luni, 25 octombrie 2010

[Witch_Essentials] Digest Number 2717

Messages In This Digest (13 Messages)

1.1.
Re: Hello From: bobbydebra@rocketmail.com
2a.
Re: A Bit of Fan Fiction. From: angel M
3a.
Re: Blue Moon. From: angel M
3b.
Re: Blue Moon. From: Antigone
3c.
Re: Blue Moon. From: Blackbird
3d.
Re: Blue Moon. From: gaia_d
4a.
Ideas for a simple dedication From: Mary
4b.
Re: Ideas for a simple dedication From: Antigone
4c.
Re: Ideas for a simple dedication From: gaia_d
4d.
Re: Ideas for a simple dedication From: Mary Cooney
4e.
Re: Ideas for a simple dedication From: Mary Cooney
4f.
Re: Ideas for a simple dedication From: Blackbird
4g.
Re: Ideas for a simple dedication From: gaia_d

Messages

1.1.

Re: Hello

Posted by: "bobbydebra@rocketmail.com" bobbydebra@rocketmail.com   bobbydebra@rocketmail.com

Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:42 am (PDT)



Thank you sounds good my name is Debra but that's ok Bobby is my husbands name

--- In Witch_Essentials@yahoogroups.com, "Blackbird" <blackbird_61@...> wrote:
>
>
> Hi Bobbi,
>
> I'm not sure ... I certainly don't believe a person can or should tell
> another what their spiritual path should be, but at the same time as a
> reader I find your question intriguing, while one should not tell you
> what path you should be on a properly structured reading might provide
> some direction, some clarity, ...
>
> So if you are interested in allowing me to do the pull, please reply off
> list, and we will make some arrangement, I work through this weekend,
> but should be able to make your pull Wed, so we have a couple days to
> work out just how we want to phrase your question, before putting it to
> my guide. Blessings, BB.
>
>
> --- In Witch_Essentials@yahoogroups.com, "bobbydebra@"
> <bobbydebra@> wrote:
> >
> I am new and my name is Debra and I was wondering if someone would feel
> drawn to my post and give me a reading. I am very confused about my
> spirituality!!!!!
>

2a.

Re: A Bit of Fan Fiction.

Posted by: "angel M" bellesangel99@yahoo.com   bellesangel99

Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:43 am (PDT)



wow that was a great powerful scene and thats how i feel i dont judge anyone else for their beliefs so then i should and i am free to seek whatever helps me along the way witin perfect love and perfect trust.

3a.

Re: Blue Moon.

Posted by: "angel M" bellesangel99@yahoo.com   bellesangel99

Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:43 am (PDT)



Put faith into the universe, and if there's a chance your cats out there he will come home, or soon you will receive a message ,look for it and be alert it could come from somewhere least expect... Put your intention out there, and anything can happen... raising the white light to shield you against pain and suffering for this night.

3b.

Re: Blue Moon.

Posted by: "Antigone" antigone213@gmail.com   antigone213

Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:16 pm (PDT)



I am now beginning to fear the worst. It's been six days. While I'm still
holding out hope, that hope gets dimmer with each passing day.

Yesterday I woke up early, and in that half-asleep-still-sort-of-dreaming
state I felt her curled up against my arm and shoulder with her little face
pressed into my cheek. As I woke more fully I realized she wasn't
physically there. Part of me feels that may have been her little spirit
coming back to me.

But my candle is still burning, and each night I spend some time outside
"sending" for her before I go to bed.

Antigone

_____

From: Witch_Essentials@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:Witch_Essentials@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of angel M
Sent: Sunday, October 24, 2010 1:21 PM
To: Witch_Essentials@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Witch_Essentials] Re: Blue Moon.

Put faith into the universe, and if there's a chance your cats out there he
will come home, or soon you will receive a message ,look for it and be alert
it could come from somewhere least expect... Put your intention out there,
and anything can happen... raising the white light to shield you against
pain and suffering for this night.

3c.

Re: Blue Moon.

Posted by: "Blackbird" blackbird_61@yahoo.com   blackbird_61

Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:25 pm (PDT)




Of course your fearful, with the fate of your little friend unknown, but
please do not give up just yet.

I pulled 3 cards for you, using the Gilded Tarot, 10 of Pents, Emperor
Rx, 10 of Cups, both the cups, and the pents are very Familial cards,
and I feel the overall pull must be auspicious. I believe you still have
reason to hope. Blessings, BB.

--- In Witch_Essentials@yahoogroups.com, "Antigone" <antigone213@...>
wrote:

I am now beginning to fear the worst. It's been six days. While
I'm still holding out hope, that hope gets dimmer with each passing
day.

Yesterday I woke up early, and in that
half-asleep-still-sort-of-dreaming state I felt her curled up against my
arm and shoulder with her little face pressed into my cheek. As I woke
more fully I realized she wasn't physically there. Part of me feels
that may have been her little spirit coming back to me.

But my candle is still burning, and each night I spend some time outside
"sending" for her before I go to bed.

Antigone

3d.

Re: Blue Moon.

Posted by: "gaia_d" Gaia_D@yahoo.com   gaia_d

Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:27 pm (PDT)





--- In Witch_Essentials@yahoogroups.com, "Antigone" <antigone213@...> wrote:
>
> I am now beginning to fear the worst. It's been six days. While I'm still
> holding out hope, that hope gets dimmer with each passing day.
>
>

GAIA:

Two years ago, i was putting a leash on my beloved persian kitty, "Sweetie", every day, and attaching it to a connection outside, so he could happily explore the yard...After two years of this without any problems, one day i went out to bring him in and noticed that the leash had broken -- part of it was (evidently) still attached to him -- but he was nowhere to be found.

I panicked, but kept faith that if i just went out and hunted for him i'd find him.

I went out every day for hours, both morning and evening -- NINE DAYS -- and couldn't find him. I called every vet, every pet center, store, SPCA and rescue group, etc -- they all said that cats have a natural tendency to freak, "hide and hunker down", trying not to attract the interest of predators --

I despaired of ever finding him, and all i could imagine was that he must have gotten tied up somehow, somewhere, unable to get loose and find his way home --

On the 9th day, i was taking around pictures of him, and i stopped to talk to a neighbor and tell him what happened - -when i heard a plaintive, weak little cry --

I looked under the house and found him, sure enough, tangled up so tight he could hardly move! Before i realized it, i was sobbing, "I found you! I found you!" and had him in my arms.

He had lost some weight but in a few days was his old self.

Hang in there -- Keep hunting, make calls, check with vets, pet shops,make up flyers, etc, --

And keep your ears open!

Good luck! -
~Gaia

4a.

Ideas for a simple dedication

Posted by: "Mary" msweetness05@gmail.com   sylvanmimi09

Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:49 am (PDT)



Hey all,

I am beginning my journey on Samhein into the Craft in a serious way. I am studying and practicing and getting to know that inner part of me that is drawn to this spiritual path.
I wanted to do a simple self dedication that eve and was wondering if anyone else would share how they started.

I have to do simple because I am limited in all ways and Ive been reading about a ritual of this type but I guess I just want it to mark a special night as well as make sure i am correct in what I am doing. I am not in a coven yet, I plan on it, and I dont have much in the way of guidance with anyone I know face to face so was wondering how others have done this. Even the smallest thing is important and would love to hear.

Thanks for your help,
Blessed Be,
Mary

4b.

Re: Ideas for a simple dedication

Posted by: "Antigone" antigone213@gmail.com   antigone213

Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:16 pm (PDT)



Mary wrote:

I have to do simple because I am limited in all ways and I ve been reading
about a ritual of this type but I guess I just want it to mark a special
night as well as make sure i am correct in what I am doing.

~~One suggestion I will make is to alter your perspective a little. Instead
of seeing yourself as "limited in all ways" try seeing how FREE and
empowered you are! You are the magick, the energy, the tools and rituals
and everything are simply a means of directing that energy. A ritual
doesn't need fancy tools or lots of expensive accessories. And Deities
aren't going to judge you based on how expensive your tools are, or how many
of them you have. It is every bit as effective to direct energy with your
finger as it is with a wand.

This path is about you, and what's in your heart. Not the toys/tools on
your altar. Some of my deepest and most profound rituals were those where I
used an acorn as a symbol of the God, a small round shell for the Goddess,
and a little water from the tap, dirt from my hard, breath and a matchstick
for the four elements. Everything was free.

As I've progressed over the years, many of the tools I started out with have
been set aside either because I've realized I didn't need them, or because I
was able to find or make something else that better suited me. One thing
that I have learned is that simplicity is not equal to limited. :-)

Your intuition will guide you as to whether or not it's "right." My wish
for you is that you are able to see the limitless potential before you.
Congratulations on beginning your journey!

Antigone

_____

From: Witch_Essentials@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:Witch_Essentials@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Mary
Sent: Sunday, October 24, 2010 1:44 PM
To: Witch_Essentials@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Witch_Essentials] Ideas for a simple dedication

Hey all,

I am beginning my journey on Samhein into the Craft in a serious way. I am
studying and practicing and getting to know that inner part of me that is
drawn to this spiritual path.
I wanted to do a simple self dedication that eve and was wondering if anyone
else would share how they started.

I am not in a coven yet, I plan on it, and I dont have much in the way of
guidance with anyone I know face to face so was wondering how others have
done this. Even the smallest thing is important and would love to hear.

Thanks for your help,
Blessed Be,
Mary

4c.

Re: Ideas for a simple dedication

Posted by: "gaia_d" Gaia_D@yahoo.com   gaia_d

Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:54 pm (PDT)





--- In Witch_Essentials@yahoogroups.com, "Mary" <msweetness05@...>
wrote:
>
> Hey all,
>
> I am beginning my journey on Samhein into the Craft in a serious way.
I am studying and practicing and getting to know that inner part of me
that is drawn to this spiritual path.
> I wanted to do a simple self dedication that eve and was wondering if
anyone else would share how they started.
>
> I have to do simple because I am limited in all ways and Ive been
reading about a ritual of this type but I guess I just want it to mark a
special night as well as make sure i am correct in what I am doing. I am
not in a coven yet, I plan on it, and I dont have much in the way of
guidance with anyone I know face to face so was wondering how others
have done this. Even the smallest thing is important and would love to
hear.
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Blessed Be,
> Mary

GAIA:

HI and Merry Meet, Mary --

Yes, i'd like to offer some information and suggestions, if i may --
Take them and use them as you wish, ok?

First, i'd like to congratulate you on reaching the point in your
studies, where you feel you are ready to formally dedicate yourself --
That is a very serious thing.

May i say, I'm wondering why you choose Samhain to do your Dedication.
It is of course the one holiday that's most associated with Wicca and
witchcraft, and it's known to be one of fWicca's most sacred holy days
-- So just from these things, i can certainly understand why you might
want to use it as the date for this most important moment in your life;
And i'll also note that you're certainly and absolutely, ultimately
entitled to choose *whatever* date you wish / prefer --

But i must respectfully note that Samhain is *not* generally considered
the most appropriate date for either Initiation or Dedication -- There
are several reasons why:

1. First, one of the most important and major aspects of Wicca is its
effort to help those who wish, to learn how to understand and *work
with* the energies and cycles of Nature -- and those cycles follow a
very definite, precise "format", so to speak:

The "waxing" (or "growing") part of the year (from Winter Solstice /
Yule, to Summer Solstice (aka Litha) is related to and focus upon
growth-oriented activities and energies: including planting, fertility,
reproduction, etc.

The "waning" (or decreasing) part of the year (from Summer Solstice to
Winter) is related to harvest, decline, death, and inward-(or
downward)-turning, activities and energies. For more explicit and
precise information on the Wheel of the YEar in general, and each Sabbat
and its meaning, symbols, and lore, please see the following article: "
The SABBATS - General Info:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Witch_Essentials/message/17587
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Witch_Essentials/message/17587>

As you'll see, Samhain is the third and final Harvest, and as such, it's
the end of the year. Anything left in the fields at sunset on Samhain
eve, is considered sacred to the Goddess, and left as an offering.

Now, while it's true that some Wiccans do see Samhain as the end of one
year, and the beginning of the next, for many (especially traditional)
Wiccan Traditions, Samhain is the END of the Year, but not yet the
beginning of the next. Instead, the period from Samhain until Yule is
considered no longer of the old year, but *not yet* of the New Year --
in other words, a kind of "gestational" period during which the New Year
-- like the God -- is still "gestating within the womb of the Goddess",
and is not "(re)born" until sunrise on the morning of the Winter
Solstice, when the sun begins its long journey toward fullness of warmth
and light, which it reaches at Summer Solstice.

AGain, (pardon the repetition, i just want to make sure this is really
clear to everyone, even newbies *smile*) Wicca celebrates the natural
CYCLES of RENEWAL. The sun cycles through fullness at Summer Solstice
-Litha (June 19-23), yet that is also the moment of its simultaneous
"death", because it immediately begins its long journey toward winter.
At Winter Solstice (the longest night, shortest day) it is "renewed" at
sunrise, and begins its long journey back again toward fullness --
around and around; renewal, regeneration -- Thus the much-beloved Wiccan
folk song, "Circles" says:

"Around, and around, and around turns the Good Earth --
All things must change, as the seasons go by:
We are the Children of the Lord and the Lady,
Whose Myst'ries we learn, from the Earth and the Sky - "

Here's a link to the lyrics of the whole song:
http://www.sacred-texts.com/bos/bos562.htm
<http://www.sacred-texts.com/bos/bos562.htm>

So Samhain is about mortality, Decline, Loss, Death and Disintegration
-- A good time to consider and celebrate such things as old age, loss
(and grieving our losses), remembering and honoring our beloved dead,
preparing for our own passing(s) -- including legal preparations like
Wills and Living Wills, etc; and (for more experienced Wiccans) helping
those who have passed during the last Cycle, to have a good passing.

It's not really a good time to celebrate new beginnings -- not just
because of "tradition", but because of the *energies* that are all
around us.

2. So if Samhain isn't the (traditional) time for Initiations or
Dedications, when is?

Well, traditionally, they were done at or near Imbolg/ Oimelc /
Brigidmas / Candlemas / February 2. This Sabbat celebrates the
"quickening" of light and warmth that we generally begin to experience
at this season; it also celebrates Brigid, Goddess of sacred poetry,
smithcraft, and healing.

The Sabbat of quickening light and new life ("Imbolc" means "in the
belly", where many of the new herd animals are gestating at this time of
year -- "in the bellys" of their mothers. "Oimelc" ("milk") is a
reference to "mother's milk", because many animals are about to begin
nursing their young.

Imbolc can be understood as the first of three fertility festivals, the
first to magickally evoke the coming of Spring.

Among Wiccans, Mythically, the newborn God (and year) born at Winter
Solstice has grown into a Youth; and the Crone Goddess of Samhain has
regenerated Herself into a Maiden, and they celebrate their youth and
their coming adulthood.

This is understood as the time of "individuation" – a time when a
youth begins to become the (adult) individual, with their own
personality, preferences, inclinations, talents, interests, etc --
seperate and apart from their family, or friends.... looking forward to
and gradually becoming the adult she or he *will* be. In keeping with
the theme of New Beginnings, the coming of spring and fertility, growth
and abundance, youths maturing and becoming the Individuals they will
ultimately be -

Here's how the Dictionary puts it:

"INDIVIDUATION: The act or process of becoming distinct or individual,
especially the process by which social individuals become differentiated
one from the other" -- see http://www.dictionary.com
<http://www.dictionary.com> for more on it, here:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/individuation?fromRef=true&__utma\
=1.1025460924.1269029350.1286662023.1286925008.46&__utmb=1.3.10.12879690\
98&__utmc=1&__utmx=-&__utmz=1.1282665486.36.3.utmcsr=dictionary.referenc\
e.com
|utmccn=(referral)|utmcmd=referral|utmcct=/&__utmv=-&__utmk=5761399\
4
<http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/individuation?fromRef=true&__utm\
a=1.1025460924.1269029350.1286662023.1286925008.46&__utmb=1.3.10.1287969\
098&__utmc=1&__utmx=-&__utmz=1.1282665486.36.3.utmcsr=dictionary.referen\
ce.com
|utmccn=(referral)|utmcmd=referral|utmcct=/&__utmv=-&__utmk=576139\
94>

-- *This* is the traditional time when Wiccan Initiations and
Dedications were/ are usually held.

Now, let's talk about what a Dedication ritual is :

In its most basic and esential form, a Dedication is formally presenting
your Self before / to your Deities, Guides, Higher Self, etc -- and
letting them know that you are hereby -- of your own free will and
choice, and after due prayerful consideration -- formally and
officially Dedicating yourself to the Sacred Task of honorably,
sincerely studying, practicing and learning your path (My capital "p"
doesn't seem to be working, but please note i intended to capitalize
that word, "path" !), and promising to be true to the "light and
knowledge" gained along the Way.

It should be obvious that *before* the Ritual, one should be very
diligent and conscientious about doing a lot of meditation and prayerful
consideration -- and even journaling -- about what Dedication is and
means to you, what you think it should say about where you are and where
you're "headed", spiritually; what kinds of goals you want to set for
yourself, how to go about fulfilling them, etc. During the Ritual, it
might be a good idea to synthesize all these thoughts and set for
oneself a "program" of study, practice, goals, etc.

Before beginning the Ritual, It might be a good idea to take a Ritual
Bath -- using some esential oils or flowers/ herbs to scent and bless/
consecrate the bath, and visualizing purification, and whatever else you
feel is appropriate for preparation --

Here are a couple of articles explaining in more depth and detail, the
meaning of Dedication and Initiation, how they differ from each other,
and what some general "qualifications" might be, for both. When you've
read them, if you have *any* questions whatsoever, please don't hesitate
to ask *any* questions you might have, ok?

Dedication and Initiation - Info

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BeginningWicca/message/19069
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BeginningWicca/message/19069>

Initiation: Requirements for First Degree

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BeginningWicca/message/19068
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BeginningWicca/message/19068>

I hope that's helpful --

Good luck and Blessed Be -

~Gaia

4d.

Re: Ideas for a simple dedication

Posted by: "Mary Cooney" msweetness05@gmail.com   sylvanmimi09

Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:01 pm (PDT)



Thanks so much, I will take your suggestion and just present myself as is,
but own what I have been given within, which is so powerful in all of us.

Thanks again,
Mary

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 5:04 PM, Antigone <antigone213@gmail.com> wrote:

>
>
> Mary wrote:
>
> I have to do simple because I am limited in all ways and I ve been reading
> about a ritual of this type but I guess I just want it to mark a special
> night as well as make sure i am correct in what I am doing.
>
>
>
> ~~One suggestion I will make is to alter your perspective a little.
> Instead of seeing yourself as "limited in all ways" try seeing how FREE and
> empowered you are! You are the magick, the energy, the tools and rituals
> and everything are simply a means of directing that energy. A ritual
> doesn't need fancy tools or lots of expensive accessories. And Deities
> aren't going to judge you based on how expensive your tools are, or how many
> of them you have. It is every bit as effective to direct energy with your
> finger as it is with a wand.
>
>
>
> This path is about you, and what's in your heart. Not the toys/tools on
> your altar. Some of my deepest and most profound rituals were those where I
> used an acorn as a symbol of the God, a small round shell for the Goddess,
> and a little water from the tap, dirt from my hard, breath and a matchstick
> for the four elements. Everything was free.
>
>
>
> As I've progressed over the years, many of the tools I started out with
> have been set aside either because I've realized I didn't need them, or
> because I was able to find or make something else that better suited me.
> One thing that I have learned is that simplicity is not equal to limited.
> J
>
>
>
> Your intuition will guide you as to whether or not it's "right." My wish
> for you is that you are able to see the limitless potential before you.
> Congratulations on beginning your journey!
>
> Antigone
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> *From:* Witch_Essentials@yahoogroups.com [mailto:
> Witch_Essentials@yahoogroups.com] *On Behalf Of *Mary
> *Sent:* Sunday, October 24, 2010 1:44 PM
> *To:* Witch_Essentials@yahoogroups.com
> *Subject:* [Witch_Essentials] Ideas for a simple dedication
>
>
>
>
>
> Hey all,
>
> I am beginning my journey on Samhein into the Craft in a serious way. I am
> studying and practicing and getting to know that inner part of me that is
> drawn to this spiritual path.
> I wanted to do a simple self dedication that eve and was wondering if
> anyone else would share how they started.
>
> I am not in a coven yet, I plan on it, and I dont have much in the way of
> guidance with anyone I know face to face so was wondering how others have
> done this. Even the smallest thing is important and would love to hear.
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Blessed Be,
> Mary
>
>
4e.

Re: Ideas for a simple dedication

Posted by: "Mary Cooney" msweetness05@gmail.com   sylvanmimi09

Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:16 pm (PDT)



Thank you so much GAIA, this is what i was looking and hoping for.
Understanding the meaning of the celebrations has made it clear and I think
I will wait,,,,I do know about the cleansing bath and meditation, I journal
as well but was just a little unsure on when to do it. Now its clear, the
light of imbolc and all that goes with it is harmony for me.
Thanks again,,,I am going to read all this again and check out the links,,,

Mary

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 9:54 PM, gaia_d <Gaia_D@yahoo.com> wrote:

>
>
>
> --- In Witch_Essentials@yahoogroups.com, "Mary" <msweetness05@...> wrote:
> >
> > Hey all,
> >
> > I am beginning my journey on Samhein into the Craft in a serious way. I
> am studying and practicing and getting to know that inner part of me that is
> drawn to this spiritual path.
> > I wanted to do a simple self dedication that eve and was wondering if
> anyone else would share how they started.
> >
> > I have to do simple because I am limited in all ways and Ive been reading
> about a ritual of this type but I guess I just want it to mark a special
> night as well as make sure i am correct in what I am doing. I am not in a
> coven yet, I plan on it, and I dont have much in the way of guidance with
> anyone I know face to face so was wondering how others have done this. Even
> the smallest thing is important and would love to hear.
> >
> > Thanks for your help,
> > Blessed Be,
> > Mary
>
>
>
>
>
> GAIA:
>
> HI and Merry Meet, Mary --
>
> Yes, i'd like to offer some information and suggestions, if i may -- Take
> them and use them as you wish, ok?
>
> First, i'd like to congratulate you on reaching the point in your studies,
> where you feel you are ready to formally dedicate yourself -- That is a very
> serious thing.
>
> May i say, I'm wondering why you choose Samhain to do your Dedication. It
> is of course the one holiday that's most associated with Wicca and
> witchcraft, and it's known to be one of fWicca's most sacred holy days -- So
> just from these things, i can certainly understand why you might want to use
> it as the date for this most important moment in your life; And i'll also
> note that you're certainly and absolutely, ultimately entitled to choose
> *whatever* date you wish / prefer --
>
> But i must respectfully note that Samhain is *not* generally considered the
> most appropriate date for either Initiation or Dedication -- There are
> several reasons why:
>
> 1. First, one of the most important and major aspects of Wicca is its
> effort to help those who wish, to learn how to understand and *work with*
> the energies and cycles of Nature -- and those cycles follow a very
> definite, precise "format", so to speak:
>
> The "waxing" (or "growing") part of the year (from Winter Solstice / Yule,
> to Summer Solstice (aka Litha) is related to and focus upon *
> growth-oriented* activities and energies: including planting, fertility,
> reproduction, etc.
>
> The "waning" (or decreasing) part of the year (from Summer Solstice to
> Winter) is related to harvest, decline, death, and inward-(or
> downward)-turning, activities and energies. For more explicit and precise
> information on the Wheel of the YEar in general, and each Sabbat and its
> meaning, symbols, and lore, please see the following article: " The SABBATS
> - General Info:
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Witch_Essentials/message/17587
>
> As you'll see, Samhain is the third and final Harvest, and as such, it's
> the end of the year. Anything left in the fields at sunset on Samhain eve,
> is considered sacred to the Goddess, and left as an offering.
>
> Now, while it's true that some Wiccans do see Samhain as the end of one
> year, and the beginning of the next, for many (especially traditional)
> Wiccan Traditions, Samhain is the END of the Year, but not yet the beginning
> of the next. Instead, the period from Samhain until Yule is considered no
> longer of the old year, but *not yet* of the New Year -- in other words, a
> kind of "gestational" period during which the New Year -- like the God -- is
> still "gestating within the womb of the Goddess", and is not "(re)born"
> until sunrise on the morning of the Winter Solstice, when the sun begins its
> long journey toward fullness of warmth and light, which it reaches at SummerSolstice.
>
> AGain, (pardon the repetition, i just want to make sure this is really
> clear to everyone, even newbies *smile*) Wicca celebrates the natural CYCLES
> of RENEWAL. The sun cycles through fullness at Summer Solstice -Litha (June
> 19-23), yet that is also the moment of its simultaneous "death", because it
> immediately begins its long journey toward winter. At Winter Solstice (the
> longest night, shortest day) it is "renewed" at sunrise, and begins its long
> journey back again toward fullness -- around and around; renewal,
> regeneration -- Thus the much-beloved Wiccan folk song, "Circles" says:
>
> "Around, and around, and around turns the Good Earth
> --
> All things must change, as the seasons go
> by:
> We are the Children of the Lord and the
> Lady,
> Whose Myst'ries we learn, from the Earth and the Sky - "
>
> Here's a link to the lyrics of the whole song:
> http://www.sacred-texts.com/bos/bos562.htm
>
>
>
> So Samhain is about mortality, Decline, Loss, Death and Disintegration -- A
> good time to consider and celebrate such things as old age, loss
> (and grieving our losses), remembering and honoring our beloved dead,
> preparing for our own passing(s) -- including legal preparations like Wills
> and Living Wills, etc; and (for more experienced Wiccans) helping those who
> have passed during the last Cycle, to have a good passing.
>
> It's not really a good time to celebrate new beginnings -- not just because
> of "tradition", but because of the *energies* that are all around us.
>
>
>
> 2. So if Samhain isn't the (traditional) time for Initiations or
> Dedications, when is?
>
> Well, traditionally, they were done at or near Imbolg/ Oimelc / Brigidmas /
> Candlemas / February 2. This Sabbat celebrates the "quickening" of light
> and warmth that we generally begin to experience at this season; it also
> celebrates Brigid, Goddess of sacred poetry, smithcraft, and healing.
>
> The Sabbat of quickening light and new life ("Imbolc" means "in the
> belly", where many of the new herd animals are gestating at this time of
> year -- "in the bellys" of their mothers. "Oimelc" ("milk") is a reference
> to "mother's milk", because many animals are about to begin nursing their
> young.
>
>
>
> Imbolc can be understood as the first of three fertility festivals, the
> first to magickally evoke the coming of Spring.
>
> Among Wiccans, Mythically, the newborn God (and year) born at Winter
> Solstice has grown into a Youth; and the Crone Goddess of Samhain has
> regenerated Herself into a Maiden, and they celebrate their youth and their
> coming adulthood.
>
>
>
>
>
> This is understood as the time of "*individuation*" – a time when a youth
> begins to become the (adult) individual, with their own personality,
> preferences, inclinations, talents, interests, etc -- seperate and apart
> from their family, or friends.... looking forward to and gradually becoming
> the adult she or he *will* be. In keeping with the theme of New
> Beginnings, the coming of spring and fertility, growth and abundance, youths
> maturing and becoming the Individuals they will ultimately be -
>
>
>
> Here's how the Dictionary puts it:
>
> "INDIVIDUATION: The act or process of becoming distinct or individual,
> especially the process by which social individuals become differentiated
> one from the other" -- see http://www.dictionary.com for more on it,
> here:
>
>
> http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/individuation?fromRef=true&__utma=1.1025460924.1269029350.1286662023.1286925008.46&__utmb=1.3.10.1287969098&__utmc=1&__utmx=-&__utmz=1.1282665486.36.3.utmcsr=dictionary.reference.com|utmccn=(referral)|utmcmd=referral|utmcct=/&__utmv=-&__utmk=57613994<http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/individuation?fromRef=true&__utma=1.1025460924.1269029350.1286662023.1286925008.46&__utmb=1.3.10.1287969098&__utmc=1&__utmx=-&__utmz=1.1282665486.36.3.utmcsr=dictionary.reference.com%7Cutmccn=%28referral%29%7Cutmcmd=referral%7Cutmcct=/&__utmv=-&__utmk=57613994>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> -- *This* is the traditional time when Wiccan Initiations and Dedications
> were/ are usually held.
>
>
>
>
>
> Now, let's talk about what a Dedication ritual is :
>
>
>
> In its most basic and esential form, a Dedication is formally presenting
> your Self before / to your Deities, Guides, Higher Self, etc -- and letting
> them know that you are hereby -- of your own free will and choice, and
> after due prayerful consideration -- formally and officially Dedicating
> yourself to the Sacred Task of honorably, sincerely studying, practicing and
> learning your path (My capital "p" doesn't seem to be working, but please
> note i intended to capitalize that word, "path" !), and promising to be true
> to the "light and knowledge" gained along the Way.
>
>
>
> It should be obvious that *before* the Ritual, one should be very diligent
> and conscientious about doing a lot of meditation and prayerful
> consideration -- and even journaling -- about what Dedication is and means
> to you, what you think it should say about where you are and where you're
> "headed", spiritually; what kinds of goals you want to set for yourself, how
> to go about fulfilling them, etc. During the Ritual, it might be a good
> idea to synthesize all these thoughts and set for oneself a "program" of
> study, practice, goals, etc.
>
>
>
> Before beginning the Ritual, It might be a good idea to take a Ritual Bath
> -- using some esential oils or flowers/ herbs to scent and bless/
> consecrate the bath, and visualizing purification, and whatever else you
> feel is appropriate for preparation --
>
>
>
>
>
> Here are a couple of articles explaining in more depth and detail, the
> meaning of Dedication and Initiation, how they differ from each other, and
> what some general "qualifications" might be, for both. When you've read
> them, if you have *any* questions whatsoever, please don't hesitate to ask
> *any* questions you might have, ok?
>
>
>
> Dedication and Initiation - Info
>
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BeginningWicca/message/19069
>
>
>
> Initiation: Requirements for First Degree
>
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BeginningWicca/message/19068
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> I hope that's helpful --
>
>
>
> Good luck and Blessed Be -
>
> ~Gaia
>
>
4f.

Re: Ideas for a simple dedication

Posted by: "Blackbird" blackbird_61@yahoo.com   blackbird_61

Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:16 pm (PDT)




Hi Mary,

Gaia would tell you, and rightly there is no such thing as "Self
Initiation" because you can't initiate yourself into something ... I
cant dunk myself and pronounce myself a Baptist, or Catholic, I can't
award myself a blackbelt.

But ... As a long tim Solitary Pagan, that does not mean we should sit
on our hands waiting for the universe to produce a teacher, mentor,
guru. ... We can and should do our homework.

This book Self-Initiation-Solitary-Witch-
<http://www.amazon.com/Self-Initiation-Solitary-Witch-Spirituality-Five-\
Degree/dp/1564147266/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1287972462&sr=1-1
>
is an Excellent resource despite the unfortunate title, I highly suggest
you take a good look at it and see if it speaks to you. Blessings, BB.

--- In Witch_Essentials@yahoogroups.com, Mary Cooney <msweetness05@...>
wrote:
>
> Thanks so much, I will take your suggestion and just present myself as
is,
> but own what I have been given within, which is so powerful in all of
us.
>
> Thanks again,
> Mary
>
> On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 5:04 PM, Antigone antigone213@... wrote:
>
> >
> >
> > Mary wrote:
> >
> > I have to do simple because I am limited in all ways and I ve been
reading
> > about a ritual of this type but I guess I just want it to mark a
special
> > night as well as make sure i am correct in what I am doing.
> >
> >
> >
> > ~~One suggestion I will make is to alter your perspective a little.
> > Instead of seeing yourself as "limited in all ways" try
seeing how FREE and
> > empowered you are! You are the magick, the energy, the tools and
rituals
> > and everything are simply a means of directing that energy. A ritual
> > doesn't need fancy tools or lots of expensive accessories. And
Deities
> > aren't going to judge you based on how expensive your tools are,
or how many
> > of them you have. It is every bit as effective to direct energy with
your
> > finger as it is with a wand.
> >
> >
> >
> > This path is about you, and what's in your heart. Not the
toys/tools on
> > your altar. Some of my deepest and most profound rituals were those
where I
> > used an acorn as a symbol of the God, a small round shell for the
Goddess,
> > and a little water from the tap, dirt from my hard, breath and a
matchstick
> > for the four elements. Everything was free.
> >
> >
> >
> > As I've progressed over the years, many of the tools I started
out with
> > have been set aside either because I've realized I didn't
need them, or
> > because I was able to find or make something else that better suited
me.
> > One thing that I have learned is that simplicity is not equal to
limited.
> > J
> >
> >
> >
> > Your intuition will guide you as to whether or not it's
"right." My wish
> > for you is that you are able to see the limitless potential before
you.
> > Congratulations on beginning your journey!
> >
> > Antigone
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > ------------------------------
> >
> > *From:* Witch_Essentials@yahoogroups.com [mailto:
> > Witch_Essentials@yahoogroups.com] *On Behalf Of *Mary
> > *Sent:* Sunday, October 24, 2010 1:44 PM
> > *To:* Witch_Essentials@yahoogroups.com
> > *Subject:* [Witch_Essentials] Ideas for a simple dedication
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Hey all,
> >
> > I am beginning my journey on Samhein into the Craft in a serious
way. I am
> > studying and practicing and getting to know that inner part of me
that is
> > drawn to this spiritual path.
> > I wanted to do a simple self dedication that eve and was wondering
if
> > anyone else would share how they started.
> >
> > I am not in a coven yet, I plan on it, and I dont have much in the
way of
> > guidance with anyone I know face to face so was wondering how others
have
> > done this. Even the smallest thing is important and would love to
hear.
> >
> > Thanks for your help,
> > Blessed Be,
> > Mary
> >
> >
>

4g.

Re: Ideas for a simple dedication

Posted by: "gaia_d" Gaia_D@yahoo.com   gaia_d

Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:30 pm (PDT)





--- In Witch_Essentials@yahoogroups.com, Mary Cooney <msweetness05@...> wrote:
>
> Thank you so much GAIA, this is what i was looking and hoping for.
> Understanding the meaning of the celebrations has made it clear and I think
> I will wait,,,,I do know about the cleansing bath and meditation, I journal
> as well but was just a little unsure on when to do it. Now its clear, the
> light of imbolc and all that goes with it is harmony for me.
> Thanks again,,,I am going to read all this again and check out the links,,,
>
> Mary

GAIA:

Hi Mary --

I'm so glad it was helpful --

I was a bit worried that it might discourage or offend you, so i thank you for understanding and accepting it all with such grace --

As i said, please dond't hesitate to ask ANY questions, ok?

And please, do let us know when you do your Dedication, so we can congratulate and celebrate with you!

Blessed Be -
~Gaia

>
> On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 9:54 PM, gaia_d <Gaia_D@...> wrote:
>
> >
> >
> >
> > --- In Witch_Essentials@yahoogroups.com, "Mary" <msweetness05@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hey all,
> > >
> > > I am beginning my journey on Samhein into the Craft in a serious way. I
> > am studying and practicing and getting to know that inner part of me that is
> > drawn to this spiritual path.
> > > I wanted to do a simple self dedication that eve and was wondering if
> > anyone else would share how they started.
> > >
> > > I have to do simple because I am limited in all ways and Ive been reading
> > about a ritual of this type but I guess I just want it to mark a special
> > night as well as make sure i am correct in what I am doing. I am not in a
> > coven yet, I plan on it, and I dont have much in the way of guidance with
> > anyone I know face to face so was wondering how others have done this. Even
> > the smallest thing is important and would love to hear.
> > >
> > > Thanks for your help,
> > > Blessed Be,
> > > Mary
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > GAIA:
> >
> > HI and Merry Meet, Mary --
> >
> > Yes, i'd like to offer some information and suggestions, if i may -- Take
> > them and use them as you wish, ok?
> >
> > First, i'd like to congratulate you on reaching the point in your studies,
> > where you feel you are ready to formally dedicate yourself -- That is a very
> > serious thing.
> >
> > May i say, I'm wondering why you choose Samhain to do your Dedication. It
> > is of course the one holiday that's most associated with Wicca and
> > witchcraft, and it's known to be one of fWicca's most sacred holy days -- So
> > just from these things, i can certainly understand why you might want to use
> > it as the date for this most important moment in your life; And i'll also
> > note that you're certainly and absolutely, ultimately entitled to choose
> > *whatever* date you wish / prefer --
> >
> > But i must respectfully note that Samhain is *not* generally considered the
> > most appropriate date for either Initiation or Dedication -- There are
> > several reasons why:
> >
> > 1. First, one of the most important and major aspects of Wicca is its
> > effort to help those who wish, to learn how to understand and *work with*
> > the energies and cycles of Nature -- and those cycles follow a very
> > definite, precise "format", so to speak:
> >
> > The "waxing" (or "growing") part of the year (from Winter Solstice / Yule,
> > to Summer Solstice (aka Litha) is related to and focus upon *
> > growth-oriented* activities and energies: including planting, fertility,
> > reproduction, etc.
> >
> > The "waning" (or decreasing) part of the year (from Summer Solstice to
> > Winter) is related to harvest, decline, death, and inward-(or
> > downward)-turning, activities and energies. For more explicit and precise
> > information on the Wheel of the YEar in general, and each Sabbat and its
> > meaning, symbols, and lore, please see the following article: " The SABBATS
> > - General Info:
> > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Witch_Essentials/message/17587
> >
> > As you'll see, Samhain is the third and final Harvest, and as such, it's
> > the end of the year. Anything left in the fields at sunset on Samhain eve,
> > is considered sacred to the Goddess, and left as an offering.
> >
> > Now, while it's true that some Wiccans do see Samhain as the end of one
> > year, and the beginning of the next, for many (especially traditional)
> > Wiccan Traditions, Samhain is the END of the Year, but not yet the beginning
> > of the next. Instead, the period from Samhain until Yule is considered no
> > longer of the old year, but *not yet* of the New Year -- in other words, a
> > kind of "gestational" period during which the New Year -- like the God -- is
> > still "gestating within the womb of the Goddess", and is not "(re)born"
> > until sunrise on the morning of the Winter Solstice, when the sun begins its
> > long journey toward fullness of warmth and light, which it reaches at SummerSolstice.
> >
> > AGain, (pardon the repetition, i just want to make sure this is really
> > clear to everyone, even newbies *smile*) Wicca celebrates the natural CYCLES
> > of RENEWAL. The sun cycles through fullness at Summer Solstice -Litha (June
> > 19-23), yet that is also the moment of its simultaneous "death", because it
> > immediately begins its long journey toward winter. At Winter Solstice (the
> > longest night, shortest day) it is "renewed" at sunrise, and begins its long
> > journey back again toward fullness -- around and around; renewal,
> > regeneration -- Thus the much-beloved Wiccan folk song, "Circles" says:
> >
> > "Around, and around, and around turns the Good Earth
> > --
> > All things must change, as the seasons go
> > by:
> > We are the Children of the Lord and the
> > Lady,
> > Whose Myst'ries we learn, from the Earth and the Sky - "
> >
> > Here's a link to the lyrics of the whole song:
> > http://www.sacred-texts.com/bos/bos562.htm
> >
> >
> >
> > So Samhain is about mortality, Decline, Loss, Death and Disintegration -- A
> > good time to consider and celebrate such things as old age, loss
> > (and grieving our losses), remembering and honoring our beloved dead,
> > preparing for our own passing(s) -- including legal preparations like Wills
> > and Living Wills, etc; and (for more experienced Wiccans) helping those who
> > have passed during the last Cycle, to have a good passing.
> >
> > It's not really a good time to celebrate new beginnings -- not just because
> > of "tradition", but because of the *energies* that are all around us.
> >
> >
> >
> > 2. So if Samhain isn't the (traditional) time for Initiations or
> > Dedications, when is?
> >
> > Well, traditionally, they were done at or near Imbolg/ Oimelc / Brigidmas /
> > Candlemas / February 2. This Sabbat celebrates the "quickening" of light
> > and warmth that we generally begin to experience at this season; it also
> > celebrates Brigid, Goddess of sacred poetry, smithcraft, and healing.
> >
> > The Sabbat of quickening light and new life ("Imbolc" means "in the
> > belly", where many of the new herd animals are gestating at this time of
> > year -- "in the bellys" of their mothers. "Oimelc" ("milk") is a reference
> > to "mother's milk", because many animals are about to begin nursing their
> > young.
> >
> >
> >
> > Imbolc can be understood as the first of three fertility festivals, the
> > first to magickally evoke the coming of Spring.
> >
> > Among Wiccans, Mythically, the newborn God (and year) born at Winter
> > Solstice has grown into a Youth; and the Crone Goddess of Samhain has
> > regenerated Herself into a Maiden, and they celebrate their youth and their
> > coming adulthood.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > This is understood as the time of "*individuation*" – a time when a youth
> > begins to become the (adult) individual, with their own personality,
> > preferences, inclinations, talents, interests, etc -- seperate and apart
> > from their family, or friends.... looking forward to and gradually becoming
> > the adult she or he *will* be. In keeping with the theme of New
> > Beginnings, the coming of spring and fertility, growth and abundance, youths
> > maturing and becoming the Individuals they will ultimately be -
> >
> >
> >
> > Here's how the Dictionary puts it:
> >
> > "INDIVIDUATION: The act or process of becoming distinct or individual,
> > especially the process by which social individuals become differentiated
> > one from the other" -- see http://www.dictionary.com for more on it,
> > here:
> >
> >
> > http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/individuation?fromRef=true&__utma=1.1025460924.1269029350.1286662023.1286925008.46&__utmb=1.3.10.1287969098&__utmc=1&__utmx=-&__utmz=1.1282665486.36.3.utmcsr=dictionary.reference.com|utmccn=(referral)|utmcmd=referral|utmcct=/&__utmv=-&__utmk=57613994<http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/individuation?fromRef=true&__utma=1.1025460924.1269029350.1286662023.1286925008.46&__utmb=1.3.10.1287969098&__utmc=1&__utmx=-&__utmz=1.1282665486.36.3.utmcsr=dictionary.reference.com%7Cutmccn=%28referral%29%7Cutmcmd=referral%7Cutmcct=/&__utmv=-&__utmk=57613994>
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > -- *This* is the traditional time when Wiccan Initiations and Dedications
> > were/ are usually held.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Now, let's talk about what a Dedication ritual is :
> >
> >
> >
> > In its most basic and esential form, a Dedication is formally presenting
> > your Self before / to your Deities, Guides, Higher Self, etc -- and letting
> > them know that you are hereby -- of your own free will and choice, and
> > after due prayerful consideration -- formally and officially Dedicating
> > yourself to the Sacred Task of honorably, sincerely studying, practicing and
> > learning your path (My capital "p" doesn't seem to be working, but please
> > note i intended to capitalize that word, "path" !), and promising to be true
> > to the "light and knowledge" gained along the Way.
> >
> >
> >
> > It should be obvious that *before* the Ritual, one should be very diligent
> > and conscientious about doing a lot of meditation and prayerful
> > consideration -- and even journaling -- about what Dedication is and means
> > to you, what you think it should say about where you are and where you're
> > "headed", spiritually; what kinds of goals you want to set for yourself, how
> > to go about fulfilling them, etc. During the Ritual, it might be a good
> > idea to synthesize all these thoughts and set for oneself a "program" of
> > study, practice, goals, etc.
> >
> >
> >
> > Before beginning the Ritual, It might be a good idea to take a Ritual Bath
> > -- using some esential oils or flowers/ herbs to scent and bless/
> > consecrate the bath, and visualizing purification, and whatever else you
> > feel is appropriate for preparation --
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Here are a couple of articles explaining in more depth and detail, the
> > meaning of Dedication and Initiation, how they differ from each other, and
> > what some general "qualifications" might be, for both. When you've read
> > them, if you have *any* questions whatsoever, please don't hesitate to ask
> > *any* questions you might have, ok?
> >
> >
> >
> > Dedication and Initiation - Info
> >
> > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BeginningWicca/message/19069
> >
> >
> >
> > Initiation: Requirements for First Degree
> >
> > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BeginningWicca/message/19068
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > I hope that's helpful --
> >
> >
> >
> > Good luck and Blessed Be -
> >
> > ~Gaia
> >
> >
>

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Group Charity

Be the Change

A citizen movement

to change the world

New business?

Get new customers.

List your web site

in Yahoo! Search.

Yahoo! Groups

Mental Health Zone

Bi-polar disorder

Find support

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web
MARKETPLACE

Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu