joi, 5 ianuarie 2012

[WitchesWorkshop] Digest Number 4909

Messages In This Digest (7 Messages)

1a.
Re: Witchcraft in Germany From: Leif Njordsson
2a.
Every witch way | The Australian From: Caroline Tully
2b.
Re: Every witch way | The Australian From: Graham
3.
The Missionary Church of Kopimism From: carteblanche13
4a.
i need your help From: amanda kupkovic
4b.
Re: i need your help From: Tish
5.
Teen beaten to death for witchcraft suspicion (UK) From: carteblanche13

Messages

1a.

Re: Witchcraft in Germany

Posted by: "Leif Njordsson" godhi@elderway.org   woodhenge_aust

Wed Jan 4, 2012 1:57 pm (PST)



G'day Christoper,

"if not kin then enemy" it is a good expression of enemy mentality, the
idea that we should assume that those around us are more likely to be
enemies then friends."

Your suggestion that the above perspective is flawed is not borne out by
reality. Thousands of years of reality bear out that the fact that, on
the balance of probabilities, the above statement is a truism.
Throughout history it has been shown that "not friend" = "enemy",
because people who are not friends most often become enemies when
detente becomes strained. I am not suggesting that kin cannot become
enemies, only that it is less likely. We spend our lives assessing and
balancing risk. Much of that assessment is built around survival truisms
which we have accumulated over many generations to the point where it is
thought by some to be almost "programmed" into us, in a similar way that
animals have instinctual knowledge programmed into them. That knowledge
tells us that "difference" = potential enemy until proven otherwise.

I am not suggesting that the above justifies attacking others. But I am
suggesting that assuming someone is a 'friend" until proven otherwise is
naive, and will more likely than not work to your detriment. A stranger
who turns up on my doorstep, blowing smoke up my arse, about how
wonderful, wise and respected I am, does not necessarily have my best
welfare in their hearts and should be assumed to be toxic until proven
otherwise. I suspect that if a kinsman did the same thing, I would also
be wondering if their agenda had my best interests at heart.

Be well

Leif

On 3/01/2012 9:48 AM, Christopher Michaels wrote:
>
> Billl spoken like a true warrior... "if not kin then enemy" it is a
> good expression of enemy mentality, the idea that we should assume
> that those around us are more likely to be enemies then friends. This
> is exactl;y what people like George Bush and the Christians use to
> justify their attacks on people who disagreed with them, who were
> different... it is a justification for attacking the different, namely
> us, the counter/alternative cultures...
>
> What is an enemy? Someone who wants to hurt you, intentionally... the
> 'intentionally', to me is important. This means they feel threatened
> by something about you. Those like the Christians and some types of
> dictatorial conservatives and radical lefties who believe that being
> different, even more being other, being unknown, a stranger, is
> enough for you to be threatening. I prefer to be open to the unknown
> with a readiness for friend and enemy but assuming on probabilities
> that majority of people aren't looking for a fight and so are more
> likely to be friend or neutrally uninterested in me, then assuming
> people are black or white, either enemy or kin.
>
> I think the beauty of polytheism, paganism is that it lets us see
> things in rainbows of many colours, not simply in black & white
> terms... there is kin, friend, tribal member, ally, interested
> neutral, non-interested neutral, accidentally harmful, intentionally
> and temporarily enemy, permanently and intentionally enemy... for
> example...
>
>
> Christopher
>
> http://deepconnecttantra.com
> http://wildmandrake.deviantart.com
> http://www.myspace.com/wildmandrake
> Skype ID: wildmandrake
>
> "to achieve change we must step outside and view the situation from a
> new angle"
> "life doesn't travel so fast if you're paying attention."
>
> from the movie 'stay'- Henry Letham: ...Tristan Rêveur quote about bad
> art? It's "bad art is more tragically beautiful than good art 'cause
> it documents human failure."
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
> No virus found in this message.
> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com>
> Version: 2012.0.1901 / Virus Database: 2109/4718 - Release Date: 01/02/12
>

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2012.0.1901 / Virus Database: 2109/4722 - Release Date: 01/04/12

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

2a.

Every witch way | The Australian

Posted by: "Caroline Tully" heliade@bigpond.com   willowitch2001

Wed Jan 4, 2012 2:49 pm (PST)

2b.

Re: Every witch way | The Australian

Posted by: "Graham" grahfurn@yahoo.com.au   grahfurn

Wed Jan 4, 2012 4:45 pm (PST)



And interesting objective perspective on magic and superstition. But it's kind of like conducting a scientific analysis of a painting I think... you can talk about the type of paint used, what it's made of, its colours and hues, the physical shapes that have been painted, but that kind of perspective doesn't grasp the subjective nature of it all - the feelings that may have been expressed by the artist, and those of every viewer - like a window to the soul, it's different for each and every one of us - and that's the mystery of it all which the science and pure objectivity misses...

Thanks for sharing this article Caroline - you obviously have a keen eye for the latest news items of relevance! :)

Cheers & BB, Graham.

________________________________
From: Caroline Tully <heliade@bigpond.com>
To: WitchesWorkshop@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, 5 January 2012 9:19 AM
Subject: [WitchesWorkshop] Every witch way | The Australian


 
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/features/every-witch-way/story-e6frg6z6
-1226236831707

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

3.

The Missionary Church of Kopimism

Posted by: "carteblanche13" carteblanche13@yahoo.com.au   carteblanche13

Wed Jan 4, 2012 9:49 pm (PST)



Here's one for the futurists and psychohistorians. File-sharing has become an official religion in Sweden. An interesting, possibly important, twist in the ongoing battle for cyberspace.

http://falkvinge.net/2012/01/04/missionary-church-of-kopimism-approved-as-official-religion/

As needs must!

C.B.

4a.

i need your help

Posted by: "amanda kupkovic" lilith28th@yahoo.com.au   lilith28th

Thu Jan 5, 2012 5:17 am (PST)



Hello,

Hope you get this on time, sorry I didn't inform you about my trip
in

Spain for a Program, I'm presently in Madrid and am having
some

difficulties here because i  misplaced my wallet on my way to
the

hotel where my money and other valuable things were kept. presently 
i

have limited access to internet, I will like you to assist  me with
a

loan of (1,800Euros) to sort-out my hotel bills and to get myself
back

home.

I have spoken to the embassy here but they are not
responding to the

matter effectively, I will appreciate whatever you can
afford to

assist me with, I'll Refund the back to you as soon as I return,
let

me know if you can be of any help.I don't have a phone where I can
be

reached. Please let me know immediately.

Regards

Amanda

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

4b.

Re: i need your help

Posted by: "Tish" deborahs23@optusnet.com.au   morticia_its_me

Thu Jan 5, 2012 5:28 am (PST)





It is obvious that Amanda has been hacked..
I have seen this self same request at least a dozen times
same wording as this one and all...they hack a person
then use their address to try and scam anyone on their
address book..


This is nothing more than a scam..
Amanda will need to re-set her password
to be rid of this hacker sending this scam in her name.



Tish

-------Original Message-------

From: amanda kupkovic
Date: 6/01/2012 12:14:22 AM
To: undisclosed recipients: ,
Subject: i need your help

Hello,

Hope you get this on time, sorry I didn't inform you about my trip in
Spain for a Program, I'm presently in Madrid and am having some
difficulties here because i misplaced my wallet on my way to the
hotel where my money and other valuable things were kept. presently i
have limited access to internet, I will like you to assist me with a
loan of (1,800Euros) to sort-out my hotel bills and to get myself back
home.

I have spoken to the embassy here but they are not responding to the
matter effectively, I will appreciate whatever you can afford to
assist me with, I'll Refund the back to you as soon as I return, let
me know if you can be of any help.I don't have a phone where I can be
reached. Please let me know immediately.

Regards
Amanda




[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

5.

Teen beaten to death for witchcraft suspicion (UK)

Posted by: "carteblanche13" carteblanche13@yahoo.com.au   carteblanche13

Thu Jan 5, 2012 5:51 am (PST)



15 year old (African immigrant) killed by his relatives with a variety of tools in a council flat in London.

A clear case of demonic possession if ever there was one.

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16142959

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Moderator Central

Yahoo! Groups

Get the latest news

from the team.

Yahoo! Groups

Dog Group

Connect and share with

dog owners like you

Find helpful tips

for Moderators

on the Yahoo!

Groups team blog.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web
____________________ ooo)(0({O})0)(ooo____________________

Witches Workshop hold regular workshops see
http://www.witchesworkshop.com/Circle/circle_workshop.html

Keep up to date via our WitchesWorshop Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sydney-Australia/WitchesWorkshop/135651219624

WitchesWorkshop and Witch Camp Australia also run camps
several times a year - check out our websites for updates.
http://www.witchcampaustralia.org.au
http://www.witchesworkshop.com
___________________________________________________________

The WitchesWorkshop egroup holds the expectation that a
tolerant and respectful dialogue be strived for in our  
communication with other pagans, witches magicians, et al.
Members are encouraged to challenge anyone not adhering
to these principles & to notify owner.

info@witchesworkshop.com
___________________________________________________________

MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu