vineri, 22 aprilie 2011

[Witch_Essentials] Digest Number 2855

Messages In This Digest (2 Messages)

1a.
Re: Just a Little Art. From: 程倩雯
2.
Just a little Art II From: Blackbird

Messages

1a.

Re: Just a Little Art.

Posted by: "程倩雯" chengqw21@gmail.com   chengqw21

Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:08 am (PDT)



Hi Jeni,

I will try my best to seize every chance to go out to admire nature and draw
some sketches. I know "practice makes perfect". But there are always many
other things prevent you from doing what you really want to do. Sometimes I
have to give up something to make things better.

Anyway, I will stick to my dream. I don't want to feel regret not to improve
my skill and enjoy the process of drawing.

I want to paint some pictures to decorate my dorm. When I finish them, I
will attach them with my email.

Regards

Jenny

2011/4/21 jeni matthews <witch_uk_381@yahoo.com>

>
>
> hiya!
>
> Feel free to show off your art to me, I always apreciate peoples artist
> talent!
>
> I think that once you've found an artist whose work really inspires you,
> you might start replicating their work and use their style to create your
> own images. Don't feel forced to go out and paint nature though because then
> you may be put off from painting if you feel that your work isn't good
> enough. I should know I have this problem :)
>
> Speak soon
>
> Jeni
>
>
> --- On *Wed, 20/4/11, 程倩雯 <chengqw21@gmail.com>* wrote:
>
>
> From: 程倩雯 <chengqw21@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Witch_Essentials] Just a Little Art.
> To: Witch_Essentials@yahoogroups.com
> Date: Wednesday, 20 April, 2011, 5:46
>
>
>
> Hi Jeni,
>
> I am glad you like it. I used ink to paint it.
>
> I never paint from nature. What I like to do is to copy others' works.
> Maybe that's the reason why I lack creativity. I should encourage myself to
> go out and draw something new. I really want to exchange my feelings with
> others when I finish one. Those smiles make me happy.
>
> Regards
>
> Jenny
>
>
>
>
> 2011/4/19 jeni matthews <witch_uk_381@yahoo.com<http://us.mc1206.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=witch_uk_381@yahoo.com>
> >
>
>
> Holy cow that is stunning! I've never been able to use inks like that
> (are they inks or paint?)
>
> I too love to be artistic and the latest things I've done are a faery and
> some elemental stones, I'll attach some pictures when i'm at home if anyone
> is interested!
>
> Jeni x
>
> --- On *Tue, 19/4/11, 程倩雯 <chengqw21@gmail.com<http://us.mc1206.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=chengqw21@gmail.com>
> >* wrote:
>
>
> From: 程倩雯 <chengqw21@gmail.com<http://us.mc1206.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=chengqw21@gmail.com>
> >
> Subject: Re: [Witch_Essentials] Just a Little Art. [1 Attachment]
> To: Witch_Essentials@yahoogroups.com<http://us.mc1206.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=Witch_Essentials@yahoogroups.com>
> Date: Tuesday, 19 April, 2011, 0:08
>
>
>
> Hi Micheal,
>
> I love drawing very much. When I was young, I like to hold my little pencil
> and draw anything I could imagine. Then my father sent me to some tutors. To
> my surprise, there were many students and they were all better than me and
> older than me. I was totally frightened.
>
> So I didn't receive any formal training. When I am sad and happy, I will
> imitate some paintings. The moment is really beautiful.
>
> Here is one I imitated few days ago.
>
> Jenny
> 2011/4/19 Blackbird <blackbird_61@yahoo.com<http://us.mc1206.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=blackbird_61@yahoo.com>
> >
>
>
> I was raised in Western New York, where winter really lasts about 6
> months out of the year, and the other seasons are pretty well crammed into
> the other half; My Mom tells me she is getting snow today! and Im not at all
> suprised really. And while I like to get out hiking with my camera others
> with a better eye and more courage dare to paint.
> I was recently introduced to this artists work through one of magazines I
> browse every month at borders, take some time with it, while It's not going
> out into nature, its not quite so cold either. ; ) BB.
> Micheal Godfrey,
> highlandsartgallery.com
> http://www.highlandsartgallery.com/gallery/michael-godfrey.php
>
>
>
>
>
2.

Just a little Art II

Posted by: "Blackbird" blackbird_61@yahoo.com   blackbird_61

Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:12 am (PDT)




If I may Suggest,
while copying from other peoples work is a very important part of
traditional artistic training, and indeed I believe in some older
academies doing original work was actually discouraged for beginning
students in the 19th Century; because one needed to learn from the
Masters.

I have suggested before and would like to take the opportunity now to
point out that sitting with nature, drawing from nature is one of the
best ways I know of connecting to nature; which IMHO is the very heart
of what it is to be Pagan.

The Leaf in this photograph
<http://www.anar-mura.com/WE/img/29Jun09-Img002.jpg> actually fell in
my paper as I was doing this study of other leaves, It was photographed
undisturbed just where it landed.

This Tree <http://www.anar-mura.com/WE/img/img042.jpg> was felled this
year, and this sketch inadvertently preserves its memory; it was one of
my favorites in the park.

This Branch hangs from a Tree that stands near one of my favorite stones
to Mediate on at RockRun; The Stones themselves are Huge, and could
easily accommodate 3 or 4 sitters.

This Crow <http://www.anar-mura.com/WE/img/BB_Icon.jpg> snatched
something up off the Highway a few car lengths in front of me on I270 in
Frederick, then bravely struggled into the air and above the traffic. I
must admit when I first saw him, he was both Magnificent and worrisome;
My fathers sudden death in his 40's left me with no illusions as to my
own immortality, and I do from time to time see things, that leave me
wondering if they are omens of my own end. This Magnificent animal, like
a soul taking flight was one such omen. Sort of like the Dove in
Bladerunner, but (for me) a more appropriate bird. ;)

Of course, my own abilities are pretty humble actually; I make art for
my own pleasure and purposes; I have no illusions of ever seeing
anything I've done hanging anywhere, one artist, who really does have
that precious ability to capture nature as she finds it is Dee Overly
<http://www.artistdaily.com/blogs/drawing/archive/2008/07/07/dee-overly-\
s-colored-pencil-and-graphite-drawings.aspx
> Her work in colored Pencil
rivals the best work I have seen in Water Color or Oil for depth,
complexity, accuracy and composition. Needless to say I love her stuff;
and would be thrilled to one day own one of her pieces.

Brightest Blessings All, BB.

BTW - I had to adjust the game down on these images to see them propely
on my new computer, you might have to tweek the Gamma on your own to see
them just as they should be. ... sorry working on that one. BB.

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Cat Fanatics

on Yahoo! Groups

Find people who are

crazy about cats.

Need traffic?

Drive customers

With search ads

on Yahoo!

Yahoo! Groups

Mental Health Zone

Find support for

Mental illnesses

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web
MARKETPLACE

Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu