duminică, 10 aprilie 2011

[WitchesWorkshop] Digest Number 4704

Messages In This Digest (7 Messages)

Messages

1.

Fantasy Writers

Posted by: "ptnfilms" ptnfilms@yahoo.com.au   ptnfilms

Sat Apr 9, 2011 5:36 am (PDT)



Hi there,

Seeking a writer wanting to collaborate in a fantasy where witches save the world. Any takers or any ideas? I'd love to hear from you. Melbourne based. Peter

2.

Esoteric Study Group + Coven Circle Training

Posted by: "Ozpagan" ozpagan@ozpagan.com   wwwozpagancom

Sat Apr 9, 2011 5:40 am (PDT)



Commencing May 2011
03 May · 19:30 - 22:30
Location Central Coast, NSW

6 Week workshop delving into the many practices under the Pagan umbrella.

A study of witchcraft early origins, western magical traditions, shamanic, thelema, faery, wicca, voodoo, womens mysteries, deities and myths from varied pantheons, hermetic and elemental workings.
These workshps are part theory and practical circle work. Open to both woman and men of all levels of experience.
There will be opportunity for ongoing Coven involvement for those who wish to work within a regular circle of peers, for the right applicant.

For more information and location details please personal message/ leave a message on the wall:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=156443264417242&ref=mf

...or email Louise Greentree at weeziemetal@hotmail.com

Blessings

3a.

The Dancers Tarot - A Kickstarter Project

Posted by: "Moti" moti@contactimprov.com   dancecontact

Sat Apr 9, 2011 6:00 am (PDT)



Dancers Tarot Flier
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/600727120/the-dancers-tarot

Dear friends, fellow artists, witches, and dancers,

I'm so excited to share with you my latest project! Since I began to photograph dancers, I've had the vision to create a deck of tarot cards with photos of dancers to represent the archetypes (using Contact Improv and Authentic Movement as approaches to finding genuine expressions of the archetypes.) I've been incubating the idea, researching, and trying things out, and I'm ready to start working on the first 22 images—The Major Arcana. It's quite an ambitious project and will require an investment in time, energy, and money. Right now the financial side is where I need your help to get things going.

I've just launched my project "The Dancers Tarot" on Kickstarter.com, a new online platform for grassroots fundraising, where you can watch a video I made, read more about the project, and pledge your support. Kickstarter is powered by a unique all-or-nothing funding method where projects must be fully-funded or no money changes hands.
Please go take a look at my page:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/600727120/the-dancers-tarot

Thanks for any support you are able to offer! Even a few dollars helps. The more pledges I get the more popular the project will become on Kickstarter, which means... more pledges... and the project's success! I can't wait to update you on my progress.

In Gratitude,
Moti Mark Zemelman

3b.

Re: The Dancers Tarot - A Kickstarter Project

Posted by: "Tim Hartridge" ozpagan@ozpagan.com   wwwozpagancom

Sat Apr 9, 2011 11:32 pm (PDT)



Hi Moti,

Great idea and your video-clip really describes the goals and aims of
the project. I recently bought a photographically inspired Tarot deck
-- the "Silver Era Tarot" by photographer/artist Aunia Kahn. It's
fundamentally a black and white deck with only very subtle use of
muted colours in each card.

Aunia has used the themes and images drawn from an interpretation of
the Waite-Smith deck. Something I noted with Aunia's deck was a lack
of range of ages of the models used in the photos. This is because
she has used herself, and co-author of the deck's booklet, in many of
the depictions of card scenes. Her explanation was that this deck
illustrates her journey in exploring the Tarot; and that is
beautifully done.

What attracted me to the deck is her stated design-style, which is
influenced by the Victoria and pre-World War II european eras; hence
the title of the deck, I presume -- "Silver [screen] Era Tarot".

As a Tarot reader though I felt it is important to provide both a
broader range of age and demographics. In my professional life as
well as in my witchcraft/tarot experience I've worked with people
from cultural backgrounds far removed from europe. I'd personally
like to see a deck that encompassed a more global range of ages,
sexes and cultural styles.

Please keep us updated on your progress with "The Dancers Tarot"
project.

vinum sabbati,
Tim

On 09/04/2011, at 4:55 AM, Moti wrote:

> Dancers Tarot Flier
> http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/600727120/the-dancers-tarot
>
> Dear friends, fellow artists, witches, and dancers,
>
> I'm so excited to share with you my latest project! Since I began
> to photograph dancers, I've had the vision to create a deck of
> tarot cards with photos of dancers to represent the archetypes
> (using Contact Improv and Authentic Movement as approaches to
> finding genuine expressions of the archetypes.) I've been
> incubating the idea, researching, and trying things out, and I'm
> ready to start working on the first 22 images—The Major Arcana.
> It's quite an ambitious project and will require an investment in
> time, energy, and money. Right now the financial side is where I
> need your help to get things going.
>
> I've just launched my project "The Dancers Tarot" on
> Kickstarter.com, a new online platform for grassroots fundraising,
> where you can watch a video I made, read more about the project,
> and pledge your support. Kickstarter is powered by a unique all-or-
> nothing funding method where projects must be fully-funded or no
> money changes hands.
> Please go take a look at my page:
>
> http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/600727120/the-dancers-tarot
>
> Thanks for any support you are able to offer! Even a few dollars
> helps. The more pledges I get the more popular the project will
> become on Kickstarter, which means... more pledges... and the
> project's success! I can't wait to update you on my progress.
>
> In Gratitude,
> Moti Mark Zemelman
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

4.

Sisterhood of the Scared Tree

Posted by: "aureliaray@rocketmail.com" aureliaray@rocketmail.com   aureliaray@rocketmail.com

Sat Apr 9, 2011 6:22 am (PDT)



A non-structured on-line coven/group of learning individuals. We will discuss topics pertaining to all paths based on the old religion. We will learn and grow from one another in a peaceful and serene enviroment. Paricipation a must, only those wanting to learn more about their paths need apply.

About the Tree of Life - in my view - shows how we are all linked together infinately in this world. That we share the same core and though me may move in differents directions we all eventually meet back in the center where knowledge grows.

About myself, I am a Wiccan of 11 years following an electic path of my own design. I am not a teacher. I am a student of life. I open myself to learning about my path and about others that follow their own paths. I am hoping that with this group we can bind together all the experiences and knowledge that we are willing to share into a wonderous learning experience for all.

Things discussed in this group are Wicca, Witchcraft, and other traditions, Tarot and other forms of divination, spell writing and BOS, Herbs and Recipes, Casting Circles and Rituals, Esbats and Sabbats, The Moon Phases,and other topics pretaining to the Old Ways.

If you have something you would like to share, please join us.
aureliaray@rocketmail.com

5a.

Sandra G Beverley/Australia/IBM is out of the office.

Posted by: "Sandra G Beverley" sandyb@au1.ibm.com

Sat Apr 9, 2011 11:02 am (PDT)




I will be out of the office starting 29/03/2011 and will not return until
13/04/2011.

I will be on leave from Wednesday 30th March to Tuesday 12th April
inclusive. I will not have access to notes during this period.
For GSS matters for Growth Markets including Sales Eminence please contact
Felix Binggeli/Austria/IBM or Claire Lamb/Australia/IBM@IBMAU.

For GSS scheduling or class enquiries please contact the following people
in each GMT..
ASEAN - Sandra MG Goh/Singapore/IBM or Rachael SL Tan/Malaysia/IBM
ANZ - Patreen YM Wong/Malaysia/IBM
GCG - Crystal Ma/China/Contr/IBM
ISA - Pradeep Ramakrishna/India/IBM,
Korea - Jeong-seon Park/Korea/IBM,
LA - Daniela Masili Schwery/Brazil/IBM,
CEE MEA - Elke Briers/Belgium/Contr/IBM

I will attend to you email upon my return.

Thank you.

6a.

Re: Legal/Taxation  Advice?

Posted by: "Amethyst" amethyst@oakandmistletoe.com.au   a2zamethyst58

Sat Apr 9, 2011 4:58 pm (PDT)





Thanks Venus, have emailed you off list.

Smiles,

Amethyst

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web
____________________ ooo)(0({O})0)(ooo____________________

Witches Workshop hold regular workshops see
http://www.witchesworkshop.com/Circle/circle_workshop.html

Keep up to date via our WitchesWorshop Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sydney-Australia/WitchesWorkshop/135651219624

WitchesWorkshop and Witch Camp Australia also run camps
several times a year - check out our websites for updates.
http://www.witchcampaustralia.org.au
http://www.witchesworkshop.com
___________________________________________________________

The WitchesWorkshop egroup holds the expectation that a
tolerant and respectful dialogue be strived for in our  
communication with other pagans, witches magicians, et al.
Members are encouraged to challenge anyone not adhering
to these principles & to notify owner.

info@witchesworkshop.com
___________________________________________________________

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu