duminică, 8 mai 2011

[Witch_Essentials] Digest Number 2868

Messages In This Digest (1 Message)

1a.
Re: Coming to Wicca From: Bethany Jones

Message

1a.

Re: Coming to Wicca

Posted by: "Bethany Jones" mybabyegl@yahoo.com   mybabyegl

Sat May 7, 2011 11:10 pm (PDT)



That was a really beautiful story! Thank you for sharing!
My mom doesn't particularly like my beliefs but she allows me to read on it and join the groups here on Yahoo about wicca/paganism.
I want to allow my children to follow any faith they want but I will probably show them my faith as their first option to choose from. 
 
Blessed Be,
Bethany

"Life goes on..."

________________________________
From: Thayna <thaynabilberry@yahoo.com>
To: Witch_Essentials@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, May 4, 2011 4:26 PM
Subject: [Witch_Essentials] Coming to Wicca

 
I guess I was very lucky in that my family didn't have a spiritual practice. My parents didn't attend any churches when I was growing up. They sent us to Church with other family members so that they could have Sunday mornings to be a couple together with each other. (They thought we couldn't figure that one out, lol)

But I remember asking my parents what religion we were when I was in 1st grade and my mom saying we were Heathen, my dad told her not to say that and then told me I couldn't tell others at school.

I also remember being outside and listening to the trees, birds and the wind. I remember talking to flowers, bees and other spirits. My mom would watch me and ask who I was talking to and I would just tell, the earth. She would smile and walk away to go do whatever yard work she needed to do or to hang up laundry. I remember laying in the sun and feeling love and feeling a sense of wonder in the Moon.

So looking back I was Pagan even back then, and my mom will tell you, that I have always been the one that seen spirits and believed in Myths, and believed in Goddesses and Gods.

When my parents divorced, my mom wanted to become a Jehova's Witness, I was like 12 years old and she wanted me to go to Bible Study at the Kingdom Hall. I went for about 8 weeks and then told her that I just couldn't bring myself to follow their rules and believe what they were teaching.

I went to the First Baptist Church in the town where I live when I was 13 and thought that was where I wanted to be. But then about 2 weeks after I was Baptized and choice I made without my mother's consent, I told her that I couldn't attend a church where they stood and told members that they weren't true Christians if they didn't vote and Church member into the Mayors office.  She let me tell the Minister why I would no longer be a member of his Church.

So I was allowed to make all of my own choices when it came to religion, as a teen I studied, Catholic teachings as well. But the question that was always on my mind was"Where is God's wife?"

It wasn't until I was in my early 30's that I found Wicca and the teaching of a Goddess that I already had known when I was a child.

So sometimes we are lucky to have a family that doesn't have strict up religious views and allows children to explore Deity for themselves. And I have raised my children that way. They got to pick their own beliefs. I have a Christian Daughter and an Atheist Son. Both who know my Path and both of whom I am very proud to call them "my Child".

Blessings in Love and Light,
Thayna

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups

Cats Group

Join a group for

cat owners like you

Yahoo! Groups

Parenting Zone

Family and home

Tips for mom

New web site?

Drive traffic now.

Get your business

on Yahoo! search.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu