marți, 26 octombrie 2010

[Witch_Essentials] Digest Number 2718

Messages In This Digest (6 Messages)

1a.
Re: Ideas for a simple dedication From: Mary Cooney
2.
Hello, I am new and disoriented :) From: Ana
3a.
Re: A Bit of Fan Fiction. From: inkdreamer
3b.
Re: A Bit of Fan Fiction. From: WitchToy@AOL.com
4a.
Re: Blue Moon. From: Antigone
5.
Shamanism, Apollonian and Dionysian From: Kenaz Filan

Messages

1a.

Re: Ideas for a simple dedication

Posted by: "Mary Cooney" msweetness05@gmail.com   sylvanmimi09

Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:02 am (PDT)



So true, and I am seeking a coven, but I am preparing, thats what I feel led
to do. I just want to do it right,,just how I am.

Thanks, ill check the book out!

Mary

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 10:15 PM, Blackbird <blackbird_61@yahoo.com> wrote:

>
>
> Hi Mary,
>
> Gaia would tell you, and rightly there is no such thing as "Self
> Initiation" because you can't initiate yourself into something ... I cant
> dunk myself and pronounce myself a Baptist, or Catholic, I can't award
> myself a blackbelt.
>
> But ... As a long tim Solitary Pagan, that does not mean we should sit on
> our hands waiting for the universe to produce a teacher, mentor, guru. ...
> We can and should do our homework.
>
> This book Self-Initiation-Solitary-Witch-<http://www.amazon.com/Self-Initiation-Solitary-Witch-Spirituality-Five-Degree/dp/1564147266/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1287972462&sr=1-1>
> is an Excellent resource despite the unfortunate title, I highly suggest you
> take a good look at it and see if it speaks to you. Blessings, BB.
>
> --- In Witch_Essentials@yahoogroups.com, Mary Cooney <msweetness05@...>
> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks so much, I will take your suggestion and just present myself as
> is,
> > but own what I have been given within, which is so powerful in all of us.
> >
> > Thanks again,
> > Mary
> >
> > On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 5:04 PM, Antigone antigone213@... wrote:
> >
> > >
> > >
> > > Mary wrote:
> > >
> > > I have to do simple because I am limited in all ways and I ve been
> reading
> > > about a ritual of this type but I guess I just want it to mark a
> special
> > > night as well as make sure i am correct in what I am doing.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > ~~One suggestion I will make is to alter your perspective a little.
> > > Instead of seeing yourself as "limited in all ways" try seeing how FREE
> and
> > > empowered you are! You are the magick, the energy, the tools and
> rituals
> > > and everything are simply a means of directing that energy. A ritual
> > > doesn't need fancy tools or lots of expensive accessories. And Deities
> > > aren't going to judge you based on how expensive your tools are, or how
> many
> > > of them you have. It is every bit as effective to direct energy with
> your
> > > finger as it is with a wand.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > This path is about you, and what's in your heart. Not the toys/tools on
> > > your altar. Some of my deepest and most profound rituals were those
> where I
> > > used an acorn as a symbol of the God, a small round shell for the
> Goddess,
> > > and a little water from the tap, dirt from my hard, breath and a
> matchstick
> > > for the four elements. Everything was free.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > As I've progressed over the years, many of the tools I started out with
> > > have been set aside either because I've realized I didn't need them, or
> > > because I was able to find or make something else that better suited
> me.
> > > One thing that I have learned is that simplicity is not equal to
> limited.
> > > J
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Your intuition will guide you as to whether or not it's "right." My
> wish
> > > for you is that you are able to see the limitless potential before you.
> > > Congratulations on beginning your journey!
> > >
> > > Antigone
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > ------------------------------
> > >
> > > *From:* Witch_Essentials@yahoogroups.com [mailto:
> > > Witch_Essentials@yahoogroups.com] *On Behalf Of *Mary
> > > *Sent:* Sunday, October 24, 2010 1:44 PM
> > > *To:* Witch_Essentials@yahoogroups.com
> > > *Subject:* [Witch_Essentials] Ideas for a simple dedication
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Hey all,
> > >
> > > I am beginning my journey on Samhein into the Craft in a serious way. I
> am
> > > studying and practicing and getting to know that inner part of me that
> is
> > > drawn to this spiritual path.
> > > I wanted to do a simple self dedication that eve and was wondering if
> > > anyone else would share how they started.
> > >
> > > I am not in a coven yet, I plan on it, and I dont have much in the way
> of
> > > guidance with anyone I know face to face so was wondering how others
> have
> > > done this. Even the smallest thing is important and would love to hear.
> > >
> > > Thanks for your help,
> > > Blessed Be,
> > > Mary
> > >
> > >
> >
>
>
2.

Hello, I am new and disoriented :)

Posted by: "Ana" anagallaway@yahoo.com   anagallaway

Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:06 am (PDT)



My name is Ana. I am new here. I don't know what category I fall into, I think I am psychic,and/or sensitive. I have met 2 friends who are psychic, and help me once in a while to figure this out.
I play games (excersises) with one of them just trying to figure out what I can do. It's fun, but our schedules don't match sometimes.
I would love to learn more, and meet more friends.
I staretd doing psychic readings last year, and each time I am amazed. I don't know how this works, but it does.
I tried to read Tarot, but it exasperates me. It is too slow for me, and too 2-D. I get 3-D faster answers somehow.
I don't know how to use my abilities, and I don't yet know what I can do. So I am exploring.
I am married to a wonderful guy. We have 3.5 cats (one refuses to come inside now, one tiny dog, a rat, a hamster and fish. We both love animals.
My husband is open minded. He also gets premonitions, we don't know how or from where. And he has healed my pain a couple of times with his hand, he was just kidding, but it worked. :)
I work at home as an interpreter

3a.

Re: A Bit of Fan Fiction.

Posted by: "inkdreamer" me@secretinker.com   springfieldwitchling

Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:38 pm (PDT)



Thanks for sharing.

Moderator's note: Re: Your welcome :) Quite glad you liked it. BB.

3b.

Re: A Bit of Fan Fiction.

Posted by: "WitchToy@AOL.com" WitchToy@AOL.com   spellsinger2002

Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:10 am (PDT)



I haven't seen the movie, but I've read a lot of fanfic. This was good.
Thanks for sharing.


In a message dated 10/21/2010 12:50:10 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
blackbird_61@yahoo.com writes:

Just saw the Book of Eli for the First time, Excellent film.

At the Risk of seeming self indulgent, I was inspired to a bit of Fan
Fiction, not that uncommon for me to think about how I might change a
film, or add or delete a scene or two, but normally I dont bother to
write it down, but for what it's worth, I wanted to write this, BB.

_________________________________________

In the ruins of an abandoned farm house, in a desert that used to be
farmland, on a night no different than any other two tired wanderers in
the desert meet, they are older men, each has seen and done too much
killing, so they watchfully share the only shelter around, as their
small fire fades on the stove, one has a great crow tattooed to his face
a wing down one arm, we'll call him bird, he looks up to see the other
guardedly hunched over a book.

Bird: You Reading?

Eli: Yea ...

Bird: You read a lot ...

Eli: Every Day,

Bird: Must be a good Book.

Eli: Yea, It's a Good book.

Bird: Trade yea,

Eli: Books not For Trade'n

Bird: Must be a Real Good Book.

Eli: it is ...

Bird: A real 'Good Book?'

Eli: It's a Good Book.

Bird:
"In the Beginning was the Word,
and the Word was God,
and the Word was With God."
That good?

Eli: That Good.

Bird: Yea that books not for trade'n.

Eli: What about you, You a man of God?

Bird: No, I am a Man of Gods ...
but I respect what you are ...
Your a Man, You've found your Intent,
you honor that intent,
that's all any man can ask.

Eli: and you?

Bird Reaches for his pack: We need a little more light.

Eli Nods, Watches Bird pull out a couple pieces of wood from the faggot
he carries tied under his pack, put them in the stove, then he pulls a
plastic bag outta the pack, in the bag is a pack of cards ...

Bird: You trusted me with somethin' I'll trust you with somethin'
but if it offends, being a man of God an all,
I'll just put it away like it never happened ok.

Eli: Sure,

Bird: Pulls out the deck of cards,
Lays out 3 Rows of 7, each as a picture on it,
at the top in the center he lays out one last card,
The picture is a man, Playing a flute,
He's about to step off a cliff.

Bird: You read every day, I read every day.

Eli Nods: What they say ...

Bird: This morning they said I'ld meet a man of God,
but I didn't believe ...

Eli: So they don't always tell the truth.

Bird: No, they always tell the truth,
but I don't always see the truth, till later,
but the truth is always there.

Eli: They say the Devil can quote Scripture for his own purposes.

Bird: and they were right.

Eli Softly, no anger: They said the cards come from the Devil.

Bird: Cards say, a man's relationship with God is his and his alone.
The Church says the cards come from the Devil, because the church
And the church alone knows the way to God.

Bird makes a gesture, indicating the ruin all around, then says:
Church is Gone, The cards are still here.
You tell me, who was judged, who was found wanting.

Eli: not for me to Judge.

Bird Nods: Look we're both tired, I'm going to sleep for a few hours,
You can sleep or not as you like, after, if you watch over me, I'll
watch over you.

Eli: That's a lot of trust.

Bird: We've both done ... terrible things, wouldn't live to be here
otherwise,
but a man of God's not going to murder a man in his sleep, so I'll trust
you.

Eli: and you ...?

Bird: That's your choice, can't make if for you.

Dawn comes, Bird rises shuffles his cards, lays out Three goes to put
them away, ...

Eli: What the cards say?

Bird: About you?

Eli: yea.

Bird: Didn't Ask.

Bird shuffles the cards, pulls three ... looks at them for a long
moment:
You won't have to kill today.

Eli: then it will be a good day.

They leave starting off in different Directions,
Eli pauses a moment cocks he head, calls out: "Hey Bird."

Bird: Yea,

Eli: You didn't ask to come with me, most folks do.

Bird: and you say no.

Eli: Yes I do ...

Bird: You gotta go West, your intent Lies there, I'm headed another way.
Head NorthWest one day, then turn West, be less trouble for yea.

Eli: The Cards Tell you that?

Bird: No, just came that way, but it's still true.

Eli: Been Good to know yea.

Bird: You too, ...

Two men met in the desert, each served God in his own way,
each followed a different path,
each called God by another name,
each went their separate ways.
Each did as he was intended, and this was good.

4a.

Re: Blue Moon.

Posted by: "Antigone" antigone213@gmail.com   antigone213

Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:09 am (PDT)



Thanks for this Gaia. There is a part of me that feels she is out there
somewhere. My gut is telling me she saw what happened and is scared. She
*adored* Pablo, the cat who was killed. The realistic part of me is saying
it's been over a week.she would have come home by now. I think what freaked
me out was feeling her so strongly in that half-awake state, I felt that was
her spirit coming back.

Time will tell. But I used to have a cat that would come and go, disappear
for several months (and even two years once) then show up like he'd just
been there the day before. So hopefully she's taking a lesson from his book
and found somewhere safe to crash. I hope, I certainly hope.

Tomorrow I'm going to print flyers and stick them in mailboxes a couple
blocks around my house, I'm hoping maybe someone took her in.

Thank you everyone for your warmth and help, this has been a really
difficult week.

Antigone

_____

From: Witch_Essentials@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:Witch_Essentials@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of gaia_d
Sent: Sunday, October 24, 2010 10:28 PM
To: Witch_Essentials@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Witch_Essentials] Re: Blue Moon.

--- In Witch_Essentials@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:Witch_Essentials%40yahoogroups.com> , "Antigone" <antigone213@...>
wrote:
>
> I am now beginning to fear the worst. It's been six days. While I'm still
> holding out hope, that hope gets dimmer with each passing day.
>
>

GAIA:

Two years ago, i was putting a leash on my beloved persian kitty, "Sweetie",
every day, and attaching it to a connection outside, so he could happily
explore the yard...After two years of this without any problems, one day i
went out to bring him in and noticed that the leash had broken -- part of it
was (evidently) still attached to him -- but he was nowhere to be found.

I panicked, but kept faith that if i just went out and hunted for him i'd
find him.

I went out every day for hours, both morning and evening -- NINE DAYS -- and
couldn't find him. I called every vet, every pet center, store, SPCA and
rescue group, etc -- they all said that cats have a natural tendency to
freak, "hide and hunker down", trying not to attract the interest of
predators --

I despaired of ever finding him, and all i could imagine was that he must
have gotten tied up somehow, somewhere, unable to get loose and find his way
home --

On the 9th day, i was taking around pictures of him, and i stopped to talk
to a neighbor and tell him what happened - -when i heard a plaintive, weak
little cry --

I looked under the house and found him, sure enough, tangled up so tight he
could hardly move! Before i realized it, i was sobbing, "I found you! I
found you!" and had him in my arms.

He had lost some weight but in a few days was his old self.

Hang in there -- Keep hunting, make calls, check with vets, pet shops,make
up flyers, etc, --

And keep your ears open!

Good luck! -
~Gaia

5.

Shamanism, Apollonian and Dionysian

Posted by: "Kenaz Filan" kenazfilan@gmail.com   houngancoquilledumer

Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:09 am (PDT)



[from http://kenazfilan.blogspot.com]

Much modern Shamanism celebrates the primitive. By taking on the titles and
ceremonial rites of hunter-gatherers or subsistence farmers, we hope to rid
ourselves of civilization's blinders and break through our conditioning. We
free ourselves of logic through entheogens and free ourselves of inhibition
through revelry. Our approach toward the shamanic experience evokes Friedrich
Nietzsche<http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&tag=kenfil-20&link_code=btl&camp=213689&creative=392969&search-alias=aps&field-keywords=Friedrich%20Nietzsche>'s
description of the Dionysian
influence<http://records.viu.ca/~johnstoi/Nietzsche/tragedy_all.htm>:

*[H]e has forgotten how to walk and talk and is on the verge of flying up
into the air as he dances. The enchantment speaks out in his gestures. Just
as the animals now speak and the earth gives milk and honey, so something
supernatural also echoes out of him: he feels himself a god; he himself now
moves in as lofty and ecstatic a way as he saw the gods move in his dream.
The man is no longer an artist; he has become a work of art: the artistic
power of all of nature, to the highest rhapsodic satisfaction of the
primordial unity, reveals itself here in the transports of intoxication. *

Putting aside issues of
exoticism<http://www.amazon.com/Essay-Exoticism-Aesthetics-Post-Contemporary-Interventions/dp/0822328224?ie=UTF8&tag=kenfil-20&link_code=btl&camp=213689&creative=392969>and
cultural
appropriation<http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&tag=kenfil-20&link_code=btl&camp=213689&creative=392969&search-alias=aps&field-keywords=cultural%20appropriation>,
this is also a misleading view of the role traditional shamans play in their
community. One undertakes the spirit journey not for intoxication but for
clarity. The shaman's world is not a free and unbounded one. On the
contrary, it is one which is constrained on all sides by restrictions and
taboos. His practices are not a "return to nature." Rather, they attempt to
make sense of nature, to intercede with the shadowy and often hostile forces
which threaten him and his community. Far from escaping order and rule,
they help to establish it: they escape their society only so they can work
for it as intercessors and arbitrators between the various realms.

Eliade<http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&tag=kenfil-20&link_code=btl&camp=213689&creative=392969&search-alias=aps&field-keywords=Eliade>was
on to something when he called shamans "technicians" of the sacred.
Today our world is described by the priests of Science. Shamans fill a
similar role in their societies: they provide a framework by which their
fellows can understand the various phenomena which shape their lives. Their
stories preserve ancestral knowledge and help ensure the survival of the
next generation: they serve as boundary-markers between the village and the
wild places, between the tribe and the outlanders, between the living and
the dead. While they may seem charming and primitive to us more civilized
types, we might do well to consider another observation by ol' Friedrich:

*Wherever we encounter the "naive" in art, we have to recognize the highest
effect of Apollonian culture, which always first has to overthrow the
kingdom of the Titans and to kill monsters and, through powerfully deluding
images and joyful illusions, has to emerge victorious over the horrific
depth of what we observe in the world and the most sensitive capacity for
suffering.*

--
kenaz filan
kenazfilan @ gmail.com | 917 267 7469
kenazfilan.blogspot.com | www.kenazfilan.com
author:
the haitian vodou handbook
vodou love magic
drawing down the spirits (w/raven kaldera)
vodou money magic
the power of the poppy (forthcoming)
the new orleans voodoo handbook (forthcoming)
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Need traffic?

Drive customers

With search ads

on Yahoo!

Yahoo! Groups

Mental Health Zone

Schizophrenia groups

Find support

Find helpful tips

for Moderators

on the Yahoo!

Groups team blog.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu