luni, 31 ianuarie 2011

[Witch_Essentials] Digest Number 2790

Messages In This Digest (8 Messages)

1.
Hello: From: VerenaK
2a.
Re: Hi everyone! Free Readings From: VerenaK
2b.
Re: Hi everyone! Free Readings From: ahmad mahdali
3a.
is wicca belongs to woman? From: ahmad mahdali
3b.
Re: Does Wicca Belong to Women. From: Blackbird
3c.
Re: Does Wicca Belong to Women. - A simple Mediation. From: Blackbird
4.
Moderator's note Readings. From: Blackbird
5.
To be as a Flower - Mediation II From: Blackbird

Messages

1.

Hello:

Posted by: "VerenaK" crystallady53@charter.net   twinklestar12001

Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:43 am (PST)



I'm new here and starting working with the cards alittle bit. I have the
Rider-Waite deck as well as the Handson-Roberts deck. I picked those 2
descks because of the beautiful art-work in them, and they just stood
out to me . I learned the regular deck (playing cards) years ago, from
a lady I worked with who was going blind, and I had wrote down those
meanings on a peice of paper for years, and carried them around with me
at work. When we would get snowed in at work, we would get together, and
I would read for people, and people would come back to me, and tell me,
that what I read came true or I nailed it, whatever I was reading about.
I switched over to learning the tarot later and found that the tarot and
the regular deck, have things in common. (to clear up some things, I
worked at a hotel, which had over 400 rooms, and when we got snow, they
would let us stay at the hotel, so we would be there to work) but I want
to learn more, so that is why I joined this group. Thanks
2a.

Re: Hi everyone! Free Readings

Posted by: "VerenaK" crystallady53@charter.net   twinklestar12001

Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:45 am (PST)




I would love a reading, because I've had so much problems going on in my
life, and I'm hoping for a better year, and my bane is Verena, and my
birthday is 12-10-1953

>
> I am new to angel reading and I would like to get some more practice.
If you would be kind enough to let me do a reading for you. It would be
greatly appreciated.
>
> Please send me a message with your name, birthday, and question.
>
> I will do my best to be accurate. Please take into consideration that
I'm just starting out.
>
> Love always,
>
> Katrina
>

2b.

Re: Hi everyone! Free Readings

Posted by: "ahmad mahdali" dhali_pure@yahoo.co.uk   dhali_pure

Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:45 am (PST)



Hi Katrina (and for you all)
hope your offer reading still available...

now I have my second deck, 'The Old Path' Tarot and still learning it and trying to get a connection with it. but deepen my heart it's really hard to recognize that we've connected :( and I'm planning to buy the third (Druidcraft tarot)
as I tell in my revious mail, In My country.. there's no access to get any guide or information about wicca,, and also there's limited local shop that provide tarot card and also with limited various card that they offer to make me feel a shock connection and love in the first time I saw them. and finally... I get my both tarot in Amazon.com and off course the third also (the third is still planning)

and my question is (for you katrina or for all of you that can help)..
could you please read (or anything) for me.. what kind of tarot that will suit for me?
My Name: Achmad Mahdali
BOD: 11 July 1984

and can U give me a spell to get connection feeling with my tarot..
and.. how to do a meditation with my deck?
guide/teach me please..

Thank you and Blessed be..
Ahmad.

--- On Wed, 12/1/11, katrina_cavazos@yahoo.com <katrina_cavazos@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: katrina_cavazos@yahoo.com <katrina_cavazos@yahoo.com>
Subject: [Witch_Essentials] Hi everyone! Free Readings
To: Witch_Essentials@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, 12 January, 2011, 0:25

 

I am new to angel reading and I would like to get some more practice. If you would be kind enough to let me do a reading for you. It would be greatly appreciated.

Please send me a message with your name, birthday, and question.

I will do my best to be accurate. Please take into consideration that I'm just starting out.

Love always,

Katrina

3a.

is wicca belongs to woman?

Posted by: "ahmad mahdali" dhali_pure@yahoo.co.uk   dhali_pure

Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:45 am (PST)



I love all about wicca, and now I'm still learning all about wicca by Internet, blogs also aff course by joining this group, and other (because in my country, there's no access to get any information about wicca as well).
but one question.. is Wicca a religion belong to woman?
because all picture or information that I get about wicca, all focused on woman.
whether in vain for me (man) to learn and practice it? and..
can you guide/teach me a basic knowledge about meditation and to practice it..?
I hope meditation can help me to make me feel in peace,calm and no harm always..
**sorry if my english too bad for you, because I'm still learning it also :)

Blessed be..
Ahmad.

3b.

Re: Does Wicca Belong to Women.

Posted by: "Blackbird" blackbird_61@yahoo.com   blackbird_61

Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:23 pm (PST)




Hi Ahmad,

I would say no Wicca is not just for women,

that said; the true answer is not as simple as all that really. Now to
be perfectly clear, I am Pagan, not Wiccan; but I have been Pagan 30
years; and I believe I know Wicca well enough through my many friends,
associates, and reading to give a useful answer to your question.

Wicca of course was founded by a Man - Gerald Gardener.

It was carried to the US by a Man - Raymond Buckland.

It honors a God, (often Cernuous) as Well as the Goddess, (often Dianna,
or Aradia) and as such is a Duo-Theistic Religion.

But I believe any serious student of the subject will soon realize the
Goddess definitely gets top billing; it's very much like going to a move
staring Scarlett Johansson, and some guy you've never heard of, we all
know who is the star.

"According to Gerald Gardner, "the Goddess" is a deity of prime
importance, along with her consort the Horned God. In the earliest
Wiccan publications, she is described as a tribal goddess of the witch
community, neither omnipotent nor universal, and it was recognised that
there was a greater "Prime Mover", although the witches did not concern
themselves much with this being.[21] Gardner, Gerald (1988) [1959]. The
Meaning of Witchcraft. Lakemont, GA US: Copple House Books. pp.
26â??27. ISBN 0939708027.

So we see that stress on the Goddess reflected in your Question, and
your Research; certainly far more women resonate with Wicca, than men;
just now. Certainly for many women Wicca offers a chance to experience
and celebrate the spark of Deity with-in themselves that Abrahamic
religions are lacking. And so we see a decided majority of Wiccan's, and
Wiccan Author's are women; but the path certainly is not barred to us.

Raven Grimassi, A Stregga Author is Quite prolific, very serious in his
research, and a dedicated male devotee of the Goddess.

The Last Scott Cunningham, opened the Doors for many new Wiccan's

And Raymond Buckland is still and Active Author.

Of course,
One (as a man) has to give up the notion that the image of Deity is
something of a Self Portrait, and that things associated with the male.
Assertiveness, Reason, A certain hardness are Virtues; and things
associated with the Female; Receptiveness, Instinct, a certain softness
are somehow wanting. And there are of course a ton more. Light Male Dark
Female and so on.

For me,
Well that was no great loss, for one since I was 14 and I looked up at a
Statue of Mary, I knew I saw something of Divinity there; I didn't have
a name of it yet, but it was there none the less. At the same time one
of my problems with the Abrahamic Tradition definitely was a sense that
as a man, one was worshiping one's self; and I feel we have quite enough
of that in our world.

While I think The Goddess offers something different for women, Lets
face it in Modern (non-pagan) usage Goddess has become synonymous with
"Lovely Plush Toy." it is ultimately a very patriarchal usage IMHO; I
believe women absolutely need something to connect to that gives them
value as actual human beings, not just as mothers, and plush-toys.

But thats not really a reason for walking a spiritual path, not IMHO
anyway; there has to go along with it a belief in some measure of
reality of that which you are honoring (worshiping?); for me that comes
down to my 10 year long conversation with Nan. Ellen Cannon Reed speaks
of her Conversations with Bast and Rae in her Circle of Isis. I know
there are many pagans that see the Gods as Psychological Archetypes; but
I am not of that School, I have no real doubt that there are real
spiritual beings who exist independently of us, who have helped us along
our way, and who we have for thousands of years called the Gods. Are
they that Ultimate Deity/Godhead that Philosophers have wrestled with
for thousands of years, no; probably not; they are like us; and I like
that about them; they too are Spirits living in this world perhaps
seeking a way back to the source, perhaps not. The Hindu's believe this
is so, indeed, the Hindu's have a rich tradition of learned speculation
on this subject and it is worth exploring.

For me
This has been really the easist part; I was Pagan before I had a word
for it, I had sense of awe for the goddess from an early age; and I have
served Nan well (I hope) and faithfully for some years now. This is a
path a man can walk, but it is path where a man must learn that his
maleness does not entitle him to the right of way.

I hope this helps. I hope my choice of words has not been too
challanging. And I hope you find it in yourself to continue on the
Goddess Honoring Path.

Blessings, BB.

--- In Witch_Essentials@yahoogroups.com, ahmad mahdali <dhali_pure@...>
wrote:
>
I love all about wicca, and now I'm still learning all about wicca by
Internet, blogs also aff course by joining this group, and other
(because in my country, there's no access to get any information about
wicca as well).
but one question.. is Wicca a religion belong to woman?
because all picture or information that I get about wicca, all focused
on woman.
whether in vain for me (man) to learn and practice it? and..
can you guide/teach me a basic knowledge about meditation and to
practice it..?
I hope meditation can help me to make me feel in peace,calm and no harm
always..
**sorry if my english too bad for you, because I'm still learning it
also :)

Blessed be..
Ahmad.


3c.

Re: Does Wicca Belong to Women. - A simple Mediation.

Posted by: "Blackbird" blackbird_61@yahoo.com   blackbird_61

Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:49 pm (PST)




Ok

I want you to spend a few moments breathing deep and slow, just
breathing.

In -2-3-4
Out 2 3 4

In -2-3-4
Out 2-3-4

In -2-3-4
Out 2 3 4

This is called four-fold breath and is a basic mediative technique. Its
slow steady rythem will alter you mindspace.

In -2-3-4
Out 2 3 4

Now I want you to spend some time with a simple chant, use mine as a
model to create your own. "Innana Ki, Teach me of Thee."

In an a Ki
In -2-3-4

Teach me of Thee
Out 2 3 4

Some members will know this is based on Ellen Cannon Reeds Chant. Found
in her book Circle of Isis, "Osiris Lord, Teach me of Thee."
O Si ris Lord
In -2-3-4

Teach me of Thee
Out 2 3 4
Spend some time each day this week with the chant perhaps 10-15 minutes,
dont make endurance an issue; take it slowly, let it clear the clutter
from your mind, if something comes you, let it come, if it speaks to
you, if you learn by it, relax, let it come. If it is 'Clutter' relax,
but let it pass, let it go, return to the chant.

Ama tu ANKI, BB.

4.

Moderator's note Readings.

Posted by: "Blackbird" blackbird_61@yahoo.com   blackbird_61

Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:55 am (PST)




Please reply to offers by Readers off list.

Readers looking to practice their craft are welcome to offer readings on
list, but please do not reply to your Querants on the board, as after
all a reading can get quite personal and we want to show a little
discretion here.

If you wish to post a reading to the group, please anonymise the reading
by removing the Q's name perhaps replacing it with something like, Q&&&
or P&&& for partners affected by the reading.

We absolutely want members to feel comfortable about discussing reading,
Tarot, Runes, Astrology, et al; on the board, but we again ask Querants
to reply to offers to read off list, so we are not spaming other members
with requests that have nothing really to do with themselves.

Brightest Blessings All, BB.

5.

To be as a Flower - Mediation II

Posted by: "Blackbird" blackbird_61@yahoo.com   blackbird_61

Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:56 pm (PST)




In this Story Ara teaches her Daughter Pandora a basic Mediation; I
believe the story is a sweet little story on it's own, but it can also
serve as either a guided mediation, or a bit of instruction in "on site"
mediations if we can call them that.

Blessings, BB.

_________________________________
Be As a Flower
Ara found Pandora working with Bevel in the garden, helping him remove
the weeds from a row of herbs. She looked up brightly and ran to Momma
wrapped her knee in a tight hug. "Bevel says I am becoming quite a help
in the garden, aren't I Bevel. :)"

"She works hard and is mindful of what she does, you would be proud of
her lady."

"I am. If she may be excused I wish her to accompany me today."

"Go with Momma Pandora, she has another lesson for you today."

----------------

They stopped beside a bend in a little brook. Ara sat down just by the
edge of the bank, "Sit with me Pandora. We must be as a flower, sit just
so." And Pandora sat crossed legged beside her mother.

"Feel your breath let your mind be full of your breath."

"Yes Momma."

"A flower is silent Pandora, do not anwser unless you truly need too,
just listen and do as I say."

"Yes Momma." :)

Sit quite still. ... Like a flower you have roots ... feel your roots
sink down into the rich earth. Sit up quite straight feel the strength
of Momma Ki flow up the stem of your inner flower. Let you hands be the
leaves, let your face be the flower itself. Feel the strength of
Momma-Ki flow up your stem into your leaves.

"Feel your breath. Let your mind be full of your breath. Give your
breath your full attention."
.
.
.
Move your attention to the tip of your nose. Feel your attention on the
tip of your nose.
.
.
.
Notice how the water of the Brook appears to be just beyond the tip of
your nose.
.
Yes Momma.
.
Move your attention just past the tip of your nose into the Brook.
.
.
.
Notice the water dancing over the stones, let your mind be full of the
water dancing over the stones.
.
.
.
Notice how the water sparkles with the gift of Lord Uttu's light.
.
.
.
Let your attention sink into the Brook. As it sinks into the Brook your
focus will narrow, but you will see more and more.
.
.
.
I see a triangle of three stones I see the water dancing around them,
see them with me Pandora. .
.
.
Listen to the laughter in the water, smell the rich earth in the air,
see the water dancing over three little stones.
.
.
.
See how Uttu's light dances like glitter on the water between the little
stones.
.
.
.
Return to your breath Pandora, feel your breath in yourself.
.
.
.
Return to your Nose... Return to the tip of your nose ... Return to the
three little stones.
.
.
.
Feel the water dancing over the three little stones.
.
.
.
See the leaf riding by. Let your attention follow the leaf. Let it be
our little boat carrying us to new wonders. Follow the leaf without
turning your head... then let her go...
.
.
.
Return to your breath. ... Return to your Nose. ... Return to the tip of
your nose. ... Return to three little stones.
.
.
.
Let your mind sink
.
.
.
Let your mind touch just the stone nearest to us.
.
.
.
Notice the just how it is cut.
.
.
.
Notic how its shape is its own. ... It is squared yet not Square ...
Rounded Yet not round ... It is a unique gift of Momma Ki ... Notice it
is beautifal.
.
.
.
Notice how the water dances by ... Notice how it washes the stone ...
carresses the stone ... but never quite covers the stone.
.
.
.
Relax, let your attention be one with the stone.
.
.
.
What do you see Pandora
.
.
.
I see a the stone.
.
.
.
Sink deeper into the stone what do you see.
.
.
.
Its like a tiny ridge. Like a scale of the dragon.
.
.
.
Very good Pandora.
.
.
.
Listen to the water, be mindful of the stone. Perhaps we will hear the
Whisper of the Dragon.

Ama tu ANKI.

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups

Parenting Zone

Tips for family,

kids and living

New business?

Get new customers.

List your web site

in Yahoo! Search.

Y! Groups blog

The place to go

to stay informed

on Groups news!

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu