joi, 21 octombrie 2010

[Witch_Essentials] Digest Number 2713

Messages In This Digest (7 Messages)

1a.
Re: please help my son come back home From: Blackbird
1b.
Re: please help my son come back home From: gaia_d
1c.
Re: please help my son come back home From: angel M
1d.
Re: please help my son come back home From: roberta.dinnie@three.com.au
2a.
Re: Blue Moon. From: Celeste luna
2b.
Re: Blue Moon. From: Antigone
3.
cdw3.8 Tarot Essentials. From: blackbird

Messages

1a.

Re: please help my son come back home

Posted by: "Blackbird" blackbird_61@yahoo.com   blackbird_61

Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:16 am (PDT)




I'm mostly in agreement with Tori here,
Generally I find when good people want to do an "Unethical thing" they
have not thought it completely through, ...

I expect you must have spoken with the boy's father, he must have some
reason for allowing the boy to stay, one would assume you have custody
and this could make trouble for him violating that arrangement, no? But
assuming the boy is not in immediate danger, and you still think he is
still running into trouble eyes wide shut ...

I would focus on a bit of energy aimed at opening his eyes, bring him to
a "Hey what the hell am I doing moment." that might be a bit rough on
him, but most lessons worth learning are...

There might be lesson for you hidden in this as well, he is a teen, and
in a few short years it will be time for him to spread his wings and
begin a life of his own, time to start preparing for that reality too.

Blessings, BB.

--- In Witch_Essentials@yahoogroups.com, Tori Palmer <toripalmer33@...>
wrote:

Re: [Witch_Essentials] Re: please help my son come back home
I have to chime in here. Yes it is against the Wiccan Rede to go against
someones free will, I understand that, but at the same time if someones
life could be in danger there are ways to reword the energy or blessings
you are sending out. And if this child is a "teen" that does not mean
they are even thinking straight or are mature enough to know what they
are doing. Sometimes it can be in the best interest of the child. I
don't know the whole situation but at the same time a parent protecting
a child falls into a different category. You can always send out energy
to guide the child to safe environment, let the child know that they are
welcome to come home, or even help them have clarity and understanding.
There are many different ways to go about it. I'm sorry but all I saw
was a response to some parents request for help for their child and a
repsonder chastizing anyone who would get invovled. The response could
have been worded a lot more gentle than it was. I know if one of my
children was missing I would do anything to get them home safe. And I
know the goddess would understand!
Without love, we feel nothing. Without dreams, we accomplish nothing.
Without the Goddess, we ARE nothing.

Our Own little world:
http://blesseddragonsacademy.blogspot.com/
1b.

Re: please help my son come back home

Posted by: "gaia_d" Gaia_D@yahoo.com   gaia_d

Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:56 am (PDT)





--- In Witch_Essentials@yahoogroups.com, Tori Palmer <toripalmer33@...> wrote:
>
> I have to chime in here. Yes it is against the Wiccan Rede to go against
> someones free will, I understand that, but at the same time if someones life
> could be in danger there are ways to reword the energy or blessings you are
> sending out. And if this child is a "teen" that does not mean they are even
> thinking straight or are mature enough to know what they are doing. Sometimes it
> can be in the best interest of the child. I don't know the whole situation but
> at the same time a parent protecting a child falls into a different category.
> You can always send out energy to guide the child to safe environment, let the
> child know that they are welcome to come home, or even help them have clarity
> and understanding. There are many different ways to go about it.
>
> I'm sorry but all I saw was a response to some parents request for help
> for their child and a repsonder chastizing anyone who would get invovled. The
> response could have been worded a lot more gentle than it was.

GAIA:

Hello and Merry Meet, Tori --

I guess i would encourage you to re-read the *entire* reply, because i'm afraid you missed some very important qualifying phrases and explanations -- including the fact that i said that "violating the Rede "doesn't necessarily mean it's absolutely wrong or shouldn't be done," --

Pleas also note that since the age of the "child" was not given, i could not simply assume they were teen-aged.

I also happen to have a adult child who has been diagnosed schizophrenic and refuses to take their meds, so Believe me, i'm very well aware of the heartbreak of parenthood and a "wayward" child. Nevertheless, that does not change the fact that if i attempted to violate that child's free will, that would be something for which *i* would have "prices to pay" -- and that is exactly what i said in my reply -- hardly a "chastizement".

> TORI:
I know if one of
> my children was missing I would do anything to get them home safe. And I know the goddess would understand!

GAIA:

I think *many* actions, but certainly not "anything" would be "understood" and *perhaps* forgiven --

I also think we all at times might think that our particular difficult, painful situation (whatever it may be) is unique and extreme, and therefore deserves "unique" consideration from the Gods -- and that is a (perhaps understandable) error that is often recognized/ understood as error, only in hindsight -- or when the God/dess(es) decide to "educate" us.

As a High PRiestess, i feel it's my responsibility to warn of such issues, not just to make someone feel good about what *may* be a very questionable act.

Sincerely -

~Gaia

>
>  Without love, we feel nothing. Without dreams, we accomplish nothing. Without the Goddess, we ARE nothing.
>
>
>
> Our Own little world:
> http://blesseddragonsacademy.blogspot.com/
>
>
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: gaia_d <Gaia_D@...>
> To: Witch_Essentials@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Tue, October 19, 2010 2:13:00 PM
> Subject: [Witch_Essentials] Re: please help my son come back home
>
>  
>
>
> --- In Witch_Essentials@yahoogroups.com, "angel M" <bellesangel99@> wrote:
> >
> > my son ran away from his father its been 4 weeks i know he is a teen, but he
> >needs to come home now, and he shouldn't have ever lived with his father... im
> >asking if anyone can please send blessings, and protection to guide him to come
> >home now... i will be doing a blessing every night, and i hope you can help me
> >as well .more minds together, can do anything i miss my son, and this is his
> >picture .. i know he is scared inside, and he need to come back, and face his
> >consequences. but he needs to stop, and come home. im starting to stress so bad
> >it hurts.... i know this is sudden, but please i know we can do it
> >
> > so mote it be
> > blessings
>
> GAIA:
>
> HI and Merry Meet, Angel --
>
> I can certainly understand your concern for your son, beleive me --
> But asking others to do magick to "make him come home" is skirting a violation
> of the Wiccan Rede --
>
> Any effort to coerce or convince anyone to do something against their will -- or
> change their will -- is a violation of the Wiccan Rede.
>
> Now, that doesn't necessarily mean it's absolutely wrong or shouldn't be done,
> but it does mean that you -- and anyone else who participates in such an effort
> -- should think long and hard about what prices they are willing to pay, for
> such an attack on someone's free Will -- becuause i promise you, there *will* be
> prices to pay.
>
> Sometimes, we Moms just have to take a deep breath and allow our children to
> learn their own lessons -- even if that means that they'll fall down and hurt
> themselves -- and then we need to be around to help pick them up (and resolve
> the inevitable consequences) when they do fall.
>
> Good luck and Blessings --
> ~Gaia
>
> > miss angel
> >
>

1c.

Re: please help my son come back home

Posted by: "angel M" bellesangel99@yahoo.com   bellesangel99

Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:10 pm (PDT)





Thank you. i know i cant go against his free will, but what if its been blocked, and he doesn't understand to make his own decsions. As for his father, only reason he went there was cause he wanted too. I wanted to get him help for his issues, and everyone else thought he had none then when he ran he left a note saying (im sorry im a loser) my son is alone or hanging out with friends but anything can happen to him. I would hope the goddess understands just as Isis fought for whom she loved, I too will stop at nothing to put out good blessings, and i ask you, if you can say a blessing as well. Im not asking for anyone to go against anything, im asking as one mother, to another. my first child, i gave birth in a laboratory at the hospital alone at 19 . and i fought to keep him alive even though i had placenta previa, and i was bleeding to death and this baby boy is my youngest i will not ever give up in sending energy his way to guide him back to reality he needs a wakeup call he isnt even 16 yet and he feels he can rule his own life he overdosed before and i almost lost him..thank you for listening..
blessed be

1d.

Re: please help my son come back home

Posted by: "roberta.dinnie@three.com.au" roberta.dinnie@three.com.au   fowlsfeet

Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:15 pm (PDT)



Blessings Angel,
Know that my thoughts and prayers are with you.
May the Goddess guide your son home safely.
ILAL
Ruis*

---- Original Message ----
From: angel M <bellesangel99@yahoo.com>
To: Witch_Essentials@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thu, Oct 21, 2010, 5:10 AM
Subject: [Witch_Essentials] Re: please help my son come back home



Thank you. i know i cant go against his free will, but what if
its been blocked, and he doesn't understand to make his own
decsions. As for his father, only reason he went there was cause
he wanted too. I wanted to get him help for his issues, and
everyone else thought he had none then when he ran he left a note
saying (im sorry im a loser) my son is alone or hanging out with
friends but anything can happen to him. I would hope the goddess
understands just as Isis fought for whom she loved, I too will
stop at nothing to put out good blessings, and i ask you, if you
can say a blessing as well. Im not asking for anyone to go
against anything, im asking as one mother, to another. my first
child, i gave birth in a laboratory at the hospital alone at 19 .
and i fought to keep him alive even though i had placenta previa,
and i was bleeding to death and this baby boy is my youngest i
will not ever give up in sending energy his way to guide him back
to reality he needs a wakeup call he isnt blessed be


2a.

Re: Blue Moon.

Posted by: "Celeste luna" apaganway@hotmail.com   cheri13luv

Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:11 pm (PDT)



Thanks for letting us know, I too need to do something special for this
occasion. I have been fighting with a small foot ulcer

As well as out of work because of it. Good news is I've been offered a new
job but the scary part is I will be back on me feet a lot.

I don't feel I can turn this down as the money is too good and bills are
falling behind. My family has been wonderful and helping but I can't stand
not working or not being responsible for myself. So I feel I need to take
this position and get back to work. I hope my foot continues to heel though.

WitchyWoman Cheri

From: Witch_Essentials@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:Witch_Essentials@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of blackbird
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 6:18 PM
To: GTS Group
Subject: [Witch_Essentials] Blue Moon.

Hi All,

I thought that this should not go unnoticed here, but we have a true Blue
Moon this month, in that the Moon will be full for the 2nd time, in the same
sign, truely, Friday 22nd @9:37 PM (Eastern) the Moon reaches 0' Opposition
to the Sun at 29' Aries, an hour later, more or less at 10:30 PM Eastern the
Moon will Enter Taurus. Given the Health issues that have dogged me for the
last year it is my intention to do some little thing by way of a Ritual at
10:30 myself, but I thought I might post something, as some of you all might
wish to do something as well.

I'll be using some variation on my usual invokation.

Lady Venus, Regina of Taurus, ...
Which I hope will be particularly auspicious as the Lady will be in Taurus.

Oh well, nuff said by me for now, but I look forward to your thoughts, esp
Gaia's BB.

I am the Cup which holds Eternity.

All other Cups

Have their Source in Me.

The Goddess Innana.

2b.

Re: Blue Moon.

Posted by: "Antigone" antigone213@gmail.com   antigone213

Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:40 am (PDT)



Blackbird wrote:

I thought that this should not go unnoticed here, but we have a true Blue
Moon this month, in that the Moon will be full for the 2nd time, in the same
sign, truely, Friday 22nd @9:37 PM (Eastern) the Moon reaches 0' Opposition
to the Sun at 29' Aries, an hour later, more or less at 10:30 PM Eastern the
Moon will Enter Taurus.

~~I'm confused. I thought a blue moon was the second full in a calendar
month, and October does not have two full moons. Are you saying that a blue
moon is really when it's full in the same sign twice consecutively? (and
does that make them more or less frequent than twice in a calendar month
blue moons?)

Not challenging just asking because I'm pretty astro-impaired. ;-)

Antigone

3.

cdw3.8 Tarot Essentials.

Posted by: "blackbird" blackbird_61@yahoo.com   blackbird_61

Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:13 pm (PDT)



Hi All,
My Post the other day got me thinking ... What would my 4 or 5 Essential Tarot Decks be, now I'm not talking here about my 'Desert Island Decks' the Deck or Decks I would want for personal use, but more which decks are most important to the art, which decks would you or I think every reader should know with some level of intimacy.
 
1. Universal Waite:
While sometimes criticized for not being a line for line exact reproduction of the Rider Waite deck, and there-by missing some of Waite's Hermetic Symbolism. The deck is more than close enough for 99/100 users, and Mary Hanson-Roberts has done a wonderful job of taking the bug ugly color scheme of the original and infusing it with some life.
I honestly don't like the RWS, with a few exceptions like the High Priestess, I think overall it is a poorly drawn Deck, but it is the cornerstone of the Modern Tarot Renaissance, as I see it, far more decks can be called Waite Child Decks than can be thought of as Thoth or Marseilles Child Decks combined. Personally, I think all readers should become familiar enough with the Waite that they can, without thinking, see where there own decks follow or divert from the Waite path.
 
2. Robin Wood Tarot:
A Wiccan Reply to the Waite, Robin has done a wonderful job of demonstrating how one can be true to the intention of the Waite card for card, infuse a deck with deep and subtle symbolism, and yet come up with stunningly original artwork. As I pointed out the other day, one of the things I really like about the Robin Wood, is that it has the best balanced court of any Tarot Deck I am Aware of speaking not only to Gender Balance, but also balanced in terms of the Stages of life. We have children Represented by the Pages, Teens and Twenties by the Knights, 30's and 40's by the King and Queen, and IMHO Older persona represented by the Emperor and Empress, now I know from my reading of Robin's book she might well disagree with me here; the Empress is intended to be pregnant after all; but I've never seen her as such for the art. the emperor with his nearly white bear looks like an older Patriarch to me, and perhaps I'm judging his bride by my vision of him,
but I see his consort as a woman his age herself.
 
The other thing I like, and very much respect, about the Robin Wood, is though it looks like something that the Artist just sat down and Drew, there is a freshness and spontaneity to the drawings themselves, each is in point of fact well planned and well executed, and is laden with thoughtful symbolism, that is there, that might well speak to you, but does not Hammer on your head … Hey I'm a symbol. So say the King of Swords has great Billowing Clouds behind him, Blocking ones Vision, because he is all about Restriction, and IMHO Astrologically tied to Saturn, while his wife, and the page have much less threatening clouds, that invoke the sky, but still allow for a sense of vision. Notice the sun rays emanating from the clouds behind the Queen in the direction she is looking. IMHO this is the First Deck any pagan should own, For Christ-Witches I would invite them to consider this deck, but they might find they resonate better with the Connelly Tarot
instead.
 
3.The Camoin Tarot of Marseilles, now this deck will represent a bit of an investment, but it is well worth it; the Camion is a Painstaking reproduction of the Original Tarot of Marseilles, and as such it is immensely valuable to us; I expect the Deck alone will be of rather limited use to most readers today; Which is why you also want to get The Path by Whitley Strieber; in the Path Whitley demonstrates that a Cross formed by a particular arrangement of the Trumps of the Tarot of Marseilles. This Path describes the Journey of the Soul either to Ascension, or Rebirth. Although sharing some elements with the Fools Journey this Path is much deeper, and much more uncertain path, and there-fore much more like our own real lives.
 
The Path does something else too; When you read it, when you see the deep subtlety of the symbolism presented, you will realize this can be no accident, that someone chose to encode a deep Esoteric vision in the Trumps of the Tarot of Marseilles. They are in fact a book, and that book is both Gnostic, and Heretical (in their time.) A book, a Textual book, that spelled out in words what the deck spells out symbolically would have gotten the owner hanged, or burned in their time; but hidden in the cards, and in a particular arrangement of those cards, this vision could hide in plain sight. We do not know just when this vision was encoded in the Trumps, but when you read The Path, you will see that it most certainly is there.
 
Tarot Scholarship today seems to me to be veering towards the conclusion that the Tarot was originally a game likely imported from the Arab World into 15th Century Italy and that the Esoteric Tradition of the Tarot begins with ... Antoine Court de Gébelin (c.1870); I believe "The Path" demonstrates decisively this is patently untrue, that there was much older, Gnostic, Esoteric knowledge encoded into the Tarot of Marseilles, from the Very beginning, certainly before 1760 and the founding of Camion House (100 years before Gébelin.)
 
Does it go back to Egypt? I expect not. Does it go back to the Neo Platonists, Maybe so? but I feel sure an attempt was made, to encode "forbidden Knowledge" that it might survive, and as we have it today that effort has proven successful. I believe the true Occult history of the Tarot has yet to be written, and when it is, the Tarot of Marseilles will prove a vital sign post along the way, to a past richer and deeper than many dare imagine today. Honestly if you have to chose between the two, buy the book, the illustrations are good enough you don't actually need the deck to read the book itself, but you will want it if you chose to Mediate on the Cross described, and the vision offered.
 
4.Thoth Tarot, for me this is primarily an Art Deck; and I do suggest you scan it and spend some time with full screen images, there is a lot of symbolism in the art work that is just not really clear with even the largest cards, one thing I very like about the Thoth is that each of the Minor's has an Astrological Correspondences, say, 9 of Swords is Saturn in Gemini, or 3 of Wands is Sun in Aries; Which invites a further level of interp from anyone with the Astrological background. Some of the Art is Quite amazing Actually, but some say the 7 of Cups by way of example is simply repulsive. The Deck does not diverge from the Waite as much as one would think, I did a card by card comparison a few years back and was surprised by how many cards really match up well, Crowley saw Sevens as really problematic, and it shows in this deck, while Waiters are much Milder. Some of the Trumps are simply Amazing, and I've always had a particular love of the Queen of
Wands simply as a work of Art.
 
Lastly I would like to turn to the Witchy Tarot,
And you might say, ok its kind of Nice but hardly an Essential Deck, and you would be right, up until now we have been very much inside the box, we have had a good long look at the Tarot as it evolved from Marseilles, to Waite, to Crowley, and have pondered Robin's lovely Wiccan reply to the Waite; with the Witchy we jump completely out of the Box,
The Witchy, the Tarot of the Hidden Folk, the Manga Tarot, there are a good few I might have picked, but I like the Witchy best for our purpose here; we find in the Witchy Tarot, a Deck that is perfectly readable actually, a deck that is actually quite well thought out, self consistent, with an appropriate blend of promising cards and challenging ones to reflect peoples real lives, ie, in my view it is a readers deck and not an Art Deck.
 
At the same time, it is a deck that we can seldom look to the Waite for Guidance, instead the Witchy is a deck that insists we must accept her on her own terms, get to know her, spend some time with the art, reading intuitively rather than by rote and keyword. I do not use the word 'Her' here flippantly, the voice of the Witchy is decidedly feminine, and getting to know the witchy is very much like making the Aquantance of a lovely, but Eccentric young woman, who is wise beyond her years and appearnce. My favorite part of this Deck is the Trails, each replaces a King in the Waite, and each represents the deepest Shadow of the Kindly Patriarch in the older deck. A study of just these cards is worth the price of the deck, because you will never look at the Kings (esp Rx) quite the same again.
 
Well that's enough verbiage for one go ... and I'm sure not all of you can agree with the "Wisdom" of my choices, so please do reply, I look forward to your thoughts,
Brightest Blessings, BB.

I am the Cup which holds Eternity.
        All other Cups
  Have their Source in Me.
                   The Goddess Innana.
 

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Need traffic?

Drive customers

With search ads

on Yahoo!

Yahoo! Groups

Dog Zone

Connect w/others

who love dogs.

Yahoo! Groups

Mental Health Zone

Find support for

Mental illnesses

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu