salvador...10/9/11=21 beautyful number...
>,feelings
>
>

5f.

Re: Before the Sun Goes Down

Posted by: "eddie perez" peves38@yahoo.com   peves38

Sun Oct 9, 2011 2:44 am (PDT)



L:ady Nightshayde all is well even in this couple of days of hard rain in south florida,tonight was to be some meteorites night but we coulnt see nothing due to the low and dark clouds,our souls saw the display in all its magnificence and tomorrow the sun might be bright and if not then there comes monday and tuesday to continue living and enjoying it,and as you aptly writes,the Moonlight eclipse all those so faraway stars and we with it as companions are what we are supposed to be...blessed be...Salvador...10/9/11 = 21 a magnificent number... 

--- On Sat, 10/8/11, Lady Nightshayde <LadyNightshayde9@aol.com> wrote:

From: Lady Nightshayde <LadyNightshayde9@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [13Witches] Before the Sun Goes Down
To: 13Witches@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, October 8, 2011, 2:04 PM

 

Sorry Guys that I am not so chatty know that i do read all your messages but I get so swamped dealing with the mess I call a home that I dont have much time to reply to the messages. I want you to all know that I am listening though it may seem like  I am not. I want you all to know that this is a close to being a real pagan for me in the last 7 years. I moved from Colorado and my coven there to Oklahoma where in my first few weeks I was hit with a Religious hate crime. Of which consisted of big letters on my apartment door Go home witch

I am glad that you feel at home here; we are very happy to have you as a member.
 
It is unfortunate that things of this type still exist.  When it is committed against minorities, it is considered a hate crime.  I wonder when things like this will fall into that category.

The light of a hundred stars cannot equal the light of the Moon.

Love Each Day,
Lady Nightshayde

.

6.

Is Climate Change Affecting Fall Foliage?

Posted by: "Lady Nightshayde" LadyNightshayde9@aol.com   nightshayde99

Sat Oct 8, 2011 10:37 am (PDT)

7a.

Re: Banishings and Bindings

Posted by: "Eala Lyn" ealalyn@yahoo.com   ealalyn

Sat Oct 8, 2011 11:41 am (PDT)



Thank you for this, Lady Nightshayde. I'm actually in a current harmful situation. I have a "friend" who is taking advantage of me, using me, and harming me mentally. I know we're not supposed to do harmful spells against others, but I need him to get away from me. He has this "hold" on me, and can persuade me to do things that I know are wrong for me.
I'm currently suffering from depression, anxiety, insomnia, and have discovered possible past trauma. I've been crying off and on for the past few weeks on a constant basis. I'll be seeing a therapist Monday and a psychiatrist Tuesday.
My "friend" doesn't care about any of that. He's manipulative and selfish.
Based on my situation, if you have any other or additional spells that might help, please feel free to share them.
Eala

Eala
*Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

8a.

Cosmic Calendar

Posted by: "LadyHawk_Jax" ladyhawk_jax@yahoo.com   ladyhawk_jax

Sat Oct 8, 2011 11:52 am (PDT)



Don't let this become the Lost Weekend. There is a very good reason to mention this as the Moon in Pisces forms a mind-expanding, opportunistic and supportive, 60-degree alliance with giant Jupiter in Taurus (9:52AM PDT), but this lunar connection simultaneously starts a 44+ hour void lunar cycle that lasts for the rest of today, all-day tomorrow, and continues until 5:58AM PDT on Monday when the Moon enters Aries.

Usually, void lunar cycles last for a few hours, sometimes even a couple of minutes, and - once in a while - many hours or 24+ hours. Depending on how spread-around the celestial bodies are in the heavens, this current, elongated void lunar uncertainty zone falls into a small percentile of void lunar experiences. Remember that the key to a void-of-course Moon cycle is to finish old business and projects to the best of your ability, to go with the cosmic flow and mellow out, and to wait until the Moon enters the next zodiacal sign before considering the initiation of bold, new enterprises.

Thus, there is no reason why you still can't have fun and enjoy arts, crafts and hobbies on a day like today. Photography, film and video work, poetry, music and spiritual studies are in the limelight.

Mercury making an inspirational, 72-degree link to Pluto (8:16PM PDT) suggests exploring the fields of psychology and metaphysics. Venus enters the sign of mysteries, secrets and deep-seated passions (Scorpio) at 10:51PM PDT. This Venusian transit in the eighth sign of the zodiac lasts until November 2 when Venus will dart into fiery Sagittarius. Let the good times roll this evening and try out new dance steps with an eager partner.

Love, Light and Abundant Blessings,
LadyHawk
 
 
 
9a.

Candle Magic

Posted by: "Lady Nightshayde" LadyNightshayde9@aol.com   nightshayde99

Sat Oct 8, 2011 1:03 pm (PDT)




Candle Magic

Somewhere tonight in a tiny apartment a young lady lights the candles on a dinner table, completing the scene for a romantic dinner for two. And, at a kitchen table across town, a family gathers to watch a young boy as he makes a wish before blowing out the candles on his birthday cake.

Many people may not realize it, but what is actually taking place in these two scenes are examples of one of the world's most ancient forms of magic--candle magic.

Candle magic has been a part of folk magic, Witchcraft and other religious ceremonies for centuries. A candle's flame has always been believed to attract benevolent spirits and to repel evil. Thus, candle magic in various forms has become woven into many religions and cultural rituals. Lighting candles in church or during Hanukkah are based on candle magic. The candles on a birthday cake are a hidden form of candle magic. It was believed that lighting candles on a birthday cake was a way to thank the Gods for prosperity and another year of life.

It is unknown when candle magic began, but we do know that candles have been a source of illumination in Crete and Egypt since around 3000 BCE.

Why and How Candle Magic Works

We've all experienced why candle magic works--candlelight is magical. You can easily transform an ordinary room into a place of mystery and beauty simply by lighting a candle. Soft candlelight not only transforms a room into an enchanting space, it also transforms you, the magician. Candlelight raises our psychic awareness and prepares us for the magic about to begin. It helps us forget about the mundane and allows us to focus on our magical goal.

The reason candle magic works is because of energy. When a candle is lit, it releases energy. And since you'll be the person who'll empower the candle, it will be your energy being released into the Unseen Realm.

Getting Started

Candle magic can be performed by just lighting a candle and saying a prayer. To receive more consistent results safely and easily, however, here are some basic guidelines.

First, candle magic is used to bring a positive change into your life. In many magical rituals a candle is only a prop, used to enhance the magical process. But, in candle magic the candle is the magical tool, used to channel your power.

It also helps if you know the different parts associated with the candle and what their magical symbolism is. Most magicians agree the parts of a candle mirror the human body and spirit. I've found that a candle and the sections associated with it can be divided into six parts. I've listed them here, starting from the bottom to the top.

Holder: The holder or base represents Earth; the physical world. Eventually this is where your wish will manifest itself.

Wax: The wax is not only the body of the candle, it also symbolizes the human body. This is where you can personalize the candle by carving shapes or words into it. Later I'll explain in more detail how this section can be energized by your touch.

Wick: Unlit, the wick represents your potential. And when lit, the wick enables your wish to be released into the spirit realm.

Flame: During a candle ritual the flame naturally takes center stage. It symbolizes the Divine Spirit, and it will "talk" to you by sparking or moving in different directions By watching the flame you can tell how a spell is working. If you're working with elementals such as salamanders, this is where you'll find them. It is also associated with entities such as the djinn (genies), since they were created from pure flame.

Halo: The glow or halo surrounding the flame is associated with the human aura. The halo is a good place to focus your attention during a scrying session.

Smoke: And finally there is smoke. Smoke serves as the messenger during candle magic. It carries your desire to the heavens. Depending on the direction it drifts toward, it can also give you a clue how the wish will come to you.

The type of candle you use during a candle ritual is up to you. Candles made into human and animal shapes are sold at many occult shops, but can be expensive. Using simple taper, column, or votive candles is fine. So are scented candles which may help you achieve your magical goal.

Selecting a Candle Color

The color of the candle you use can make a difference. When in doubt, use white; I frequently do. Here is a list of colors and their magical associations.

Black: This is a color of mystery, not evil. Black can help get rid of negativity, or absorb unwanted energy and release it harmlessly.

Blue: The darker shades are good for growth and energy spells. The lighter shades bring peace and calm, and also soothe anger. Use blue to repel the evil eye.

Brown: Use brown to connect with Earth energy, trees, and gardens. It will also draw basic needs to you and promote stability.

Gold: This will attract energy, health, and power. Burning a gold candle will draw money to you which is owed to you.

Gray: Gray neutralizes negativity and removes it by making it inactive. It dispenses it harmlessly without karmic backlash. It's also good to use when you need to keep something secret.

Green: A healing color, green will aid in gardening, communicating with the fairy realm, and growth. But it will attract money to you only in small amounts.

Orange: A balance of red and yellow, an orange candle will draw money, energy, and vigorous health.

Pink: Not fiery like red, use pink for love and friendship. This is also a good color to calm emotions.

Purple: The royal color, purple will bring wealth, power, and honor. This is also a good color to repel slander.

Red: Associated with Mars, red attracts lust and courage, and aids in protection. Use lighter reds only, darker shades can draw brute force.

White: The color of protection represents the Divine Spirit in its purest form. A safe bet if you're unsure of which color to use.

Yellow: Use yellow to relieve depression and to attract positive energy. It helps you retain knowledge and aids in communication.

Preparing a Candle for Ritual

To ensure that each spell is successful, I urge you to take a few moments to prepare or "charge" your candle before a ritual. Here are a few tips.

You may begin by personalizing a candle by carving names, words, or symbols into the wax. These could be, but aren't limited to, runes, zodiac signs, a name, or a word such as "love."

As mentioned earlier, a candle is energized by your touch. This is sometimes called "dressing" the candle. To do this, hold your candle with both hands. With your right hand, rub the candle from the center toward the wick. Release. Repeat with your left hand, moving from the center to the bottom of the candle, and release. Feel the energy building within the candle. Fragrant oils appropriate to your magical goal may also be used to dress the candle, or simply use olive oil. Rubbing the candle with herbs can give similar results.

Your candle is ready to use.

A Basic Candle Ritual

This ritual may be used for any wish; these are the basic steps for most candle magic spells.

Select a candle in the color you feel best represents your desire. Energize the candle by dressing it as described earlier. Concentrate and visualize your wish being answered. Using oils or herbs are optional. If you wish, you may personalize the candle now by carving words or symbols into the wax. Place the candle into a secure holder.

You may perform some sympathetic magic by placing photographs, keys, or any other personal items around the holder. Be sure they're protected from the flame and melting wax.

Now, ground and center. Light the candle. Your magic has begun. Watch the flame closely. If it burns steady your wish is coming soon. A sparking, crackling type of flame points to obstacles or arguments. If the flame returns to a steady burn, your desire will eventually come to fruition. A flame that gutters out means you're facing many obstacles, and you should try your spell another day.

If the smoke wafts over you, your request is being heard by the Divine.

To end a session, snuff out the flame, never blow it out. (Lady N's Note: I disagree with this. Our breath is a powerful thing, and I think it is most appropriate to use). And never leave a candle burning unattended. Don't reuse a candle, unless you're going to work on the same spell over several days.

Above all, look and listen to the flame and smoke. Eventually, you'll begin to understand their language as you master this ancient form of fire magic.
by James Kambos

The light of a hundred stars cannot equal the light of the Moon.

Love Each Day,
Lady Nightshayde

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/13Witches/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WhisperingWitches/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MagickalMeals/
http://groups.yahoo/group/NightshaydesNews

9b.

Re: Candle Magic

Posted by: "Lady ckrystal Hawk" ladyckrystalhawk@yahoo.com   ladyckrystalhawk

Sat Oct 8, 2011 11:20 pm (PDT)



Merry Meet Lady Nightshayde,
This was very well written.
Blessed Be
Lady Ckrystal Hawk.

Someday
We will look back
Be humble like a Hawk
Stretch your Golden Wings
Fly high
To the Sky Above

________________________________
From: Lady Nightshayde <LadyNightshayde9@aol.com>
To: 13Witches@yahoogroups.com; whisperingwitches@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, October 8, 2011 8:48 AM
Subject: [13Witches] Candle Magic

 

                                Candle Magic

Somewhere tonight in a tiny apartment a young lady lights the candles on a dinner table, completing the scene for a romantic dinner for two.  And, at a kitchen table across town, a family gathers to watch a young boy as he makes a wish before blowing out the candles on his birthday cake.

Many people may not realize it, but what is actually taking place in these two scenes are examples of one of the world's most ancient forms of magic--candle magic.

Candle magic has been a part of folk magic, Witchcraft and other religious ceremonies for centuries.  A candle's flame has always been believed to attract benevolent spirits and to repel evil.  Thus, candle magic in various forms has become woven into many religions and cultural rituals.  Lighting candles in church or during Hanukkah are based on candle magic.  The candles on a birthday cake are a hidden form of candle magic.  It was believed that lighting candles on a birthday cake was a way to thank the Gods for prosperity and another year of life.

It is unknown when candle magic began, but we do know that candles have been a source of illumination in Crete and Egypt since around 3000 BCE.

                           Why and How Candle Magic Works

We've all experienced why candle magic works--candlelight is magical.  You can easily transform an ordinary room into a place of mystery and beauty simply by lighting a candle.  Soft candlelight not only transforms a room into an enchanting space, it also transforms you, the magician.  Candlelight raises our psychic awareness and prepares us for the magic about to begin.  It helps us forget about the mundane and allows us to focus on our magical goal.

The reason candle magic works is because of energy.  When a candle is lit, it releases energy.  And since you'll be the person who'll empower the candle, it will be your energy being released into the Unseen Realm.

                                            Getting Started

Candle magic can be performed by just lighting a candle and saying a prayer.  To receive more consistent results safely and easily, however, here are some basic guidelines.

First, candle magic is used to bring a positive change into your life.  In many magical rituals a candle is only a prop, used to enhance the magical process.  But, in candle magic the candle is the magical tool, used to channel your power.

It also helps if you know the different parts associated with the candle and what their magical symbolism is.  Most magicians agree the parts of a candle mirror the human body and spirit.  I've found that a candle and the sections associated with it can be divided into six parts.  I've listed them here, starting from the bottom to the top.

Holder:  The holder or base represents Earth; the physical world.  Eventually this is where your wish will manifest itself.

Wax:  The wax is not only the body of the candle, it also symbolizes the human body.  This is where you can personalize the candle by carving shapes or words into it.  Later I'll explain in more detail how this section can be energized by your touch.

Wick:  Unlit, the wick represents your potential.  And when lit, the wick enables your wish to be released into the spirit realm.

Flame:  During a candle ritual the flame naturally takes center stage.  It symbolizes the Divine Spirit, and it will "talk" to you by sparking or moving in different directions  By watching the flame you can tell how a spell is working.  If you're working with elementals such as salamanders, this is where you'll find them.  It is also associated with entities such as the djinn (genies), since they were created from pure flame.

Halo: The glow or halo surrounding the flame is associated with the human aura.  The halo is a good place to focus your attention during a scrying session.

Smoke:  And finally there is smoke.  Smoke serves as the messenger during candle magic.  It carries your desire to the heavens.  Depending on the direction it drifts toward, it can also give you a clue how the wish will come to you.
 
The type of candle you use during a candle ritual is up to you.  Candles made into human and animal shapes are sold at many occult shops, but can be expensive.  Using simple taper, column, or votive candles is fine.  So are scented candles which may help you achieve your magical goal.

                               Selecting a Candle Color

The color of the candle you use can make a difference.  When in doubt, use white; I frequently do.  Here is a list of colors and their magical associations.

Black:  This is a color of mystery, not evil.  Black can help get rid of negativity, or absorb unwanted energy and release it harmlessly.
 
Blue:  The darker shades are good for growth and energy spells.  The lighter shades bring peace and calm, and also soothe anger.  Use blue to repel the evil eye.
 
Brown:  Use brown to connect with Earth energy, trees, and gardens.  It will also draw basic needs to you and promote stability.
 
Gold:  This will attract energy, health, and power.  Burning a gold candle will draw money to you which is owed to you.
 
Gray:  Gray neutralizes negativity and removes it by making it inactive.  It dispenses it harmlessly without karmic backlash.  It's also good to use when you need to keep something secret.
 
Green:  A healing color, green will aid in gardening, communicating with the fairy realm, and growth.  But it will attract money to you only in small amounts.
 
Orange:  A balance of red and yellow, an orange candle will draw money, energy, and vigorous health.
 
Pink:  Not fiery like red, use pink for love and friendship.  This is also a good color to calm emotions.
 
Purple:  The royal color, purple will bring wealth, power, and honor.  This is also a good color to repel slander.
 
Red:  Associated with Mars, red attracts lust and courage, and aids in protection.  Use lighter reds only, darker shades can draw brute force.
 
White:  The color of protection represents the Divine Spirit in its purest form.  A safe bet if you're unsure of which color to use.
 
Yellow:  Use yellow to relieve depression and to attract positive energy.  It helps you retain knowledge and aids in communication.
 
                           Preparing a Candle for Ritual
 
To ensure that each spell is successful, I urge you to take a few moments to prepare or "charge" your candle before a ritual.  Here are a few tips.
 
You may begin by personalizing a candle by carving names, words, or symbols into the wax.  These could be, but aren't limited to, runes, zodiac signs, a name, or a word such as "love."
 
As mentioned earlier, a candle is energized by your touch.  This is sometimes called "dressing" the candle.  To do this, hold your candle with both hands.  With your right hand, rub the candle from the center toward the wick.  Release.  Repeat with your left hand, moving from the center to the bottom of the candle, and release.  Feel the energy building within the candle.  Fragrant oils appropriate to your magical goal may also be used to dress the candle, or simply use olive oil.  Rubbing the candle with herbs can give similar results.
 
Your candle is ready to use.
 
 
                              A Basic Candle Ritual
 
This ritual may be used for any wish; these are the basic steps for most candle magic spells.
 
Select a candle in the color you feel best represents your desire.  Energize the candle by dressing it as described earlier.  Concentrate and visualize your wish being answered.  Using oils or herbs are optional.  If you wish, you may personalize the candle now by carving words or symbols into the wax.  Place the candle into a secure holder.

You may perform some sympathetic magic by placing photographs, keys, or any other personal items around the holder.  Be sure they're protected from the flame and melting wax.

Now, ground and center.  Light the candle.  Your magic has begun.  Watch the flame closely.  If it burns steady your wish is coming soon.  A sparking, crackling type of flame points to obstacles or arguments.  If the flame returns to a steady burn, your desire will eventually come to fruition.  A flame that gutters out means you're facing many obstacles, and you should try your spell another day.

If the smoke wafts over you, your request is being heard by the Divine.

To end a session, snuff out the flame, never blow it out.  (Lady N's Note:  I disagree with this.  Our breath is a powerful thing, and I think it is most appropriate to use).  And never leave a candle burning unattended.  Don't reuse a candle, unless you're going to work on the same spell over several days.

Above all, look and listen to the flame and smoke.  Eventually, you'll begin to understand their language as you master this ancient form of fire magic.
by James Kambos
 
 
 
The light of a hundred stars cannot equal the light of the Moon.

Love Each Day,
Lady Nightshayde

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/13Witches/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WhisperingWitches/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MagickalMeals/ 
http://groups.yahoo/group/NightshaydesNews  

10.

**Topic Tag**, 10/9/2011, 12:00 am

Posted by: "13Witches@yahoogroups.com" 13Witches@yahoogroups.com

Sat Oct 8, 2011 7:55 pm (PDT)



Reminder from: 13Witches Yahoo! Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/13Witches/cal

**Topic Tag**
Sunday October 9, 2011
All Day
(This event repeats every week.)

Notes:
It's Topic Tag again. Whoever posed the last question for Topic Tag needs to tag someone else today.

All Rights Reserved
Copyright © 2011
Yahoo! Inc.
http://www.yahoo.com

Privacy Policy:
http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy/us

Terms of Service:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
11a.

I'm Back

Posted by: "Lady Ckrystal Hawk" ladyckrystalhawk@yahoo.com   ladyckrystalhawk

Sat Oct 8, 2011 11:31 pm (PDT)



Merry Meet,
I had some computer problems and was offline for over a week. Once I came back online, I checked my emails and had so many, I deleted all of them. Sorry, it was just too much.
Hope Everyone is doing okay? I will be lighting a candle for positive energies to the group.
Blessed Be
Lady Ckrystal Hawk

12a.

Re: Fire Scrying/Lady Nightshayde

Posted by: "Leeda" lkangelz@aol.com   angel_75457

Sun Oct 9, 2011 2:44 am (PDT)



Even though water is supposed to be my element fire fascinates me more. I
love the feel of a warm fire during winter even outside. I can sit for hours
And watch the flames doing all the dances it makes. It calms me to a point
of nearly coma. And I would love to learn how to scry with fire
Leeda

-------Original Message-------

From: Lady Nightshayde
Date: 10/3/2011 5:24:12 PM
To: 13Witches@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [13Witches] Fire Scrying/Lady Nightshayde


Thank you, Lady Nightshayde, for offering this information about fire
scrying. This is an area of divination that I haven't tried yet. Talking
about fire scrying brings up a question about fire magick. Have you or
anyone else here tried it, and if so, would you be willing to share the
information? I know that fire is one of our elements, that it holds great
amounts of energy which can be used with or without any tools. Thanks ahead
of time for any help on this subject.

Misti

Hi Misti. Fire is an interesting element to work with. I really like
using bonfires and campfires for magickal workings, and have done it many
times at Sabbats or other gatherings.


Bonfire or campfire magick usually involves burning something such as an
herb or flower, or a piece of paper or petition on which you have written
your desire. It is used for banishing, ridding or destroying negative
influences in your life. I also use the fireplace for fireplace scrying.

Another is Candle Magick, a simple, easy and useful method in bringing about
your desires. A color for the candle is chosen and can also include the
correct scent in relation to your desire and lit sometimes for up to seven
days. This type of Fire Magick is usually for any type of desire.

Another is Sun Magick. Using the Sun in our desires is a beautiful way in
which to enhance new beginnings in love, health, work and home, awaken
subtle powers and aid in attraction desires.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

***Taken from "Earth Power" by Scott Cunningham

Fire has always sparked religious awe. Its ever-shifting form, varieties of
colors, heat and light, plaus the actual physical changes it produces are
the stuff magick is made of.
Before the knowledge of fire-making, it must have been a dark world indeed.
With the use of friction and flints, humanity captured this divine essence
and it changed the world forever.
While so-called 'fire-worship' is generally nothing more than a jpolite
euphemism for the mystical reverence of sex, there have been several
religions that worshipped fire as a symbol of divinity.
Who hasn't heard of the eternal flames which the vestal virgins fo Rome
tended on their altars? Even today Jewish synagogues keep an eternal flame,
and some tombs, like John F. Kennedy's, are similarly equipped.
Though the religious significance of fire has been forgotten by most of us
today, it is still in evidence upon the altars of many of the worlds leading
religions. What Catholic altar would be complete without flaming candles? A
candle's shining flame - or a roaring bonfire on a lonely mountain peak -
are both objects of power which can be utilized in magick.
The fact that fire is a powerful element caused the ancients to worship it.
The placement of burning candles on the altar during Mass isn't accidental -
those candles release their own energies to the proceedings, as does the
smoking frankincense in the brightly shining censers and the prayers of the
devout.
Candle magick is once again becoming enormously popular, perhaps because it
is simple and effective. Though this may be only form of fire magick readily
available, it is far from the only one known today.
Fire magick can be performed wherever a fire can be safely lit. An indoor or
outdoor fireplace, a barbecue, a cleared section of ground, or a specially
dug pit lined with bricks or rocks - anything will work, as long as the fire
can be safely lit in an area in which you have privacy to perform your
magick.
For some spells you will need no more than a few pieces of kindling. For
others whole blazes or series of fires will be required. Any sort of fuel is
fine, as long at it is clean, dry, and not to sappy.
Owing to its firery nature, this sort of magick is best performed in the
desert, but anywhere will suffice.

The Pot of Flame
A Fire Protection Spell
Fire Divination

The light of a hundred stars cannot equal the light of the Moon.

Love Each Day,
Lady Nightshayde

.


Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Search

Find it faster

with Yahoo!

shortcuts.

Yahoo! Groups

Latest product news

Join Mod. Central

stay connected.

Yahoo! Groups

Parenting Zone

Family and home

Tips for mom

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web
Material submitted to this list is for your own personal use and is not to be forwarded without the express permission of the poster. 

Community email addresses:
  Post message: 13Witches@yahoogroups.com
  Subscribe:    13Witches-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
  Unsubscribe:  13Witches-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
  List owner:   13Witches-owner@yahoogroups.com

In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, any copyrighted work in this message is distributed under fair use without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for non-profit research and educational or criticism purposes only, and is NOT an infringement of copyright.
http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.html
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu