marți, 25 ianuarie 2011

[WitchesWorkshop] Digest Number 4635

Messages In This Digest (6 Messages)

1a.
Re: Bloody shamans - again! From: barbtrad
1b.
Re: Bloody shamans - again! From: Frater Carfax
1c.
Re: Bloody shamans - again! From: Frater Carfax
1d.
Shame-ans From: carteblanche13
2.
Email contact From: Lvxnox
3.
"Sensitive Permaculture - Cultivating the way of the sacred Earth" From: Tim Hartridge

Messages

1a.

Re: Bloody shamans - again!

Posted by: "barbtrad" barbtrad@yahoo.com.au   barbtrad

Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:04 pm (PST)



Hi Jonathan.

--- In WitchesWorkshop@yahoogroups.com, "Frater Carfax" <tzuflifu@...> wrote:
>
>
> > Shamanic curses under crucifixes! Bah! Humbug! Twaddle if I've ever seen it....Bill.
>
> > The rite was set under a giant crucifix, so they don't strike me as being very "shamany" to
> > start with.
>
> Now Bill, CB - I'm sure I would be in total error, with my Vodoun sensibilities way off track, for ever thinking that this might sound like post-modern Westerners knowing what constitutes shamanism and what doesn't under The Great Universal Anthropological Definition of Shamanism (tm), binding on all cultures, including those subjected to colonialism that might have developed syncretic survival mechanisms.
> :-P
>
>
> Luz
>
> Jonathan
>

I'm surprised you didn't use my own argument to beat me over the head. I intimated that the "Poor as bloody church mice Peruvian shamen's" magic might be found wanting against that of the rich and powerful.. but hey hang on.. if the Peruvian shamen are sheltering beneath the crucifix, Hmmmm! The crucifix represents a mob that are pretty rich and powerful too.

Perhaps their goat poo sandwiches for breakfast are not in peril after all.

Bill.

1b.

Re: Bloody shamans - again!

Posted by: "Frater Carfax" tzuflifu@yahoo.com   frater_carfax

Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:26 pm (PST)




Hey Bill (& CB)

look - I think at the end of the day can bastardise the well worn axion "I may not know Art but I know what I like"...

Maybe something to the effect of

"I may not be able to define Shamanism, but I know what shakes my rattle."

And as true enough for me as anyone else...

Luz

Jonathan

1c.

Re: Bloody shamans - again!

Posted by: "Frater Carfax" tzuflifu@yahoo.com   frater_carfax

Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:29 pm (PST)



Hey Bill (& CB)

look - I think at the end of the day we can bastardise the well worn axiom

"I may not know Art but I know what I like"...

Maybe something to the effect of

"I may not be able to define Shamanism, but I know what shakes my rattle."

And this is true enough for me as anyone else...

Luz

Jonathan

1d.

Shame-ans

Posted by: "carteblanche13" carteblanche13@yahoo.com.au   carteblanche13

Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:00 am (PST)



Hello Jonathan,

How about:

"I may not know much about THE DARK ARTS ... but I know what I like"?

--- In WitchesWorkshop@yahoogroups.com, "Frater Carfax" <tzuflifu@...> wrote:
>
> Hey Bill (& CB)
>
> look - I think at the end of the day we can bastardise the well worn axiom
>
> "I may not know Art but I know what I like"...
>
> Maybe something to the effect of
>
> "I may not be able to define Shamanism, but I know what shakes my rattle."
>
> And this is true enough for me as anyone else...
>
> Luz
>
> Jonathan
>

2.

Email contact

Posted by: "Lvxnox" lvxnox@gmail.com   leigh_blackmore

Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:43 pm (PST)



Hi

If you are receiving this email I have been in contact with you as a friend or colleague in the past.

In the interests of clearing my email address book I am emailing everyone in it and will delete the bounces. I will also delete you if you do not wish me to have your email address.

Please reply only if you wish me to REMOVE your email address from my address book

Leigh Blackmore
President, Australian Horror Writers Association
http://www.australianhorror.com/member_pages.php?page=86

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

3.

"Sensitive Permaculture - Cultivating the way of the sacred Earth"

Posted by: "Tim Hartridge" ozpagan@ozpagan.com   wwwozpagancom

Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:40 am (PST)



While this particular Taurean doesn't get into the garden quite as
often as he use to, I do get an intellectual indulgence in gardening
through the work of Alanna Moore. <http://www.geomantica.com/>

Alanna is launching a new book, "Sensitive Permaculture - Cultivating
the way of the sacred Earth". This looks to be an interesting
exploration of her unique and practical work with earth energy.
Alanna has more than two decades of experience with hands-on work
using dowsing, permaculture and working with earth energy.

vinum sabbati,
Tim

Monday February 7th from 7.30pm
Book Launch and Presentation:
'Sensitive Permaculture - Cultivating the way of the sacred Earth'
Venue: St. John's Uniting Church Hall, Cnr. Yeo & Barry Sts. Neutral Bay

Alanna Moore's newest book explores the living energies of the land
and how to connect with them.

Drawing on indigenous wisdom from Australia, Ireland and elsewhere it
combines the insights of geomancy and geobiology with eco-smart
permaculture design, offering an exciting new paradigm for
sustainable living.
Brimming with practical tips for eco-spiritual gardeners, it
encourages us to live sustainably in harmonious co-operation and
sacred custodianship of Country.

Alanna's talk will describe the other worldly work she does,
connecting to the nature spirit realms and fostering bountiful,
sustainable food production in the process. You will learn the secret
of "Big Max", the giant cabbage featured in her book, and other tips
for a truly magical gardening experience.

Sensitive Permaculture will be available for purchase at the special
price of $25, and her other books will also be sold on the night.

Hosted by The Southern Cross Academy of Light, Ph: 02 9975 4905
www.aol.org.au

Venue: The weekly SCAL meeting with meditation and guest speaker, is
held at St. John's Uniting Church Hall, Cnr. Yeo & Barry Sts. Neutral
Bay on a Monday Night. Starts at 7.30pm. Enter through Barry
Street. Cost $15 concession; $10. All welcome.

* Announcing a new networking blog for Sydneysiders:
the SYDNEY SPIRITUAL ENQUIRER!
http://www.spiritualenquirer.blogspot.com

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web
____________________ ooo)(0({O})0)(ooo____________________

Witches Workshop hold regular workshops see
http://www.witchesworkshop.com/Circle/circle_workshop.html

Keep up to date via our WitchesWorshop Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sydney-Australia/WitchesWorkshop/135651219624

WitchesWorkshop and Witch Camp Australia also run camps
several times a year - check out our websites for updates.
http://www.witchcampaustralia.org.au
http://www.witchesworkshop.com
___________________________________________________________

The WitchesWorkshop egroup holds the expectation that a
tolerant and respectful dialogue be strived for in our  
communication with other pagans, witches magicians, et al.
Members are encouraged to challenge anyone not adhering
to these principles & to notify owner.

info@witchesworkshop.com
___________________________________________________________

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu