joi, 17 martie 2011

[13Witches] Digest Number 7343

Messages In This Digest (25 Messages)

1.1.
Re: Merry Meet! From: Tom Rogers
1.2.
Re: Merry Meet! From: Annette Breaux
1.3.
Re: Merry Meet! From: John Wilcox
1.4.
Re: Merry Meet! From: Lady Nightshayde
2a.
Daily Cosmic Calendar From: Lady Nightshayde
3a.
Re: 3D Screw Portraits--Amazing From: Amber Texas
4a.
Newbies & Lurkers From: Storm Wynd
4b.
Re: Newbies & Lurkers From: Beth Patterson
5a.
Re: testing From: Amber Texas
6.
Re: 3-D Screw Portraits--Amazing From: Lady Nightshayde
7a.
Re: Students Protest 10 Commandments Removal From: Carol
7b.
Re: Students Protest 10 Commandments Removal From: Beth Patterson
8.
No Offense to the Irish..... From: Lady Nightshayde
9a.
Celebrate the Bring Back the Snakes Day This Year From: Lady Nightshayde
9b.
Re: Celebrate the Bring Back the Snakes Day This Year From: Beth Patterson
9c.
Re: Celebrate the Bring Back the Snakes Day This Year From: Lady Nightshayde
9d.
Re: Celebrate the Bring Back the Snakes Day This Year From: Beth Patterson
10.1.
Thought for the Day From: Lady Nightshayde
11a.
(no subject) From: Just Me
11b.
Re: (unknown) From: Elizabeth Forster
12.
Daily Feng Shui Tip for March 17 From: Lady Nightshayde
13.
DailyOM: Accepting Our Calling From: Beth Patterson
14.
Who Was the 'Real' St. Patrick?" From: Lady Nightshayde
15a.
Re: Fw: 6 Ways You Can Help Animals in Japan Right Now | Charities | From: Lady Nightshayde
16.1.
Aromatherapy Tip From: Lady Nightshayde

Messages

1.1.

Re: Merry Meet!

Posted by: "Tom Rogers" golferonefore@yahoo.com   golferonefore

Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:00 am (PDT)



Hi there,
 
I am trying to find a group near Wilimington NC to join, any ideas?????

--- On Mon, 1/3/11, lady_diamond_light <urhere4u@yahoo.ca> wrote:

From: lady_diamond_light <urhere4u@yahoo.ca>
Subject: [13Witches] Re: Merry Meet!
To: 13Witches@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, January 3, 2011, 12:28 PM

 

Welcome to the Group Aspen May, Merry meet!
I am new to formal Wicca and have never worked with a group. I would like to I just don't know of any here in Canada.
Blessed Be!
Lady Diamond Light

I find being part of Pagan themed chat groups helps me fill the need to feel part of a greater whole.

1.2.

Re: Merry Meet!

Posted by: "Annette Breaux" annettebreaux@yahoo.com   annettebreaux

Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:10 am (PDT)



Have you tried witchvox?

Annette

________________________________
From: Tom Rogers <golferonefore@yahoo.com>
To: 13Witches@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thu, March 17, 2011 12:00:13 PM
Subject: Re: [13Witches] Re: Merry Meet!

1.3.

Re: Merry Meet!

Posted by: "John Wilcox" jwilcox154@gmail.com   jwilcox154

Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:35 am (PDT)



Merry meet everyone,

My name is John and I am a 36 year old man living in Richmond, Indiana.
Richmond sits just south of I-70 just to the east of the Indiana-Ohio
border. Almost all of my life I have been raised Methodist even though
my family and I never went to church. In the late 1990s and 2000s I
have hopped around from church to church, mainly Pentecostal as none
really felt right. I just couldn't put my finger on it and I just
stopped going all together. Then just last year I started dating a
wonderful woman who is Wiccan. One day I asked her about Wicca as I
knew very little about it. When she described what Wicca is I became
very interested. Through her I have met another wonderful friend online
who lives in the UK.

By Sept of last year I have started to read about Wicca, mainly online.
As my interests in Wicca grew my girlfriend recommended that I purchase
Scott Cunningham's book "Wicca A guide for the solitary practitioner"
along with two other books. The more I read the books the more I felt
like I had been on the wrong spiritual path all my life. Today I
proudly consider myself a Wiccan who has just started on a spiritual
journey. As I travel along my spiritual path I look forward to meeting
new people and learning all there is to know to grow spiritually.

One of my interests is photography and one of the things I love to
photograph is nature, preferably beautiful background shots. I look
forward to meeting pagans and other Wiccans both online and in my area.

Aspen, I wish you the best of luck on your spiritual path as well.

Blessed be
John Wilcox

On 1/2/2011 11:43 AM, Aspen May wrote:
>
> I am a 39 year old woman living in California's central valley. I am a
> self taught, solitary Wiccan practitioner, though I was lucky enough
> to find a good working group for about six months early on, so I've
> had a tiny bit of working with a group. I started studying Wicca about
> twelve years ago. Over the last five years or so, different time
> constraints started pulling at me. While my beliefs never changed I
> found myself falling out of the practice. At this point, I'm wanting
> to reconnect, and while I enjoy solitary practice I find being part of
> Pagan themed chat groups helps me fill the need to feel part of a
> greater whole.
>
>
>

1.4.

Re: Merry Meet!

Posted by: "Lady Nightshayde" LadyNightshayde9@aol.com   nightshayde99

Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:42 am (PDT)





My name is John and I am a 36 year old man living in Richmond, Indiana. Richmond sits just south of I-70 just to the east of the Indiana-Ohio border.
Merry meet and welcome to our group John. I believe you will like it here.

Love Each Day,
Lady Nightshayde


The light of a hundred stars cannot equal the light of the Moon.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/13Witches/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WhisperingWitches/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MagickalMeals/
http://groups.yahoo/group/NightshaydesNews

2a.

Daily Cosmic Calendar

Posted by: "Lady Nightshayde" LadyNightshayde9@aol.com   nightshayde99

Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:13 am (PDT)



Daily Cosmic Calendar for Thursday, March 17

The next Full Moon is only two days away - occurring on Saturday March 19 at 11:11AM PDT. Under this approaching solar-lunar enlightenment, you want to prepare by raising your consciousness accordingly. Think more about your higher destiny as a soul/spirit inhabiting human form. Eliminate negative thought patterns and emotional stumbling blocks.

If tensions are rattling your nerves, join the club - especially as Mercury makes an abrasive, 45-degree tie to Ceres (2:50AM PDT) while the Sun and Moon antagonize one another from Pisces to Leo via an off-kilter, 150-degree contact (8:37AM PDT). Later on the Moon makes its monthly opposition to Neptune (12:59PM PDT) - a short-lived lunar aspect, but one that sometimes ignites temporary confusion, particularly on the relationship front.

This month's Moon-Neptune polarity also starts a void lunar cycle that lasts until 1:54PM PDT when the Moon enters meticulous and industrious Virgo. During the 55-minute void lunar twilight zone, finish old business on a high note.

Once the Moon transits into earthy Virgo, it is a good idea to focus your attention on health, dietary and nutritional needs. Stock up on cereals, grains, tea, herbs, lotions, vitamins, minerals, nuts, seeds and seasonings. The little things in life become more important to study and observe.

While a Mercury-Neptune abrasive, 45-degree tie (7:33PM PDT) can stir up more evening uncertainty, the Messenger of the Gods moves on just 7 minutes later to form an inspirational, 72-degree connection to Pallas (7:40PM PDT). This latter aspect is terrific for problem-solving, strategizing, conducting research and strengthening your immune system. Enjoy card, board or word games with pals tonight.

from www.astrology.com

Love Each Day,
Lady Nightshayde


The light of a hundred stars cannot equal the light of the Moon.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/13Witches/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WhisperingWitches/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MagickalMeals/
http://groups.yahoo/group/NightshaydesNews

3a.

Re: 3D Screw Portraits--Amazing

Posted by: "Amber Texas" ambertexas64@yahoo.com   ambertexas64

Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:49 am (PDT)



could someone please send me the link or the original mail that went with this, sounds
amazing and would love to see these
thank you so much
and for everyone that is sending info on negativity and being a huge albatross and answering the
35 ?...
thank you so much...
i feel like my world does not have a floor to stand on right now.
blessings upon you all
Goddess shows her full glory tomorrow  night
love
amber

From: Beth Patterson <purrrpaws4444@yahoo.com>
To: 13Witches@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2011 12:13 AM
Subject: Re: [13Witches] 3D Screw Portraits--Amazing

 

Very Cool!  Some people are so creative.

Beth
Blessed, Mystical, Magickal Cats
                       &
Curious, Creative, Clever Bunnies

--- On Thu, 3/17/11, Lady Nightshayde <LadyNightshayde9@aol.com> wrote:

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>


4a.

Newbies & Lurkers

Posted by: "Storm Wynd" stormwitch01@yahoo.com   stormwitch01

Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:50 am (PDT)



To all recent new members of 13 Witches,

I have been so busy with the mundane issues of my life that I have not had the
time to properly greet the new members to the Circle called 13 Witches.

Merry Meet you guys!

If you have been a lurker and are a little hesitant about jumping in. Come on
in, the water is fine!

There is so much to share and so much to learn.

Lady Nightshayde has created a wonderful and inclusive place for Witches of all
types and levels to sip some coffee and stir the cauldron.

The Witches are here and there's Magick afoot!

Brightest Blessings,
Stormy )O(

Life is a journey,
enjoy the ride ~
just avoid kissing the trail!
4b.

Re: Newbies & Lurkers

Posted by: "Beth Patterson" purrrpaws4444@yahoo.com   purrrpaws4444

Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:10 pm (PDT)



DITTO WHAT STORMY SAID !!

Beth
Blessed, Mystical, Magickal Cats
                       &
Curious, Creative, Clever Bunnies

--- On Thu, 3/17/11, Storm Wynd <stormwitch01@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Storm Wynd <stormwitch01@yahoo.com>
Subject: [13Witches] Newbies & Lurkers
To: "13 Witches" <13Witches@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Thursday, March 17, 2011, 5:31 PM

To all recent new members of 13 Witches,

I have been so busy with the mundane issues of my life that I have not had the time to properly greet the new members to the Circle called 13 Witches.

Merry Meet you guys!

If you have been a lurker and are a little hesitant about jumping in. Come on in, the water is fine!

There is so much to share and so much to learn.

Lady Nightshayde has created a wonderful and inclusive place for Witches of all types and levels to sip some coffee and stir the cauldron.

The Witches are here and there's Magick afoot!

 Brightest Blessings,
Stormy )O(

Life is a journey,
enjoy the ride ~
just avoid kissing the trail!

5a.

Re: testing

Posted by: "Amber Texas" ambertexas64@yahoo.com   ambertexas64

Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:54 am (PDT)



Got it!!!
blessings
amber

From: lionaire <lion1@embarqmail.com>
To: 13Witches@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 11:16 PM
Subject: [13Witches] testing

 


None of my e-mails seem to be coming through so
this is just a test.
 
Pat aka Lionaire
 

The problem isn't getting old,

It's getting ourselves to accept it.

Anonymous
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 10.0.1204 / Virus Database: 1498/3510 - Release Date: 03/16/11


6.

Re: 3-D Screw Portraits--Amazing

Posted by: "Lady Nightshayde" LadyNightshayde9@aol.com   nightshayde99

Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:01 am (PDT)




Attached Message

From:
Amber Texas <ambertexas64@yahoo.com>

To:
13Witches@yahoogroups.com <13Witches@yahoogroups.com>

Cc:
masterofstarvingbrat@gmail.com <masterofstarvingbrat@gmail.com>

Subject:
Re: [13Witches] 3D Screw Portraits--Amazing

Date:
Thu, 17 Mar 2011 10:51:27 -0700 (PDT)

Absolutely amazing, ingenuity and creativity, i have it...it's just on vacation right now... ;9
amber

7a.

Re: Students Protest 10 Commandments Removal

Posted by: "Carol" hawkshill13@yahoo.com   hawkshill13

Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:33 am (PDT)



It always seems strange to me how many rail that God is being taken out of schools, when religion is not supposed to be a part of public schools in the first place! The perception that the United States is a Christian country undoubtedly leads to an "Us Versus Them" dichotomy--it is sad that many of the students who walked out probably view the removal of the Ten Commandments as a sign of the End, and nonbelievers as the enemy. It might be a good move for some schools to institute a class teaching about the various religions--not from a theological perspective, but a simple real-world, comparative perspective. Because the differences are not, at the end of the day, very great, and it would be such an improvement to our world if these students would learn to accept others, and even befriend others, no matter their personal faiths and beliefs.

BB,
Hawkshill

7b.

Re: Students Protest 10 Commandments Removal

Posted by: "Beth Patterson" purrrpaws4444@yahoo.com   purrrpaws4444

Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:14 pm (PDT)



Carol, I believe this would be a good thing also.

Beth
Blessed, Mystical, Magickal Cats
                       &
Curious, Creative, Clever Bunnies

--- On Thu, 3/17/11, Carol <hawkshill13@yahoo.com> wrote:

It might be a good move for some schools to institute a class teaching about the various religions--not from a theological perspective, but a simple real-world, comparative perspective. Because the differences are not, at the end of the day, very great, and it would be such an improvement to our world if these students would learn to accept others, and even befriend others, no matter their personal faiths and beliefs.

BB,
Hawkshill

8.

No Offense to the Irish.....

Posted by: "Lady Nightshayde" LadyNightshayde9@aol.com   nightshayde99

Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:51 am (PDT)





March 17th, 2011
No Offense to the Irish ~ But I Won't Be Celebrating St. Patrick's Day

How could I?
Green is a nice color. One of my favorite in fact. Mint green is a very soothing color. I've been discussing it's positive energy healing properties lately on the Lightgrid website with others who pray for the planet and it's people every single day.
Irish folks are interesting and they have a lovely isle.
But St. Patrick! Hmmmm.
How could I possibly celebrate the death and removing from their natural habitat so magnificent a creature as the snake? I simply can not.
They are misunderstood.
Yes.
They are feared.
Yes.
They are evil.
No!
They are wonderful creatures with many benefits both practically and in an esoteric or metaphysical way.
From a practical perspective, they keep down the rodent population. If you've lived on a farm or out in the country somewhere, you know how quickly rodents can multiply. They carry disease and are quite detrimental to the health of humans.
I have to admit, they are a little creepy and a bit scary at times.
I was talking to my mom on a portable phone one day. I went outside to get something. Just as I came around the corner of my house and was about to step down, I felt some resistance under my foot. I looked down and discovered my foot was touching the top of the head of a 6 foot long bull snake. (They look a lot like a rattler).
Well. I obviously didn't step down. The snake looked at me. I looked at it. I said "Hello" in a very surprised voice. We were both fairly startled. I guess the bull snake was a bit too startled because I never saw it again. It used to live in a hole behind my house. Twice I got full length skins after it shed. And the whole time I lived in New Mexico, I never saw rattlers on my property. They steer clear of bull snakes. So, the bull snake had been a wanted friend.
Whenever I see snakes ~ even on TV ~ I have dreams that night about them. They are one of my totem animals ~ my spirit guide, helper animals. They represent Kundalini rising and many other things. Egyptian Pharaohs wore a head ornament that had the head of a snake positioned right at the third eye ~ representing fully awakened Kundalini. That means enlightenment. If you've ever experienced Kundalini rising, you know how powerful that can be.
Ancient cultures often show goddesses holding snakes. And the snakes aren't dead.
I've had two lucid dream / visions about going through what I will call a snake initiation.
In one, I was bitten by a snake. The venum began to spread throughout my body. I could feel it moving from the original location of the bite, and slowly spreading all throughout my body. Instead of being a terrible thing. It was actually quite euphoric. It felt fabulous, wonderful, magnificent.
Not that I'd go out and try to find a snake to bite me in normal reality. But the energy of it is very powerful and transformational. Like working with violet flame, or kundalini, or the energetics I work with every day with Dancing Dolphin Essences for healing and transformation.
The other snake vision was a full initiation in what I would guess to be some sort of Egyptian-type mystery school. I had apparently gone through all my lessons, mastered whatever I needed to master, and was facing my final test. I was wearing a beautiful goddess type dress. It was a square room. Steps lead down from the door. All the way around the room there was a walkway, or ledge. People, teachers, other initiates (I'm guessing), were standing around the edge looking down.
I descended the stairs. In the center of the room at this lower level was a king cobra. My job, which I had to do literally risking my life, was come up to the snake and kiss it on top of it's head.
Just like the time I did an actual fire walk, there is this feeling of knowing you can. There is no fear. You simply drop your brainwaves into a certain level (a trance-like state ~ which is as easy for me as breathing). You don't think. You simply trust and move with the moment.
I descended the stairs and stood still as the cobra rose up to full height – which meant looking me straight in the eye. It was a huge snake.
Anyway, if anyone around the ledge had even moved, sneezed, made a sound of any kind, I was dead. Just like that. So, I had to trust them. I had to trust myself. I had to trust the snake.
As we stared each other down, I began to move closer. I don't remember the actual details, or how long it took, but the snake did lower it's head for me to kiss and I was now a full initiate.
Not sure why that is important to share, but snakes are very important creatures.
I used to attend workshops at Heart of the Goddess near Philadelphia. I took a class on snake medicine one afternoon. We saw image after image of female goddess statues holding snakes. We learned that snakes are the perfect teachers in the right use of energy. They never waste any. They stay coiled up until they are ready to strike. And when they do that, it is with great power and speed. Fascinating to observe. Then we put a snake around our shoulders and held it. I've still got a photo of me with it somewhere.
If you want to know more about animal medicine, check out Animal Speak by Ted Andrews.
http://www.debbieshelor.com/?p=165&preview=true

Love Each Day,
Lady Nightshayde


The light of a hundred stars cannot equal the light of the Moon.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/13Witches/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WhisperingWitches/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MagickalMeals/
http://groups.yahoo/group/NightshaydesNews

9a.

Celebrate the Bring Back the Snakes Day This Year

Posted by: "Lady Nightshayde" LadyNightshayde9@aol.com   nightshayde99

Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:53 am (PDT)




Celebrate Bring Back the Snakes Day this year!!!

Posted by Wulfnor on March 6, 2010 at 4:00am
View Wulfnor's blog

Greetings,
Well it's getting close to that time of year again. When the stereotype of the eternally inebriated Irish Man is celebrated with St. Patrick's Day. The question is are you, as a card carrying Pagan, ready to break the mold? An celebrate your affinity for Old School Irish/Celtic Spirituality & Culture. In a fun, tongue in cheek sort of way.
When I was living down in S. Oregon a decade ago, at the turn of the Twenty First Century. Some Pagan friends of mine and I decided that something really needed to be done about it. So we started our own Pagan Anti-St. Patrick's Day Celebration. Calling it "Bring Back The Snakes Day". Since St. Patrick was known for driving the Snakes out of Ireland. (See Attachment Below) Modern science tells us that there haven't been any actual snakes in Ireland until atleast before the last Ice Age. The aformentioned "Snakes" of course, are an allegory for the Pagan beliefs and rites that the native peoples of the Emerald Isle had been practicing in one form or another, since before the dawn of history.
So on the appointed day, grab your fellow Coven, Grove members and/or and/or whomever will be seen with you in public. . An go down to your favorite Watering Hole. An raise your mug of Green Beer and make a toast "To Bringing back the Snakes"!!! It's sure to bring an odd look or two from the normal St, Patty's Day Revelers. If you really want to be hardcore. Along with your normal Pagan regalia that you feel comfortable wearing and public. Add a couple of good sized plastic/rubber snakes coiled around your neck. Sorta like people do with those plastic beads at Mardi Gras. Better yet, wear a real one if you have it! An if you're lucky enough to get flashed, you can give'em a snake instead of beads! Real or otherwise!:)

Blessings and Laughter,
Wulfnor

http://api.ning.com/files/m4LWxBUdBnoL5kDyHzdKr5NNvqbQpRxvsMaPNf

Love Each Day,
Lady Nightshayde


The light of a hundred stars cannot equal the light of the Moon.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/13Witches/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WhisperingWitches/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MagickalMeals/
http://groups.yahoo/group/NightshaydesNews

9b.

Re: Celebrate the Bring Back the Snakes Day This Year

Posted by: "Beth Patterson" purrrpaws4444@yahoo.com   purrrpaws4444

Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:23 pm (PDT)



Love it !!!  But, I'm a crazy snake lover...........................

Beth
Blessed, Mystical, Magickal Cats
                       &
Curious, Creative, Clever Bunnies

--- On Thu, 3/17/11, Lady Nightshayde <LadyNightshayde9@aol.com> wrote: 

Celebrate Bring Back the Snakes Day this year!!!

9c.

Re: Celebrate the Bring Back the Snakes Day This Year

Posted by: "Lady Nightshayde" LadyNightshayde9@aol.com   nightshayde99

Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:12 pm (PDT)





Love it !!! But, I'm a crazy snake lover...........................

Beth

As am I.

Love Each Day,
Lady Nightshayde


The light of a hundred stars cannot equal the light of the Moon.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/13Witches/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WhisperingWitches/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MagickalMeals/
http://groups.yahoo/group/NightshaydesNews

9d.

Re: Celebrate the Bring Back the Snakes Day This Year

Posted by: "Beth Patterson" purrrpaws4444@yahoo.com   purrrpaws4444

Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:51 pm (PDT)



I know................................ you posted pix for me once.

Beth
Blessed, Mystical, Magickal Cats
                       &
Curious, Creative, Clever Bunnies

--- On Thu, 3/17/11, Lady Nightshayde <LadyNightshayde9@aol.com> wrote:

 

Love it !!!  But, I'm a crazy snake lover...........................

Beth

As am I.
 
Love Each Day,
Lady Nightshayde
 

10.1.

Thought for the Day

Posted by: "Lady Nightshayde" LadyNightshayde9@aol.com   nightshayde99

Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:57 am (PDT)




Here's a thought for the day:

Apart from the known and the unknown, what else is there?

Love Each Day,
Lady Nightshayde

The light of a hundred stars cannot equal the light of the Moon.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/13Witches/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WhisperingWitches/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MagickalMeals/
http://groups.yahoo/group/NightshaydesNews

The light of a hundred stars cannot equal the light of the Moon.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/13Witches/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WhisperingWitches/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MagickalMeals/
http://groups.yahoo/group/NightshaydesNews

11a.

(no subject)

Posted by: "Just Me" delicateone67@yahoo.com   delicateone67

Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:09 pm (PDT)



The story of St. Patrick and the snakes is a pure legend. It
never happened. There is no record, fossil or otherwise, that snakes
ever occurred in Ireland since the last ice age ended over 10,000 years
ago.

I'm pretty sure it is a metaphor for the Druids being
driven underground. Being that one of the symbols for the druids is the
snake.
I could be wrong but I don't think so.
According to
scientist, snakes have never lived in Ireland. The snakes are symbolic
of the pagan Druid gods he 'drove out' of the country by converting the
country to Christianity.


Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_did_St._Patrick_drive_the_snakes_out_of_Ireland#ixzz1Gswh7yEM

11b.

Re: (unknown)

Posted by: "Elizabeth Forster" mrs_e_forster@yahoo.co.uk   mrs_e_forster

Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:11 pm (PDT)



That is very true. St Patrick was actually a slave originally in Ireland, and he grew to love the Irish and their ways. Now I am not completely sure if he escaped or was released but either way he left Ireland, where he then turned to Chrisitanity. St. Pat loved the Irish so much he then returned to Ireland to convert the lot. lol
 
However apparently snakes do live in Ireland (along the east coast only and not very many), but I have never been myself so I really don't know.
 
Bright Blessings
 
Liz

--- On Thu, 17/3/11, Just Me <delicateone67@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Just Me <delicateone67@yahoo.com>
Subject: [13Witches] (unknown)
To: 13Witches@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, 17 March, 2011, 20:05

 

The story of St. Patrick and the snakes is a pure legend. It never happened. There is no record, fossil or otherwise, that snakes ever occurred in Ireland since the last ice age ended over 10,000 years ago.

I'm pretty sure it is a metaphor for the Druids being driven underground. Being that one of the symbols for the druids is the snake.
I could be wrong but I don't think so.
According to scientist, snakes have never lived in Ireland. The snakes are symbolic of the pagan Druid gods he 'drove out' of the country by converting the country to Christianity.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_did_St._Patrick_drive_the_snakes_out_of_Ireland#ixzz1Gswh7yEM

12.

Daily Feng Shui Tip for March 17

Posted by: "Lady Nightshayde" LadyNightshayde9@aol.com   nightshayde99

Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:36 pm (PDT)



Daily Feng Shui Tip by Ellen Whitehurst for Thursday, March 17

It's 'Saint Patrick's Day' and as a good and superstitious Irish girl I would be remiss if I didn't offer a few legendary ways to garner good fortune and lots of fabulous luck! And since I have a kinship with them, I think that we should start with the stars. Van Gogh painted them, Wise Men followed them and astrologers have long laid out lives according to them. For ages many cultures and traditions have told that stars are actually fallen gods or heroes that have an unseen influence over each of our affairs. So out of this ancient belief that the stars can guide our destinies comes one that says that for every soul walking the Earth right now there is a guiding star that appears at birth and extinguishes upon our demise. Napoleon was adamant in his belief in his own 'Star of Destiny,' as was another Fuhrer born closer to modern times. In fact, the saying that someone is a 'rising star' actually stems from this ancient belief, as does the thought that someone sits under the influence of a 'lucky' star. The link between luck and the stars is adequately expressed in the Hebrew phrase 'mazel tov,' which is generally accepted to mean 'good luck' but that quite literally translates to 'may the stars walk with you' or 'good constellation to you.' Legend states that wishing upon a shooting star as it shoots across the sky is incredibly lucky. These stars are believed to bring health to the sick within one month of wishing for same, as well as a successful journey for travelers. And some secret Shui says that if you say the word 'money' three times before a shooting star disappears from view then abundance and prosperity will soon shower down upon you. 'Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight, I wish I may, I wish I might, have the wish I wish tonight.' Try it. A little more luck for your Saint Paddy's Day!

Love Each Day,
Lady Nightshayde


The light of a hundred stars cannot equal the light of the Moon.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/13Witches/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WhisperingWitches/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MagickalMeals/
http://groups.yahoo/group/NightshaydesNews

13.

DailyOM: Accepting Our Calling

Posted by: "Beth Patterson" purrrpaws4444@yahoo.com   purrrpaws4444

Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:53 pm (PDT)





Today's DailyOM brought to you by:


 

 

March 17, 2011
Accepting Our Calling
Worthiness

When we accept our divinity we no longer question whether we are worthy because we know that we here for a purpose.

The issue of worthiness may come up in many areas of our lives, as we ask, often unconsciously, whether we are worthy of success, love, happiness, and countless other things, from supportive relationships to a beautiful home. In the end, though, it all comes down to one thing: our willingness to claim our space in this life as humans on this planet at this time. When we accept our divinity, we no longer question whether we are worthy, because we know that we are meant to be here to fulfill a particular purpose, a purpose that no one other than us can fulfill.

There are no replacements who can take over and live our lives for us, no other person who has had the experiences we have had, who has access to the same resources and relationships, who carries the same message to share with the world. Our purpose may be large or small, and in most cases it is multi-leveled, with important actions taking place on the interpersonal level, as well as in terms of the work we do in the world. Small acts of kindness share the stage with large acts of sacrifice, and only through accepting and honoring our divinity can we know what we are called to do and when.

Ultimately, we are all equally, exactly, completely worthy of being here in this life. Moreover, we are all essential to the unfolding plan of which we are each one small, but important, part. If we suffer from low self worth, it is because we have lost track of understanding this truth, and allowing it to guide our actions in the world. Seeing ourselves as part of something larger, as beings called to serve, is the ultimate cure for feelings of unworthiness. In the end, it's not about evaluating ourselves as worthy or unworthy, so much as it's about accepting that we have been called here to serve and taking the steps required to listen and respond to what our lives are asking us to do.

Top 10 DailyOM Courses:
1. The Most Beautiful You EVER
2. 21 Day Yoga Body!
3. Energy Healing for Beginners
4. Become a Clairvoyant Reader
5. Master the Path of the Peaceful Warrior
6. Make Yourself a Money Magnet
7. Overcoming Self-Sabotage
8. Heal Your Money Karma
9. 2012 and Beyond
10. Find True Love in 27 Days

New Courses | All Courses

The WALK-IN movie is now being filmed -- Click here to go behind the scenes
What do you think?
Discuss this article and share your opinion
Want more DailyOM?
Register for your free email, or browse all articles

 

Share the OM:

Email this to a friend

Printable version

Save in My DailyOM

Discuss this article


From the Library:
Near-Death Experiences, The Rest of the Story: What They Teach Us About Living and Dying and Our True Purpose
by P.M.H. Atwater
More DailyOM:
On-line Courses Soul Readings Today's Horoscopes Shop the Marketplace Join the Community

Home | Gift Shop | My DailyOM | Marketplace | Community | Archives | Share The OM | Contact Us
Subscribe | Change Email | User Settings | Unsubscribe | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Gift Shop FAQ | Advertising Info
Make DailyOM Your Homepage | Link To Us | Publish DailyOM On Your Website
© 2004-2011 DailyOM - All Rights Reserved
No portion of this site can be reprinted without express permission
Artwork by Wang Chang-Ming

 

Beth
Blessed, Mystical, Magickal Cats
                       &
Curious, Creative, Clever Bunnies

14.

Who Was the 'Real' St. Patrick?"

Posted by: "Lady Nightshayde" LadyNightshayde9@aol.com   nightshayde99

Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:41 pm (PDT)




This article is certainly prevalent with the happiness of the "takeover of Pagans by Maewyn Succat (St. Patrick.)
"When Patrick began his mission about 430 A.D., Ireland was gripped by paganism, idolatry prevailed and the Irish knew nothing of Jesus."
'Within a century this once pagan land became predominately Christian, possessing such a vigorous faith that Ireland in turn sent missionaries to Scotland, England, Germany and Belgium.'

"By the time of his death, Patrick had baptized tens of thousands and established hundreds of churches throughout Ireland. Danger and hardship remained his constant companions. Twice he was imprisoned, but he was not discouraged."

"As an old man, Patrick looked back in awe:

Those who never had knowledge of God but worshipped idols ... have now become ... sons of God."

Wow, I guess proselytizing is something Maewyn was proud of. Why can't people just let others worship the way they want to ?

B*B,
Lady N

Who Was the Real St. Patrick?
There are many legends and traditions associated with St. Patrick's Day. Who was the real St. Patrick?

St. Patrick was not actually Irish. he was born around 373 A.D. in the British Isles near the modern city of Dumbarton in Scotland. His real name was Maewyn Succat. He took the name of Patrick, or Patricius, meaning "well-born" in Latin, after he became a priest.

During Patrick's boyhood, the Roman empire was near collapse and too weak to defend its holdings in distant lands. Britain became easy prey for raiders, including those who crossed the Irish sea from the land known as Hibernia or Ireland. When Patrick was sixteen, he was seized by raiders and carried off to Ireland.

Most of what is known about St. Patrick comes from his own Confession, written in his old age. In his Confession he wrote about his capture:

As a youth, nay, almost as a boy not able to speak, I was taken captive ... I was like a stone lying in the deep mire; and He that is mighty came and in His mercy lifted me up, and raised me aloft ... And therefore I ought to cry out aloud and so also render something to the Lord for His great benefits here and in eternity -- benefits which the mind of men is unable to appraise.

After Patrick was captured and taken to Ireland as a slave by an Irish chieftain named Niall, he was sold to another chieftain in northern Ireland. Much of Patrick's time was spend alone on the slopes of Slemish Mountain, tending his master's flocks of sheep. During the long, lonely hours in the fields and hills of Ireland, Patrick found comfort in praying. In his Confession he wrote:

... every day I had to tend sheep, and many times a day I prayed -- the love of God and His fear came to me more and more, and my faith was strengthened. And my spirit was moved so that in a single day I would say as many as a hundred prayers and almost as many in the night, and this even when I was staying in the woods and on the mountains; ... and I felt no harm, and there was no sloth in me -- as now I see, because the spirit within me was fervent.

Six years passed slowly by. Then in a dream, Patrick heard a voice saying, "Thy ship is ready for thee." This was God's way, he felt, of telling him to run away.

That night he fled. Assured God was leading him, Patrick plunged through the bogs and scaled the mountains which separated him from the sea. He escaped Ireland by ship, but God would call him back years later. Patrick had escaped his boyhood enslavement in Ireland only to hear the call of God as a man to return. He was being called on, he felt, to convert the Irish to Christianity. In his Confession Patrick wrote:

I saw a man named Victoricus, coming from Ireland with countless letters. He game me one of them and I read the opening words which were: The voice of the Irish ... I thought at the same moment I heard their voice: 'We beg you, young man, come and walk among us once more.'

And I was quite broken in heart, and could read no further, and so I woke up. Thanks be to God, after many years the Lord gave to them according to their cry.

... they call me most unmistakably with words which I heard but could not understand, except that ... He spoke thus: 'He that has laid down His life for thee, it is He that speaketh in thee;' and so I awoke full of joy.

When Patrick began his mission about 430 A.D., Ireland was gripped by paganism, Idolatry prevailed and the Irish knew nothing of Jesus. Patrick decided to go first to the pagan chieftain or king who had enslaved him as a boy. Rather than be put to shame by a former slave, the king set fire to his house and threw himself into the flames.

Patrick then set out for Tara, the seat of the high king of Ireland. When Patrick arrived, Tara was filled with many local kings and druids who were attending the pagan feast of Beltine which coincided with Easter that year. Patrick encamped in the full view of the castle to celebrate the Resurrection of Christ.

On the eve of the festival it was the custom, upon penalty of death, that the high king should light the first bonfire before any others in the land. Patrick, however, had kindled a great fire which gleamed through the darkness. Patrick was summoned before the king. The confrontation which followed is as amazing as Elijah's victory over the prophets of Baal.

Patrick stood and called, May God arise and His enemies be scattered. Darkness fell on the camp. Confused guards began to attack one another. The ground shook and the next day, Easter, a broken king knelt before God's servant. This confrontation between Patrick's God and demonic forces marked the beginning of a thirty-year mission to Ireland.

Patrick traveled the roads and forded the rivers of Ireland for 30 years to see men and women "reborn in God' and come to know the Christ he loved so much. Patrick wrote in his Confession:

We ought to fish well and diligently, as our Lord exhorts. Hence, we spread our nets so that a great multitude and throng might be caught for God.

By the time of his death, Patrick had baptized tens of thousands and established hundreds of churches throughout Ireland. Danger and hardship remained his constant companions. Twice he was imprisoned, but he was not discouraged. He wrote in his Confession:

Daily I expect murder, fraud, or captivity, but I fear none of these things because of the promises of heaven. I have cast myself into the hands of God Almighty who rules everywhere.

Within a century this once pagan land became predominately Christian, possessing such a vigorous faith that Ireland in turn sent missionaries to Scotland, England, Germany and Belgium.

As an old man, Patrick looked back in awe:

Those who never had knowledge of God but worshipped idols ... have now become ... sons of God.

The old saint died in his beloved Ireland on March 17th, 460 A.D. The land that once enslaved him, had now been set free.

Note: One of the most popular legends attributed to Patrick is that he used the shamrock as a visual aid to teach the principle of the Trinity. This story cannot be verified. However, from his writings it is evident the doctrine of the Trinity was central in his teaching.

Love Each Day,
Lady Nightshayde


The light of a hundred stars cannot equal the light of the Moon.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/13Witches/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WhisperingWitches/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MagickalMeals/
http://groups.yahoo/group/NightshaydesNews

15a.

Re: Fw: 6 Ways You Can Help Animals in Japan Right Now | Charities |

Posted by: "Lady Nightshayde" LadyNightshayde9@aol.com   nightshayde99

Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:22 pm (PDT)





I know that many on 13 Witches are animal lovers, like I am.
I came across this in one of my animal newsletters today and thought it worth sharing.

http://www.peoplepets.com/news/charities/6-ways-you-can-help-animals-in-japan-right-now/1?xid=email-peoplepetsdailytreat-20110315-351702

It restores my belief in humanity when groups like this sprout up when disasters happen. One of my daughters once told me, "Mom, you can't save them all." While I do realize that I can't, if I was wealthy, most of my money would go take care of animals in need.

Love Each Day,
Lady Nightshayde


The light of a hundred stars cannot equal the light of the Moon.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/13Witches/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WhisperingWitches/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MagickalMeals/
http://groups.yahoo/group/NightshaydesNews

16.1.

Aromatherapy Tip

Posted by: "Lady Nightshayde" LadyNightshayde9@aol.com   nightshayde99

Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:18 pm (PDT)



Elemi calms without making one sleepy. Promotes peace and joy, centering,
balances upper and lower chakras. Elemi is said to stimulate the Thymus
gland and strengthens the immune system, particularly at the beginning of an
illness.

from www.aromathyme.com

Love Each Day,
Lady Nightshayde


The light of a hundred stars cannot equal the light of the Moon.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/13Witches/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WhisperingWitches/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MagickalMeals/
http://groups.yahoo/group/NightshaydesNews

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web
Material submitted to this list is for your own personal use and is not to be forwarded without the express permission of the poster. 

Community email addresses:
  Post message: 13Witches@yahoogroups.com
  Subscribe:    13Witches-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
  Unsubscribe:  13Witches-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
  List owner:   13Witches-owner@yahoogroups.com

In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, any copyrighted work in this message is distributed under fair use without profit or payment to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for non-profit research and educational or criticism purposes only, and is NOT an infringement of copyright.
http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.html

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu