luni, 31 ianuarie 2011

[13Witches] Digest Number 7292

Messages In This Digest (11 Messages)

1a.
Re: Topic Tag--Charging for Magical Services From: Witchwy@aol.com
1b.
Re: Topic Tag--Charging for Magical Services From: Raven )O(
1c.
Re: Topic Tag--Charging for Magical Services From: Annette Breaux
1d.
Re: Topic Tag--Charging for Magical Services From: Storm Wynd
1e.
Re: Topic Tag--Charging for Magical Services From: Fran Wolfe-Johnson
2.
Brighid's Flame From: lilith_storm@mail.com
3a.
Re: Looking for Healing Chant From: Carol Gradzewicz
3b.
Re: Looking for Healing Chant From: Lady Nightshayde
4a.
Sometimes the Female Just Has to Talk From: Lady Nightshayde
4b.
Re: Sometimes the Female Just Has to Talk From: LadyHawk_Jax
5.
**Share A Spell Day**, 1/31/2011, 12:00 am From: 13Witches@yahoogroups.com

Messages

1a.

Re: Topic Tag--Charging for Magical Services

Posted by: "Witchwy@aol.com" Witchwy@aol.com   wicawitc

Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:25 am (PST)



I believe you can't get something for nothing. The exchange does not have to monetary, but there must be an exchange.

Many Blessings
Arrius

1b.

Re: Topic Tag--Charging for Magical Services

Posted by: "Raven )O(" reenehopkins@yahoo.com   reenehopkins

Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:54 am (PST)



I charge for my services. If someone cannot pay me I don't charge...I often
barter my services. The way I look at it is this: it costs me money to stay up
with times and to continually go to classes to update my healing techniques. And
it takes a lot of energy to do some of the work I do. You simply must know your
own worth. Usually the one's that I don't charge later come back and give me a
small gift or token of appreciation, which is nice too. So, I see nothing wrong
with charging someone for magickal or healing services as long as you are not
taking advantage of some poor soul!

Blessed Be
Raven

1c.

Re: Topic Tag--Charging for Magical Services

Posted by: "Annette Breaux" annettebreaux@yahoo.com   annettebreaux

Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:50 am (PST)



I have no problem with people charging for any service rendered as long as it is
reasonable. I do know some people who are so good at what they do it has
literally taken over their lives and they have had to quit or cut hours on
mundane jobs. So this is actually their job to make money and support
themselves. Priests and Priestesses have to eat too! LOL! Also if supplies are
used, they don't replace themselves for free, candles, oils, etc cost money.

Annette

________________________________

1d.

Re: Topic Tag--Charging for Magical Services

Posted by: "Storm Wynd" stormwitch01@yahoo.com   stormwitch01

Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:27 pm (PST)



13 Witches,

I think that the Rede provides a great insight to this question:

We must live and let live, fairly take and fairly give.

If a Witch provides me a product or service, I should fairly reward the Witch.
If no price is asked, I would provide an offering commensurate with the value of
the product or service to me or at least what I could comfortably offer.

Brightest Blessings,
Stormy )O(

Life is a journey,
enjoy the ride ~
just avoid kissing the trail!

________________________________
From: Lady Nightshayde <LadyNightshayde9@aol.com>
To: 13Witches@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sun, January 30, 2011 1:19:49 AM
Subject: [13Witches] Topic Tag--Charging for Magical Services

Charging for Magical Services

Is it Okay to Charge for Services?

What do you all think? Is it okay to charge for services such as divination,
classes, and so forth? It is unacceptable? Or does it depend on the amount and
what you're getting for your investment?

Love Each Day,
Lady Nightshayde

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/13Witches/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WhisperingWitches/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MagickalMeals/
http://groups.yahoo/group/NightshaydesNews

1e.

Re: Topic Tag--Charging for Magical Services

Posted by: "Fran Wolfe-Johnson" tygermoonfoxx@gmail.com   tygermoonfoxx

Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:05 pm (PST)



Every witch deserves compensation for his or her craft. The various codes
written, which by the way only apply to Wiccans and were only meant for
those covens from which they originated and not as a universal law for all
witches, do not forbid taking money for the effort put into the service or
for the supplies needed to make what the client needs. Read the Ordains,
and read them carefully.

Many of the things I do --- charms, simple remedies, bath and aromatherapy
products --- require a lot of raw material and it isn't cheap. Of course I
charge for them. I also charge for my jewelry and for my Tarot readings and
for cleansing and blessing a home or property. Again, why shouldn't I? It
costs me time to get to the place and it also costs me gas or bus fare as
well as the supplies needed for such tasks.

It seems to me that the witches in Romania want things both ways --- they
want to be recognized as legitimate professionals but they do not want to
have to do the things other legitimate professionals must do (such as pay
taxes on their income). If the tax is higher than that levied against other
professionals, that's one thing, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I pay taxes on money earned from my jewelry, aromatherapy and bath products,
and other services. I file a 1099 each year for it. The income isn't
enough most of the time to BE taxed but I still follow the letter of the
law.

In short, I don't charge for the magic. I charge for the mundane products I
have to buy in order to do the magic.

--
"Whenever the pressure of our complex city life thins my blood and numbs
my brain, I seek relief in the trail; and when I hear the coyote wailing to
the yellow dawn, my cares fall from me - I am happy."

-- Hamlin Garland

Fran Wolfe-Johnson (WalkerTXKitty)
FoxHeart Acres, FL

http://www.myhappytrails.net
2.

Brighid's Flame

Posted by: "lilith_storm@mail.com" lilith_storm@mail.com   lilith_storm

Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:13 am (PST)




This is a great ritual I use to connect to Brighid. It's from "The Witch in Every Woman" by Laurie Cabot. Enjoy!

Brighid's Flame:

This is a ritual to draw in Brighid's Light to keep you healthy,
protected & empowered. You will need black, red, and white candles.
Enough to make a circle around you while you're seated on the
floor. You will also need a red stone, usually a Ruby or a Garnet. The candle circle represents the Goddess Brighid, and the stone
represents Her Psychic Flame.
Get comfortable. Sit in a relaxed position in the center of your
circle. Light the candles and hold the red stone against your Solar
Plexus. Envision flame in the center of the stone transferring inside
your body. Feel it's heat. Say aloud:

This is my psychic flame within.
This will spur the fire of my psychic abilities.
I carry this stone as a symbol of your strength within me.
I am the Keeper of Flame.
Every time I relight a candle I rekindle my psychic ability.
I know my psychic sense guides me, protects me, heals me, and
showers me with love and self esteem.
I always use my psychic ability for the good of all people.
As a Witch I never do harm or return harm.
I neutralize and bind all evil thoughts, actions and deeds,
And let the outcome be the force of the Great Goddess Brighid.

Carry the stone close to you in your purse. Keep it near your skin or body. You may even want to carry the stone in your bra. Hold it,
handle it, touch the stone to feel the strength of your psychic sense.

)O( Lilith Storm

The villagers are coming with pitchforks and torches. Please hide me!
3a.

Re: Looking for Healing Chant

Posted by: "Carol Gradzewicz" hawkshill13@yahoo.com   hawkshill13

Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:04 pm (PST)



Lady Nightshayde, this is exactly the type of chant I was looking for! I love the simplicity of it! Thank you so much for your help!

BB,
Hawkshill

Here is one that I use:

Heal my body, heal my soul,
Goddess, Goddess, make me whole.

Love Each Day,
Lady Nightshayde

3b.

Re: Looking for Healing Chant

Posted by: "Lady Nightshayde" LadyNightshayde9@aol.com   nightshayde99

Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:36 pm (PST)





Lady Nightshayde, this is exactly the type of chant I was looking for! I love the simplicity of it! Thank you so much for your help!

You're welcome :)

Love Each Day,
Lady Nightshayde


4a.

Sometimes the Female Just Has to Talk

Posted by: "Lady Nightshayde" LadyNightshayde9@aol.com   nightshayde99

Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:31 pm (PST)

4b.

Re: Sometimes the Female Just Has to Talk

Posted by: "LadyHawk_Jax" ladyhawk_jax@yahoo.com   ladyhawk_jax

Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:29 pm (PST)



Thanks for a much needed laugh today!

Love, Light and Abundant Blessings,
LadyHawk
 
 
 

--- On Sun, 1/30/11, Lady Nightshayde <LadyNightshayde9@aol.com> wrote:

From: Lady Nightshayde <LadyNightshayde9@aol.com>
Subject: [13Witches] Sometimes the Female Just Has to Talk
To: 13Witches@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, January 30, 2011, 5:31 PM

5.

**Share A Spell Day**, 1/31/2011, 12:00 am

Posted by: "13Witches@yahoogroups.com" 13Witches@yahoogroups.com

Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:56 pm (PST)



Reminder from: 13Witches Yahoo! Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/13Witches/cal

**Share A Spell Day**
Monday January 31, 2011
All Day
(This event repeats every week.)

Notes:
It's Share A Spell Monday! Please share a spell with fellow list members.

All Rights Reserved
Copyright © 2011
Yahoo! Inc.
http://www.yahoo.com

Privacy Policy:
http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy/us

Terms of Service:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Search

Start Searching

Find everything

you're looking for.

Moderator Central

Yahoo! Groups

Join and receive

produce updates.

Y! Groups blog

the best source

for the latest

scoop on Groups.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web
Material submitted to this list is for your own personal use and is not to be forwarded without the express permission of the poster. 

Community email addresses:
  Post message: 13Witches@yahoogroups.com
  Subscribe:    13Witches-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
  Unsubscribe:  13Witches-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
  List owner:   13Witches-owner@yahoogroups.com

In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, any copyrighted work in this message is distributed under fair use without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for non-profit research and educational or criticism purposes only, and is NOT an infringement of copyright.
http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.html
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu